An eco-chic property with just 26 rooms, Ahau Hotel accurately evokes the bohemian style of Tulum. Opened in 2012, the hotel was built using locally sourced materials, resulting in a rustic look with lots of wood and colorful accents.
Rooms have charming beds draped in mosquito netting, furnished terraces — most offering great ocean views — and showers. Although there’s no pool, a gorgeous stretch of beach dotted with daybeds and hammocks, daily yoga classes, and bike rentals are on offer.
Two restaurants are on-site, including the popular Raw Love organic eatery.
- Almost all rooms have beachfront access and views
- Two restaurants, including the raw and organic Raw Love
- Charming, rustic bungalows with gauzy mosquito netting over the beds
- Daily yoga classes above the main restaurant
- Windsurfing classes on the beach daily
- Temezcal huts for indulging in a Mayan ritual
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Free parking spaces
- Pet-friendly for all types of traveling companions, big or small
- No pool
- Minimal cellular reception for phone calls
- Mosquitos are a constant nuisance in the outdoor areas
- Bali Huts have shared bathrooms