A list of the typical food of the Yucatan was presented by Gastronomía: Atlas Cultural de México, 1988, an extensive work by various authors published by the National Institute of Anthropology and History in Mexico City.
Here we share some of the most representative Yucatecan dishes tht made the list:
TRADITIONAL DISHES YOU CAN’T MISS
- Panucho — corn tortillas stuffed with bean paste and fried, then garnished in various ways, particularly with chicken breast and marinated onion strips
- Pollo Ticul — chicken prepared much in the same way as the above, with annatto paste, orange and banana leaves, but also bell pepper, garlic and onions
- Pescado Tikin-Xic — grouper fish prepared with annatto paste and baked in banana leaves.
- Papadzules — small “egg tacos” on a tortilla smothered in tomato sauce and sprinkled generously with toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Pipián — a kind of custard
- Atropellado de coco — coconut, sweet potato, sugar and cinnamon whipped into a paste
- Horchata — made with rice, cinnamon, ground almonds and sugar, served with ice
- Tanchucuá — made of sweetcorn, chocolate, allspice and sugar
- Xtabentún — Anís liquor from fermented honey
To read all the recommendations of Yucatan and other Mexican Mercados, visit the website backyardnature.net
more recommended stories
Maya craftsman receives support from the British Museum to create pigment
Luis May found the plant that.
Citizens and family march to demand justice for the alleged femicide of Arlette
Mérida, Yucatán, (May 17, 2021).- Friends,.
Tourism promotes the sale of typical clothing in the Yucatan Peninsula
The sale of typical clothing has.
American tourist found dead in a hotel room in Playa del Carmen
His companions tried to wake him.
Yucatán will have to regulate vertical real estate growth: AMPI
Due to the migration of people.
Playa del Carmen will host the National Congress of Speleology
The event will take place from.
Cancun teen is accepted into NASA’s International Air and Space Program
Student from Cancun makes notebooks to.
Merida municipal government will promote the Maya culture
Mérida, Yucatán, (May 17, 2021).- “In.
Teacher’s vaccination campaign to begin in Yucatan on Tuesday, May 18th
Mérida, Yucatán, (May 17, 2021).- Active.
Central Americans returned to Mexico are targets for abuse and violence
REYNOSA, Mexico — Thousands of migrants.