An eco-chic property with just 26 rooms, Ahau Hotel accurately evokes the bohemian style of Tulum. Opened in 2012, the hotel was built using locally sourced materials, resulting in a rustic look with lots of wood and colorful accents.
Rooms have charming beds draped in mosquito netting, furnished terraces — most offering great ocean views — and showers. Although there’s no pool, a gorgeous stretch of beach dotted with daybeds and hammocks, daily yoga classes, and bike rentals are on offer.
Two restaurants are on-site, including the popular Raw Love organic eatery.
- Almost all rooms have beachfront access and views
- Two restaurants, including the raw and organic Raw Love
- Charming, rustic bungalows with gauzy mosquito netting over the beds
- Daily yoga classes above the main restaurant
- Windsurfing classes on the beach daily
- Temezcal huts for indulging in a Mayan ritual
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Free parking spaces
- Pet-friendly for all types of traveling companions, big or small
- No pool
- Minimal cellular reception for phone calls
- Mosquitos are a constant nuisance in the outdoor areas
- Bali Huts have shared bathrooms
more recommended stories
Mexico’s Lopez Obrador ratings slip: to 70% approval
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – Mexico’s President.
Walmart will supply Central America from distribution center in Kanasín, Yucatán
The president of the National Chamber.
Cozumel east coast severely affected by tons of sargasso
The east coast of the island.
Rome in a Day: 5 Iconic Places to Visit in Rome When Short on Time
If you’re visiting Rome, but only.
“Sun at the zenith” – Thursday in Merida: objects and people will not have a shadow
The phenomenon of the sun at.
Racist Kellyanne Conway to reporter: ―”What’s your ethnicity?”―
Kellyanne Conway prides herself on her.
Outrage over Trump’s racist tweets
WASHINGTON D.C (Agencies/CNN) – Outrage over.
Las Coloradas: The Unbelievable Pink Lakes of the Yucatan (VIDEO)
Hidden away on the tip of.
How Does Filtered Water Provide Balance to the Body?
A balance of fluids in the.
Mototaxis: the most dangerous means of public transportation in Mérida
During the first half of the.