Yucatán has reported an increase in the number of visitors to the archaeological zones and museums in custody of the National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH), fact that is relevant considering that during 2017 was registered a record attendance in the 17 main Maya archaeological sites in the state.
In the first four months of thies year, more than 1,300,000 tourists had visited these sites.
According to the statistics of the access tickets that the INAH handled in 2017, a total of 3,641,251 people visited the different cultural centers during the year, of which 96.61% (3,517, 959 people), visited the archaeological zones, while the remaining 3.39% (123, 292), visited galleries and museums.
The most visited museum in the state is the Regional Museum of Anthropology “Palacio Canton” located on the corner of Paseo de Montejo and Calle 45, which received 110, 734 tourists in 2016, and 120,478 in 2017.
According to the INAH statistics, this year, just during the first four months, a total of 1, 324, 389 tourists have arrived to the archaeological sites of Yucatan. 300,000 more compared to the same period last year, representing an increase of 25%.
During 2017, from January to April, 995, 537 visitors were registered, 7 of each ten of them went to the archaeological zone of Chichén Itzá, followed by Uxmal, Ek Balam, Dzibilchaltún with the Museum of the Mayan People, Kabah and Loltún.
- January 2017.- 291, 241 visitors
- January 2018.- 370,610
- February 2017.- 232 ,872 visitors
- February 2018.- 282, 396
- March 2017.- 371,299 visitors
- March 2018.- 348,435
- April 2017.- 332,997 visitors
- April 2018.- 322,948
- First four months in 2017: 995,537
- First four months in 2018: 1,324,389, representing an increase of 25%.
more recommended stories
President Joe Biden warns Vladimir Putin of consequences in case of a Russian invasion of Ukraine
WASHINGTON — President Biden warned Russian.
Former President Felipe Calderón accuses AMLO of “Fake News”
MEXICO, (December 07, 2021).- The former.
Environmentalists call to report animal abuse in Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche
They have registered up to six.
Traditional ‘Burning of the Old Man’ will be prohibited this New Year’s Eve in Progreso
Traditional end-of-year activity will be prohibited.
Yucatecan tour operators reinforce security measures to receive cruise passengers
Expectations for 2022 are positive, but.
Geminid meteor shower will coincide with comet Leonard in Yucatan
Starting on December 12th, the sky.
The Electric Reform has nothing to do with ideology, says Rocío Nahle
Before senators, the Energy Secretary, Rocío.
More than 100 Haitian migrants arrive in Campeche
San Francisco de Campeche, (December 07,.
Flunked! UN Committee condemns Mexico in combating forced disappearance
They deliver a preliminary report on.
Tenants of Municipal Markets of Mérida have all Christmas items in clearance
Mérida, Yucatán, (December 07, 2021).- In.