According to Anuar Arceo, vice president of Latin America of the Mexican Business Council for Foreign Trade, Investment and Technology, A.C (Comce), Cuba is a potential market for business and trade with the state of Yucatan.
The official assured that there are many sectors and economic branches in which both regions can trade, both in sale and in the acquisition of merchandise, but in order to convert, it is necessary to “search” for those opportunities.
Yucatan, he said, is distinguished by being the only Mexican state whose governor has gone to meet with businessmen in that Caribbean nation and that gives “plus” to the relationship with Cuba.
He highlighted that Cuba imports 97% of the products the country needs, as it produces almost nothing, and the remaining 3% is manufactured in the domestic market.
“One of the problems faced with the Caribbean island is the method of payment; there are first-tier banks that buy the letters of credit and in Cuba we work with two of them: the Republic Bank of Trinidad and Tobago and the Golden Tulip of the Netherlands, and these banks are in the Business Center of Cuba,” Anuar Arceo said.
He pointed out that there is a special norm for acquiring letters of credit, that’s why those interested in doing business there are asked to go to the chambers of commerce, the consulate or the people who have done business before so they can guide them on how to sell and how to get a letter of credit, and how to make payments through the aforementioned banks.
The official said that the Food Fair had just concluded and only one Yucatecan company attended, which made contracts with Meliá and Iberostar for the supply of fruits and vegetables grown in the Yucatan.
“We hope that at the next fair, in November, whoever wins the election will maintain a good relationship with Cuba, and still provide the great support that the Secretariat of Economic Promotion has given us until now,” he concluded.
more recommended stories
Protesters show up at informative public meeting regarding the Maya Train Project in Mérida
On Friday, May 13th, civil groups,.
Renán Barrera seeks to attract projects from countries members of the European Community
“The best way to promote economic.
Homicides and extortions unstoppable in Acapulco, Mexico
With information from Alina Navarrete Fernández/Correspondent / Latinus.
Tragedy in Tixpéhual, Yucatan; once again a young man takes his own life in this town
On Wednesday, May 11th, a 24-year-old.
Yucatan is present at the Binational Summit of Prosecutors in the United States
The flow of illicit merchandise, human.
Moisés Poot Tun is the pride of Hunucmá!
Shoes, bags, key rings, belts, earrings,.
Yucatecan mother demands her son to be transferred due to constant school bullying
Mother denounces bullying in Kinchil elementary.
Yucatan prepares for the start of the hurricane season
The facilities of the Ninth Military.
Ladder found while cleaning the bottom of the famous Zací cenote in Valladolid
The famous Zací cenote in Valladolid,.
Progreso, Yucatan will have a floating water park in front of the International Malecón
Very soon Progreso will have a.