The Board of the Cultural and Tourist Units of the State (Cultur) expects that more than 700,000 people will visit the different archaeological zones and tourist paradores that Yucatán has during the July and August vacation period.
Data from the Visitor Statistics System of the National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH), detail that in May, 275,950 people visited Merida, and of these 97.8% (that is, 269,876), went to archaeological sites; Meanwhile, the remaining 2.2%, 6,074 people, toured the museums.
Out of those 275 thousand, 41.68%, 115,027 visitors were national and 58.35 %, 160,923, foreigners.
The largest number of visitors, 207,971, or 77.6%, visited the archaeological site of Chichen Itza. In this regard, it was stated that from January to June, 132 performances of the light and sound show “Las Noches de Kukulkán” were offered in the archaeological zone of Chichén Itzá, with an influx of 24,473 people.
The state agency reported that the light and sound show featured at the archaeological site of Uxmal, has presented 154 functions to date, with the assistance of 22,097 people.
more recommended stories
Sunset over the sea gathers 2 thousand people at Progreso’s fiscal dock
The return of “Sunsets over the.
AMLO says his “military airline” will be ready by the end of 2023, almost at the same time as the Maya Train
Almost at the same time as.
Yucatan gymnasts seek economic support to represent Mexico in Dubai
Seven Yucatecan gymnasts are seeking support.
Merida is awarded in the 7th edition of the ICLEI Award for Sustainable Local Government 2022
The good practices and public policies.
Flight from Tuxtla Gutierrez to Cancun delayed six hours by a passenger: he did not want to pay for extra luggage
A Viva Aerobus plane that was.
Heavy fire caused alert on the Merida-Progreso Highway
A strong fire caused an alert.
So far this year, five men have been diagnosed with breast cancer in Yucatan
So far this year, five men.
Governor Mauricio Vila Dosal and President Andrés Manuel López Obrador review progress on strategic projects for Yucatán
During the 12th work meeting held.
Mexican artists make a call to combat hate speech towards migrants at FIL
Empathy and criticism of official speeches.
Man executed in Rancho Viejo area in Cancun
A man of approximately 30 years.