A plastic melting machine caught fire on the afternoon of Sunday January 20th, while employees were working.
The incident took place at the facilities of the “Plásticos Progreso” company, located at kilometer 26 of the Mérida-Progreso highway, in the municipality of Progreso.
Around 6 in the afternoon, the owner of the business, Pedro Borges, 54, noticed that an industrial machine used to melt plastic burst in flames.
When he saw the fire, he did not think it twice and quickly requested help by calling the emergency number 911. Minutes later, three fire trucks arrived at the site in a timely manner to control the flames.
Fortunately the fire did not spread and the flames only consumed the machine. No injuries were reported and the fire apparently was originated by overheating.
TYT Newsroom with information from Yucatan Ahora
more recommended stories
AMLO says he will not ‘confront’ Catholic church over sexual abuse claims
(Reuters) – Mexican President Andres Manuel.
Water treatment plant shut down in Cielo Alto, Southern Mérida
“After causing damage to the environment,.
“Villaventura” Parque Vivo: Interactive farm to bring children closer to nature
The importance of the direct contact.
Yucatan seeks to reduce the number of suicides with prevention program
Yucatan doubles the national rate of.
Maya train features mixed investment: 10% government and 90% private initiative
The Maya Train project will be.
Progreso Beach and the mafia behind the Palapas
In an extensive investigation conducted by.
Passenger stabbed to death inside a Merida public transport bus
What started as a fight ended.
The National Institute of Migration seeks to facilitate the integration of foreigners in Yucatan
MERIDA YUCATAN.- The National Institute of.
Yucatan´s new gastronomy
The president of the National Chamber.
Meet Merida’s new “Park Rangers”
MERIDA YUCATAN.- In order to maintain the.