Breweries and beer-lovers all over the world are celebrating International Beer Day. The annual event, which was founded in 2007 by beer enthusiast Jesse Avshalomov, takes place on the first Friday of every August.
Avshalomov and some of his friends organized the event to celebrate and give thanks to beer, one of the oldest favorite man-made drinks around.
The event’s purpose is to “gather with friends and enjoy the deliciousness that is beer,” according to IBD’s website. It also celebrates beer makers and servers.
International Beer Day is a global celebration of beer, taking place in pubs, breweries, and backyards all over the world. It’s a day for beer lovers everywhere to raise a toast to our brewers and bartenders and rejoice in the greatness of beer!
- International Beer Day takes place annually on the first Friday in August
- First celebrated in August 2008
- August was chosen for its summer weather and distance from other beer celebrations
- Celebrated in over 200 cities globally
The purpose of IBD is threefold:
- To gather with friends and enjoy the deliciousness that is beer.
- To celebrate the dedicated men and women who brew and serve our beer.
- To bring the world together by celebrating the beers of all nations and cultures on this one remarkable day.
more recommended stories
Yucatan is searching for “Miss Earth 2019”
“Miss Earth Yucatan 2019 is a.
Celestún, love at first sight
Whoever rejects the hypothesis of love.
Scientists say the Maya Kept Jaguar Zoos for Centuries
A chemical analysis of excavated bones.
Mexico forced to ask for help from the UN Refugee Office before imminent Honduran caravan
Mexico says it will ask the.
Marijuana stocks to watch: Canopy Growth is the cannabis business’s $4 billion gorilla
The following article is part of.
Riviera Maya among the top 6 honeymoon destinations around the world
Couples narrowing down their honeymoon destination.
How Our Search for an Overseas Retirement Spot Surprised Even Us
When I retired about two years.
AMLO will provide working visas to Central Americans immigrants
Andrés Manuel López Obrador, said his.
Trump Threatens To Order Military To ‘Close Our Southern Border’
President Donald Trump on Thursday October.
October 17 will be remembered in Canada as the day when Cannabis was legalized
Canada became the first industrialized nation.