A snake more than three meters long (ten feet), fell on top of Irma Tziú’s hammock on Tuesday May 29 around 11 pm, in her home located on Calle 39 between 25 and 27 in downtown Peto, Yucatán.
The woman was lying in her hammock hanging in the corridor of her house, while waiting for her children to finish dinner when, suddenly, she saw a big object falling from the ceiling, and great was her surprise to see that it was a huge snake, so she rose from her hammock, and ran away from the place.
Her children were also frightened to see the reptile and, with the help of next-door neighbors, they managed to get the animal entangled in a wooden stick, and they dragged it out to the street.
Minutes later a patrol car of the Municipal Police arrived at the property, to help the family, who had called the emergency number 911 to make the report.
Residents helped the police officers to put the snake inside unit 1137 of the Muncipal Police, under the command of Walter Góngora.
The officers released the animal in the jungle of the Comisaría de Papacal.
Locals pointed out that this is the first time they see a snake that big inside a house, and although it was a Boa Constrictor, which is not a poisonous species, it certainly did scare them a lot.
Leave a Comment