MEL is a not-for-profit organization offering a variety of cultural, educational, informational and social programs, services and events to the English-speaking community in the Yucatán.
The Merida English Library has a host of ongoing programs for their members and non-members alike. Find out more about them by going to the website (meridaenglishlibrary.com) and clicking on each program.
Calle 53 #524 (x 66 y 68) Centro
Mérida, Yucatán, 97000
- Conversaciones con Amigos – Monday night conversations for practicing new languages.
- Lecture Series – Weekly lectures on subjects of interest
- MEL Nights – Monthly social event to meet other members and Merida residents
- Wine Tasting – Monthly wine tasting evenings and house tours
- House and Garden Tours – Weekly tours of Merida’s homes and gardens (November – March)
- Artist Studio Tours – Annual self-guided tour of the studios of local artists
- One World/Two Languages – Partnership with UADY that pairs college students with English speaking host families for a semester of cultural and language exchange.
- Saturday Storytime – Weekly stories and activities for kids of all ages and their families
- Reading Tuesdays – Monthly gathering for local writers to meet, share their work, sell their books, and hear featured guest speakers.
For more information, go to meridaenglishlibrary.com
more recommended stories
Mauricio Vila Dosal declares in an interview that he wants to run for the presidency
Mauricio Vila Dosal, governor of Yucatan,.
$35 million more will be invested in the Chetumal Industrial Park
The resources will be used for.
American Rock Band Guns N’ Roses confirm concert in Merida on October 15th
The band confirmed their visit with.
A wide array of activities this weekend as part of the 151 anniversary of Progreso
Mayor Julián Zacarías Curi invites all.
AMLO inaugurates oil refinery although it’s not yet operational
Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.
Bonnie, the new tropical storm in the Atlantic is taking a weird route
The Atlantic hurricane season’s second named.
US Attorney says that Texan women could start traveling to Mexico for abortions
A US immigration attorney said advocacy.
Evacuation of Plaza Fiesta due to the explosion of a gas tank
On Friday, July 1st, around 2.
Merida will have the first Public Veterinary Hospital in all of Southeast Mexico
Governor Mauricio Vila Dosal and Mayor.
Yucatan is consolidated as one of the states with the largest number of employment sources
Yucatan continues to advance in the.