MEL is a not-for-profit organization offering a variety of cultural, educational, informational and social programs, services and events to the English-speaking community in the Yucatán.
The Merida English Library has a host of ongoing programs for their members and non-members alike. Find out more about them by going to the website (meridaenglishlibrary.com) and clicking on each program.
Calle 53 #524 (x 66 y 68) Centro
Mérida, Yucatán, 97000
- Conversaciones con Amigos – Monday night conversations for practicing new languages.
- Lecture Series – Weekly lectures on subjects of interest
- MEL Nights – Monthly social event to meet other members and Merida residents
- Wine Tasting – Monthly wine tasting evenings and house tours
- House and Garden Tours – Weekly tours of Merida’s homes and gardens (November – March)
- Artist Studio Tours – Annual self-guided tour of the studios of local artists
- One World/Two Languages – Partnership with UADY that pairs college students with English speaking host families for a semester of cultural and language exchange.
- Saturday Storytime – Weekly stories and activities for kids of all ages and their families
- Reading Tuesdays – Monthly gathering for local writers to meet, share their work, sell their books, and hear featured guest speakers.
For more information, go to meridaenglishlibrary.com
more recommended stories
Archaeological site of ‘Flor de Mayo’ in Kanasín, Yucatán to be restored by INAH
The National Institute of Anthropology and.
Cozumel welcomes “Symphony of the seas” the largest cruise ship in the world
With the arrival of the largest.
United Nations recognizes Merida as the best city to live in Mexico
Merida, Yucatan, heads the index of.
Yucatan String Quartet 2018-2019 Season kicks off Thursday Nov. 15
The non-profit organization, Yucatan String Quartet.
Even the State Government will join Tuesday November 13’s one-hour blackout in Mérida
The Government of the State will.
Quintana Roo’s Maya Ka’an still not able to take off as a self-sufficient, sustainable tourist destination
“Maya Ka’an, as a tourist destination,.
Fishermen of Progreso demand more surveillance against piracy
After the robbery committed in recent.
First ever artistic pedestrian crossing was painted in Mérida
In a joint effort between the.
Demand for solar energy duplicates in Yucatán
Sustainable energy through solar panels, is.
Naked, bruised and battered a woman runs to avoid being raped in eastern Mérida
“He grabbed me and threw me.