In the municipality of Valladolid there is a town called Yalcobá where visitors can find the Cenote Palomitas. This underground water hole measures 50 meters in diameter and 45 meters deep; Its intense blue color and crystalline waters makes it one of the main attractions in the area.
This cenote is surrounded by a special energy that makes it amusing and peaceful at the same time. Around it, a spacious shore invites the visitors to relax, read a book or simply contemplate the beauty of the scenery, before taking a dip in its crystal clear waters.
Locals have placed signage along the road, so travelers can not miss it. There is also a viewpoint with a panomaric view of the Cenote Palomitas.
– Parking lot
- – Restaurant
- – Bathrooms and changing rooms.
- – Rent of life jackets
- – Kayak rental
SCHEDULES AND ADMISSION FEE
This cenote opens from Monday to Sunday from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. The entrance fee is $ 90.00 per person and the locals pay $ 50.00 per person.
HOW TO GET THERE?
From Merida you can take the federal highway 180 that goes towards Cancun. Once there and after having passed Valladolid, you will see the exit towards Yalcobá. You must continue straight to the town church and turn left to find the parking lot and the cenote is just a few meters ahead.
– Take mosquito repellent and avoid using blockers and creams if you’re planning to swim in the cenote.
– Wear comfortable clothes and shoes (tennis shoes, sandals, shorts, t-shirt, etc).
– Follow the safety instructions to avoid any accidents.
– If you bring food or drinks, don’t litter, don’t throw anything into the cenote, and collect all your garbage and deposit it in the trash cans there.
TYT Newsroom with information from descubro.mx