Cancun Travel Mart, one of Mexico’s largest tourism trade shows, culminated its 31st edition last week. Nearly 100 stands comprised of tourism providers, suppliers, and hotels from the Mexican Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, and the United States drew thousands to the convention, concluding a destination-wide week of new property openings and announcements. Here are the top five happenings from the event:
- Cancun announced a four-percent increase in tourism thus far in 2018 compared to the same period last year.
- Travel Mart generated 3,500 business meetings and $35 million in expected sales.
- AMResorts announced its seventh hospitality brand, Reflect Resorts & Spas, in partnership with Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe. Reflect Resorts & Spas will be a mid-range brand housing all-inclusive luxury for couples, families, and groups in Mexico’s most popular destinations, beginning with three properties in Cancun, Los Cabos, and Nuevo Vallarta. AMResorts and Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe also announced new properties across its portfolio, including Sunscape Star and Now Natura Riviera in Cancun in 2019, and Secrets Marina Resort & Spa in Puerto Morelos by late 2020.
- Haven Riviera Cancun held its grand opening October 9, debuting an adults-only property which has 24-hour all-inclusive service, swim-out suites and daily live musical performances.
- New direct flights from Istanbul and Brazil will increase international airlift to Cancun, further connecting the Latin American, Asian and Middle Eastern markets to the destination.
For more information, visit http://cancuntravelmart.com/
more recommended stories
Is it viable or necessary to relocate the Mérida Airport?
Back in November 2018, the former.
Same-sex marriage rejected by the Yucatan Congress… again!
With 15 votes against and 9.
Thousands of acres consumed by fire at the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve
An area of 2,500 hectares (6,000.
Grupo Mexico spills 3,000 liters of sulfuric acid into the Sea of Cortez
A few days ago it was.
Whale skeleton one of the new attractions of the International Malecon de Progreso
The restored skeleton of a grey.
Mexico is slipping toward a recession: WSJ
MEXICO CITY—According to the WSJ, Mexico.
Protest against Trump´s migration policies in Merida
U.S. citizens protest in front of.
Trump´s racist attack against progressive Democratic congresswomen
Washington (CNN) Once again, Donald Trump.
Man dies after being infected with flesh-eating bacteria
A Tennessee man died this week.
Border officials to start sharing data about U.S., Canadian travellers
Border agents will be able to.