OXKUTZCAB.- Featuring Mayan buildings replicas, the Mundo Maya tourist corridor was structured in Oxkutzcab as part of the XXXIV Annual Orange Fair “Vive Nuestra Historia” (Live Our History).
Mayor Raúl Romero Chel, president of the organizing committee of the exhibition, informed that today Thursday December 6th, the fair is inaugurated and that it seeks to revive the history of Mexico, its pre-Hispanic culture, represented with regional clothing.
He said that visitors will see representations of Uxmal’s Templo del Adivino; the birth of the dwarf of Uxmal, from Sabacché, of the god of fertility from Kabah and the arch of Labná at the entrance of the fair.
“The objective of the fair is to promote agriculture, gastronomy and the surrounding tourist areas, specifucaly the archaeological sites of the Puuc Route. Oxkutzcab expects thousands of visitors to come and admire the cultural and educational wealth that few municipalities in the state have,” the mayor said.
He announced that at the Fair, which will be open from Thursday Dec. 6th to Sunday 16th, there will be guided school tours so that children about the richness and economic potential of their municipality.
- The exhibition will be inaugurated by Governor Mauricio Vila Dosal, along with other officials and mayors at 7:00 pm.
- At 7:30 pm, the group “Pok Ta’Pok (ball game) will be presented, at the Mundo Maya corridor.
- At 7:40 p.m. Iinauguration speech by Governor Vila Dosal and Mayor Romero Chel.
- At 8:00 pm, a Maya purification ceremony will be held, then the ribbon cutting and a fireworks display.
- Representatives of the 106 citrus units will carry out the coronation of the queen of the Orange Fair, Guadalupe May Ávila.
- The delegation will tour the stands of the agricultural area.
- The Yucalpetén Typical Orchestra will liven up the event.
- Feature presentaion of the regional comedian “Doña Clodo”.
- A Vaquería and a Jarana contest entertained by the orchestra of Arturo González, and Julián and his Orquesta Jaranera.
In addition to the Mundo Maya corridor, there will be a citrus exhibition, in which some 10,000 fruits will be in display, donated by 5,000 local farmers to assemble the exhibit of the 106 agricultural units of the Yucatecan “Southern Cone”.
The most anticipated event for the farmers is the contest of the sweetest orange, large and commercial in size, a very special prize is given to the producer who offers the fruit with the highest amount of Brix degrees, a parameter to measure the amount of sugar in the orange, since this is an essential factor to maintain its flavor and freshness.
On Friday Decmber the 14th, at 3 o’clock in the afternoon, a race with a cause will be held, in order to collect food for people in a vulnerable situation and scarce resources; the donations will be delivered to the voluntary group Formando Sonrisas (“Forming Smiles”).
TYT Newsroom with information from Gobierno del Estado de Yucatán
more recommended stories
Guatemalan teen dies at Border Patrol station, 5th minor to die in US custody in 6 months
PHOENIX – A 16-year-old boy diagnosed.
Cruise the ocean with gourmet food, craft cocktails and the best of the digital world
PORT OF SAN FRANCISCO — We’re.
Come to the Yucatan…
Standing barefoot on a wooden jetty.
Is the State Secretary of Public Security on his way out?
According to an unofficial source close.
Real estate “Boom” would raise the population of Mérida to two million before 2030
“The city of Mérida would increase.
Camazotz: the Maya Batman
In Maya mythology there is a.
Ochoa-Lopez murder: Baby boy cut from mother’s womb opens eyes for the first time
A baby boy, cut from his.
Yucatán beekeepers to receive more and better support from state government
The Yucatan state government and apicultural.
AMLO orders end to corporate tax breaks in Mexico
MEXICO CITY, May 20 (Reuters) –.
Climate change improves production of habanero pepper in Yucatán
“Facing the climate change that prevails.