Cancun Travel Mart, one of Mexico’s largest tourism trade shows, culminated its 31st edition last week. Nearly 100 stands comprised of tourism providers, suppliers, and hotels from the Mexican Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, and the United States drew thousands to the convention, concluding a destination-wide week of new property openings and announcements. Here are the top five happenings from the event:
- Cancun announced a four-percent increase in tourism thus far in 2018 compared to the same period last year.
- Travel Mart generated 3,500 business meetings and $35 million in expected sales.
- AMResorts announced its seventh hospitality brand, Reflect Resorts & Spas, in partnership with Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe. Reflect Resorts & Spas will be a mid-range brand housing all-inclusive luxury for couples, families, and groups in Mexico’s most popular destinations, beginning with three properties in Cancun, Los Cabos, and Nuevo Vallarta. AMResorts and Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe also announced new properties across its portfolio, including Sunscape Star and Now Natura Riviera in Cancun in 2019, and Secrets Marina Resort & Spa in Puerto Morelos by late 2020.
- Haven Riviera Cancun held its grand opening October 9, debuting an adults-only property which has 24-hour all-inclusive service, swim-out suites and daily live musical performances.
- New direct flights from Istanbul and Brazil will increase international airlift to Cancun, further connecting the Latin American, Asian and Middle Eastern markets to the destination.
For more information, visit http://cancuntravelmart.com/
more recommended stories
Cozumel welcomes “Symphony of the seas” the largest cruise ship in the world
With the arrival of the largest.
United Nations recognizes Merida as the best city to live in Mexico
Merida, Yucatan, heads the index of.
Yucatan String Quartet 2018-2019 Season kicks off Thursday Nov. 15
The non-profit organization, Yucatan String Quartet.
Even the State Government will join Tuesday November 13’s one-hour blackout in Mérida
The Government of the State will.
Quintana Roo’s Maya Ka’an still not able to take off as a self-sufficient, sustainable tourist destination
“Maya Ka’an, as a tourist destination,.
Fishermen of Progreso demand more surveillance against piracy
After the robbery committed in recent.
First ever artistic pedestrian crossing was painted in Mérida
In a joint effort between the.
Demand for solar energy duplicates in Yucatán
Sustainable energy through solar panels, is.
Naked, bruised and battered a woman runs to avoid being raped in eastern Mérida
“He grabbed me and threw me.
AMLO in Mérida to discuss “Tren Maya” project with governors and government secretaries
At 9 am on Monday, November.