An eco-chic property with just 26 rooms, Ahau Hotel accurately evokes the bohemian style of Tulum. Opened in 2012, the hotel was built using locally sourced materials, resulting in a rustic look with lots of wood and colorful accents.
Rooms have charming beds draped in mosquito netting, furnished terraces — most offering great ocean views — and showers. Although there’s no pool, a gorgeous stretch of beach dotted with daybeds and hammocks, daily yoga classes, and bike rentals are on offer.
Two restaurants are on-site, including the popular Raw Love organic eatery.
- Almost all rooms have beachfront access and views
- Two restaurants, including the raw and organic Raw Love
- Charming, rustic bungalows with gauzy mosquito netting over the beds
- Daily yoga classes above the main restaurant
- Windsurfing classes on the beach daily
- Temezcal huts for indulging in a Mayan ritual
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Free parking spaces
- Pet-friendly for all types of traveling companions, big or small
- No pool
- Minimal cellular reception for phone calls
- Mosquitos are a constant nuisance in the outdoor areas
- Bali Huts have shared bathrooms
more recommended stories
AMLO says he will not ‘confront’ Catholic church over sexual abuse claims
(Reuters) – Mexican President Andres Manuel.
Water treatment plant shut down in Cielo Alto, Southern Mérida
“After causing damage to the environment,.
“Villaventura” Parque Vivo: Interactive farm to bring children closer to nature
The importance of the direct contact.
Yucatan seeks to reduce the number of suicides with prevention program
Yucatan doubles the national rate of.
Maya train features mixed investment: 10% government and 90% private initiative
The Maya Train project will be.
Progreso Beach and the mafia behind the Palapas
In an extensive investigation conducted by.
Passenger stabbed to death inside a Merida public transport bus
What started as a fight ended.
The National Institute of Migration seeks to facilitate the integration of foreigners in Yucatan
MERIDA YUCATAN.- The National Institute of.
Yucatan´s new gastronomy
The president of the National Chamber.
Meet Merida’s new “Park Rangers”
MERIDA YUCATAN.- In order to maintain the.