As published by Mexico News Daily, President-elect López Obrador reached out to the business community yesterday, naming eight businessmen to a new business advisory council.
In a video message published on social media, López Obrador said the idea to create the council came from the business sector.
It will be coordinated by the future president’s chief of staff, Alfonso Romo, who is a business tycoon himself.
López Obrador stressed that Mexico will need public, private and foreign investment to achieve the 4% annual economic growth he is targeting.
“We need the support of the business sector so that there is investment, so that jobs are created. I assure you that there is no reason for concern because I know very well what has to be done to help the most humble and poorest people,” he said.
The businessmen who will join the advisory council “want to help me, want to give me their points of view, their visions,” López Obrador added.
Creation of the group was welcomed by members of the private sector, including the president of the influential Business Coordinating Council (CCE).
The members of the new council are:
• Ricardo Salinas Pliego, founder and chairman of Grupo Salinas, a conglomerate that includes Banco Azteca, TV Azteca and Elektra.
• Bernardo Gómez, executive co-president of broadcaster Televisa.
• Olegario Vázquez Aldir, CEO of Grupo Empresarial Ángeles, a conglomerate that includes Imagen TV and Imagen Radio, the newspaper Excélsior and Hospitales Ángeles.
• Carlos Hank González, president of banking and financial services company Grupo Financiero Banorte, vice-president of corn flour and tortilla multinational Gruma and CEO of the conglomerate Grupo Hermes.
• Daniel Chávez, CEO of Grupo Vidanta, a hotel and resort conglomerate.
• Miguel Rincón, CEO of paper company Bio-Pappel.
• Sergio Gutiérrez, CEO of metal supply company DeAcero.
• Miguel Alemán Magnani, executive president of the airline Interjet and son of the ex-president Miguel Alemán Velasco.
more recommended stories
“Yucatan is an exceptional state when it comes to public safety” (Federal Secretary of Security and Citizen Protection)
“Yucatan is an exceptional state when.
Does Tulum really need a new one thousand-room hotel?
New “Hotel Internacional” in Tulum will.
American Expats say money they had at Monex is gone and the bank isn’t helping them
In late December, Kathy Machir called.
25 countries confirmed to attend “Sargasso Summit” in Cancun
Cancún, Quintana Roo – 25 countries.
Facebook takes down billions of fake accounts
Facebook took down 2.2 billion fake.
Trump orders intel agencies to assist with review of “Russia probe”
Looks like “investigating the investigators” has.
British Prime Minister Theresa May announces resignation
“I tried three times. I believe.
Governor Mauricio Vila Dosal supervises maintenance works on the Mérida-Progreso highway
Governor Mauricio Vila Dosal supervised the.
The “Pueblos Mágicos” program will once again receive government funding
Zacatecas, Mexico – At a tourism fair.
‘Hot Sale’ offers online deals & discounts in Mexico (May 27-31)
From May 27-31, 2019, some of.