The study carried out by the Autonomous University of Yucatan (UADY) in collaboration with the Universidad del Poniente (UP) and the Universidad Tecnológica Metropolitana (UTM), revealed the potential for the Premium tourism sector in terms of lodging in boutique hotels, haciendas and Grand Tourism Class hotels, which represents a large economic revenue of 12 or 20,000 pesos per night, generated mainly by wealthy foreign visitors who have more purchasing power than an average tourist.
Similarly noted the disparity in the spending of tourists who come to Yucatan is considerable, because while foreign visitors spend up to 10,500 pesos a day, national visitors spend between 1,500 and 3,500 pesos a day, revealed a study of the Yucatan Tourist Observatory conducted by the Autonomous University of Yucatan (UADY) in collaboration with the Universidad del Poniente and the Universidad Tecnológica Metropolitana (UTM).
The same study, which was applied to 1,200 tourists who visited the state, indicates that the largest number of tourists that arrived in Yucatán are Mexicans, 77 percent, and the remaining 23 percent arrived from countries such as France, Germany, Canada , Spain and the United States.
This survey showed that there is a great disparity in the monthly income of foreign and Mexican visitors, since the former reported an average of 75,000 pesos per month while nationals earn from 15,000 to 20,000 pesos a month.
Talking about convention tourism, the survey says that 10%, of the national convention attendees have a monthly income between 2, 500 and 7,500 pesos; 14.2% of them earn between 12,500 and 20,000 pesos; 14.8% make more than 40,000 pesos a month (the rest 55% did not want to reveal their salary).
In addition, the survey determined that executives, managers or medium-high businessmen who attend conventions in Mërida, leave an average expenditure on their 2 to 3 day stay of $19, 575 pesos, while a medium employee leaves $11,680 pesos in average.
more recommended stories
Governor says Quintana Roo is at “imminent risk” of lockdown
MEXICO CITY (AP) — According to.
State Government and Fundación Azteca join forces to promote the talent of Yucatecan youth
Mèrida, Yucatàn, (May 14, 2021).- Secondary.
SpaceX will set up ground stations within Google’s data centers that connect to the Starlink satellites
Google has won a deal to provide.
Israeli tanks to invade Gaza on a potential ground offensive maneuver
Israeli artillery pounded northern Gaza early.
Yucatecan woman arrested for raping a minor in Tahdziú
Tahdziú, Yucatán, (May 14, 2021).- At the.
Citizens denounce bad attention and deterioration at IMSS facilities in Mérida
Merida Yucatan, (May 14, 2021).- The facilities.
Residents “kidnap” CFE employees for lack of electricity in Solidaridad
Solidaridad, Quintana Roo, May 14, 2021,.
General hospital of Playa del Carmen registers an increase in Covid cases
Playa del Carmen, QRoo, May 14,.
Former President Felipe Calderón visits Mérida to campaign with Cecilia Patron
Mérida, Yucatàn, (May 14, 2021).- The.
On Saturday, May 15th, social events will resume in Mérida and the rest of the state
Mèrida, Yucatàn, May 14, 2021 (YUCATÀN).-.