Cancun Travel Mart, one of Mexico’s largest tourism trade shows, culminated its 31st edition last week. Nearly 100 stands comprised of tourism providers, suppliers, and hotels from the Mexican Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, and the United States drew thousands to the convention, concluding a destination-wide week of new property openings and announcements. Here are the top five happenings from the event:
- Cancun announced a four-percent increase in tourism thus far in 2018 compared to the same period last year.
- Travel Mart generated 3,500 business meetings and $35 million in expected sales.
- AMResorts announced its seventh hospitality brand, Reflect Resorts & Spas, in partnership with Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe. Reflect Resorts & Spas will be a mid-range brand housing all-inclusive luxury for couples, families, and groups in Mexico’s most popular destinations, beginning with three properties in Cancun, Los Cabos, and Nuevo Vallarta. AMResorts and Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe also announced new properties across its portfolio, including Sunscape Star and Now Natura Riviera in Cancun in 2019, and Secrets Marina Resort & Spa in Puerto Morelos by late 2020.
- Haven Riviera Cancun held its grand opening October 9, debuting an adults-only property which has 24-hour all-inclusive service, swim-out suites and daily live musical performances.
- New direct flights from Istanbul and Brazil will increase international airlift to Cancun, further connecting the Latin American, Asian and Middle Eastern markets to the destination.
For more information, visit http://cancuntravelmart.com/
more recommended stories
Demand for solar energy duplicates in Yucatán
Sustainable energy through solar panels, is.
Naked, bruised and battered a woman runs to avoid being raped in eastern Mérida
“He grabbed me and threw me.
AMLO in Mérida to discuss “Tren Maya” project with governors and government secretaries
At 9 am on Monday, November.
Brother of the North Mérida agressor threatens victim’s relative with death
The profound indignation that the attack.
Homeless individual “caught with his pants down” on the international dock of Progreso
Julio César Junco Chablé “could not.
Stan Lee, creator of legendary Marvel comic book superheroes, dies at 95
Stan Lee, the godfather of Marvel.
AMLO will turn 65 on Tuesday November 13, 2018
Sixty-five years ago, Andrés Manuel López.
Three million Venezuelans have fled economic and political crisis in their homeland
(Reuters) – Three million Venezuelans have.
Mexico’s Supreme Court deemed the country’s marijuana prohibition law unconstitutional
Mexico’s Supreme Court on Wednesday deemed.
Mexican airports report passenger traffic increase of 10.3% in October
GUADALAJARA, JALISCO, MEXICO / ACCESSWIRE /.