As published by Mexico News Daily, President-elect López Obrador reached out to the business community yesterday, naming eight businessmen to a new business advisory council.
In a video message published on social media, López Obrador said the idea to create the council came from the business sector.
It will be coordinated by the future president’s chief of staff, Alfonso Romo, who is a business tycoon himself.
López Obrador stressed that Mexico will need public, private and foreign investment to achieve the 4% annual economic growth he is targeting.
“We need the support of the business sector so that there is investment, so that jobs are created. I assure you that there is no reason for concern because I know very well what has to be done to help the most humble and poorest people,” he said.
The businessmen who will join the advisory council “want to help me, want to give me their points of view, their visions,” López Obrador added.
Creation of the group was welcomed by members of the private sector, including the president of the influential Business Coordinating Council (CCE).
The members of the new council are:
• Ricardo Salinas Pliego, founder and chairman of Grupo Salinas, a conglomerate that includes Banco Azteca, TV Azteca and Elektra.
• Bernardo Gómez, executive co-president of broadcaster Televisa.
• Olegario Vázquez Aldir, CEO of Grupo Empresarial Ángeles, a conglomerate that includes Imagen TV and Imagen Radio, the newspaper Excélsior and Hospitales Ángeles.
• Carlos Hank González, president of banking and financial services company Grupo Financiero Banorte, vice-president of corn flour and tortilla multinational Gruma and CEO of the conglomerate Grupo Hermes.
• Daniel Chávez, CEO of Grupo Vidanta, a hotel and resort conglomerate.
• Miguel Rincón, CEO of paper company Bio-Pappel.
• Sergio Gutiérrez, CEO of metal supply company DeAcero.
• Miguel Alemán Magnani, executive president of the airline Interjet and son of the ex-president Miguel Alemán Velasco.
more recommended stories
Battle between the US & Mexico over the US Dolphin Safe label comes to an end
More than a decade since Mexico.
Mexico will host international Solar Power Fair in 2019
Mexico will host one of the.
Fentanyl lab busted in Mexico City
The Attorney General’s Office (PGR) has.
Man faces 30 years in prison for stabbing his wife in Merida
Erick. G.L was arrested for the.
2018: the year the migration crisis swept the Americas and reached the doorstep of the U.S
Mexico City (AFP) – From the.
Photographs of dogs waiting for homeless owner outside hospital go viral
The scene took place in a.
Natgas shortage in Yucatán to continue – business leaders
According to bnamericas.com, Mexico’s Yucatán peninsula.
OPINION: The future of real estate in the new sexennium
On the last day of his.
Become a Non-Resident of Canada for Tax Purposes
Canadians residing in Mexico full time.
Austrian Symphony Orchestra will arrive in Yucatan in 2019
The University of Graz-Austria Symphony Orchestra.