As published by Mexico News Daily, President-elect López Obrador reached out to the business community yesterday, naming eight businessmen to a new business advisory council.
In a video message published on social media, López Obrador said the idea to create the council came from the business sector.
It will be coordinated by the future president’s chief of staff, Alfonso Romo, who is a business tycoon himself.
López Obrador stressed that Mexico will need public, private and foreign investment to achieve the 4% annual economic growth he is targeting.
“We need the support of the business sector so that there is investment, so that jobs are created. I assure you that there is no reason for concern because I know very well what has to be done to help the most humble and poorest people,” he said.
The businessmen who will join the advisory council “want to help me, want to give me their points of view, their visions,” López Obrador added.
Creation of the group was welcomed by members of the private sector, including the president of the influential Business Coordinating Council (CCE).
The members of the new council are:
• Ricardo Salinas Pliego, founder and chairman of Grupo Salinas, a conglomerate that includes Banco Azteca, TV Azteca and Elektra.
• Bernardo Gómez, executive co-president of broadcaster Televisa.
• Olegario Vázquez Aldir, CEO of Grupo Empresarial Ángeles, a conglomerate that includes Imagen TV and Imagen Radio, the newspaper Excélsior and Hospitales Ángeles.
• Carlos Hank González, president of banking and financial services company Grupo Financiero Banorte, vice-president of corn flour and tortilla multinational Gruma and CEO of the conglomerate Grupo Hermes.
• Daniel Chávez, CEO of Grupo Vidanta, a hotel and resort conglomerate.
• Miguel Rincón, CEO of paper company Bio-Pappel.
• Sergio Gutiérrez, CEO of metal supply company DeAcero.
• Miguel Alemán Magnani, executive president of the airline Interjet and son of the ex-president Miguel Alemán Velasco.
more recommended stories
“You will be captured”. Yucatan Chief of Police
The Ministry of Public Security of.
Historic Canadian investment for Southern Quintana Roo
TORONTO (CGC).– Quintana Roo´s governor Carlos.
Mexico’s National Guard unanimously approved by Senate (it won’t be military-led)
(Reuters) – On Thursday February 21st,.
Mexico’s national anthem to be sang in Maya language
As part of a select group,.
As usually for the last 30 years, Cancun will draw thousands of college students for “Spring Break 2019”
College students all over the US and.
AAA Adds Five Hotels in Mexico to Five Diamond List (two of them in the Yucatan Peninsula)
AAA has released its annual list of.
Yucatan Symphony Orchestra celebrates 15 years
The Yucatan Symphony Orchestra (OSY) will.
Municipal government began installing cultural-sites signage along Mérida’s downtown
With an investment of 170,000 pesos,.
19-year-old girl missing in Mérida finally found safe and sound
A 19-year-old girl left her home.
Several Reasons to Use Quotes in Your Presentation
A well-chosen quote can set a.