GUADALAJARA, JALISCO, MEXICO / ACCESSWIRE / November 5, 2018 / Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico, S.A.B. de C.V., (NYSE: PAC; BMV: GAP) (”the Company” or ”GAP”) announced preliminary terminal passenger traffic figures for the month of October 2018, compared to traffic figures for October 2017.
During October 2018, total terminal passengers increased by 10.3% at the Company’s 13 airports, compared to the same period of the previous year. Domestic passenger traffic increased by 12.6%, while international passenger traffic increased by 6.5%.
Domestic Terminal Passengers (in thousands):
International Terminal Passengers (in thousands):
Total Terminal Passengers (in thousands):
*Passengers in Tijuana who use CBX in both directions are classified as international.
Highlights for the Period:
- Seats and Load Factors: In October 2018, GAP registered an 11.1% increase in the number of seats available compared to October 2017. Load factors for the month decreased by 0.5 percentage points, from 81.5% in October 2017 to 81.0% in October 2018.
- Hurricane Willa: As a result of the hurricane passing through the coastal regions of Jalisco and Nayarit, 28 commercial flights were cancelled during the days of October 22, 23 and 24 at the Puerto Vallarta Airport. These cancellations represented a traffic decrease of 1.2%.
- New Routes:
- Guanajuato to Chicago O‘Hare by United Airlines
- Morelia to Monterrey by VivaAerobus
- Morelia to Tijuana by VivaAerobus
- Tijuana to Huatulco by Volaris
- Tijuana to Tuxtla Gutierrez by Volaris
- Tijuana to Zihuatanejo by Volaris
- Montego Bay to Dusseldorf by Eurowings
- Montego Bay to Moscow by Nordwind
23 new routes are scheduled to begin operations in November and December, of which 12 are domestic routes and 11 are international.
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V. (GAP) operates 12 airports throughout Mexico’s Pacific region, including the major cities of Guadalajara and Tijuana, the four tourist destinations of Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, La Paz and Manzanillo, and six other mid-sized cities: Hermosillo, Guanajuato, Morelia, Aguascalientes, Mexicali and Los Mochis. In February 2006, GAP’s shares were listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ”PAC”and on the Mexican Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ”GAP”. In April 2015, GAP acquired 100% of Desarrollo de Concesiones Aeroportuarias, S.L., which owns a majority stake in MBJ Airports Limited, a company operating Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica
more recommended stories
“Yucatan is an exceptional state when it comes to public safety” (Federal Secretary of Security and Citizen Protection)
“Yucatan is an exceptional state when.
Does Tulum really need a new one thousand-room hotel?
New “Hotel Internacional” in Tulum will.
San Miguel de Allende in the News
Recently San Miguel has been an.
American Expats say money they had at Monex is gone and the bank isn’t helping them
In late December, Kathy Machir called.
25 countries confirmed to attend “Sargasso Summit” in Cancun
Cancún, Quintana Roo – 25 countries.
Facebook takes down billions of fake accounts
Facebook took down 2.2 billion fake.
Trump orders intel agencies to assist with review of “Russia probe”
Looks like “investigating the investigators” has.
British Prime Minister Theresa May announces resignation
“I tried three times. I believe.
Governor Mauricio Vila Dosal supervises maintenance works on the Mérida-Progreso highway
Governor Mauricio Vila Dosal supervised the.
The “Pueblos Mágicos” program will once again receive government funding
Zacatecas, Mexico – At a tourism fair.