A plastic melting machine caught fire on the afternoon of Sunday January 20th, while employees were working.
The incident took place at the facilities of the “Plásticos Progreso” company, located at kilometer 26 of the Mérida-Progreso highway, in the municipality of Progreso.
Around 6 in the afternoon, the owner of the business, Pedro Borges, 54, noticed that an industrial machine used to melt plastic burst in flames.
When he saw the fire, he did not think it twice and quickly requested help by calling the emergency number 911. Minutes later, three fire trucks arrived at the site in a timely manner to control the flames.
Fortunately the fire did not spread and the flames only consumed the machine. No injuries were reported and the fire apparently was originated by overheating.
TYT Newsroom with information from Yucatan Ahora