GUADALAJARA, JALISCO, MEXICO / ACCESSWIRE / November 5, 2018 / Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico, S.A.B. de C.V., (NYSE: PAC; BMV: GAP) (”the Company” or ”GAP”) announced preliminary terminal passenger traffic figures for the month of October 2018, compared to traffic figures for October 2017.
During October 2018, total terminal passengers increased by 10.3% at the Company’s 13 airports, compared to the same period of the previous year. Domestic passenger traffic increased by 12.6%, while international passenger traffic increased by 6.5%.
Domestic Terminal Passengers (in thousands):
International Terminal Passengers (in thousands):
Total Terminal Passengers (in thousands):
*Passengers in Tijuana who use CBX in both directions are classified as international.
Highlights for the Period:
- Seats and Load Factors: In October 2018, GAP registered an 11.1% increase in the number of seats available compared to October 2017. Load factors for the month decreased by 0.5 percentage points, from 81.5% in October 2017 to 81.0% in October 2018.
- Hurricane Willa: As a result of the hurricane passing through the coastal regions of Jalisco and Nayarit, 28 commercial flights were cancelled during the days of October 22, 23 and 24 at the Puerto Vallarta Airport. These cancellations represented a traffic decrease of 1.2%.
- New Routes:
- Guanajuato to Chicago O‘Hare by United Airlines
- Morelia to Monterrey by VivaAerobus
- Morelia to Tijuana by VivaAerobus
- Tijuana to Huatulco by Volaris
- Tijuana to Tuxtla Gutierrez by Volaris
- Tijuana to Zihuatanejo by Volaris
- Montego Bay to Dusseldorf by Eurowings
- Montego Bay to Moscow by Nordwind
23 new routes are scheduled to begin operations in November and December, of which 12 are domestic routes and 11 are international.
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V. (GAP) operates 12 airports throughout Mexico’s Pacific region, including the major cities of Guadalajara and Tijuana, the four tourist destinations of Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, La Paz and Manzanillo, and six other mid-sized cities: Hermosillo, Guanajuato, Morelia, Aguascalientes, Mexicali and Los Mochis. In February 2006, GAP’s shares were listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ”PAC”and on the Mexican Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ”GAP”. In April 2015, GAP acquired 100% of Desarrollo de Concesiones Aeroportuarias, S.L., which owns a majority stake in MBJ Airports Limited, a company operating Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica
more recommended stories
“You will be captured”. Yucatan Chief of Police
The Ministry of Public Security of.
Historic Canadian investment for Southern Quintana Roo
TORONTO (CGC).– Quintana Roo´s governor Carlos.
Mexico’s National Guard unanimously approved by Senate (it won’t be military-led)
(Reuters) – On Thursday February 21st,.
Mexico’s national anthem to be sang in Maya language
As part of a select group,.
As usually for the last 30 years, Cancun will draw thousands of college students for “Spring Break 2019”
College students all over the US and.
AAA Adds Five Hotels in Mexico to Five Diamond List (two of them in the Yucatan Peninsula)
AAA has released its annual list of.
Yucatan Symphony Orchestra celebrates 15 years
The Yucatan Symphony Orchestra (OSY) will.
Municipal government began installing cultural-sites signage along Mérida’s downtown
With an investment of 170,000 pesos,.
19-year-old girl missing in Mérida finally found safe and sound
A 19-year-old girl left her home.
Several Reasons to Use Quotes in Your Presentation
A well-chosen quote can set a.