MEL is a not-for-profit organization offering a variety of cultural, educational, informational and social programs, services and events to the English-speaking community in the Yucatán.
The Merida English Library has a host of ongoing programs for their members and non-members alike. Find out more about them by going to the website (meridaenglishlibrary.com) and clicking on each program.
Calle 53 #524 (x 66 y 68) Centro
Mérida, Yucatán, 97000
- Conversaciones con Amigos – Monday night conversations for practicing new languages.
- Lecture Series – Weekly lectures on subjects of interest
- MEL Nights – Monthly social event to meet other members and Merida residents
- Wine Tasting – Monthly wine tasting evenings and house tours
- House and Garden Tours – Weekly tours of Merida’s homes and gardens (November – March)
- Artist Studio Tours – Annual self-guided tour of the studios of local artists
- One World/Two Languages – Partnership with UADY that pairs college students with English speaking host families for a semester of cultural and language exchange.
- Saturday Storytime – Weekly stories and activities for kids of all ages and their families
- Reading Tuesdays – Monthly gathering for local writers to meet, share their work, sell their books, and hear featured guest speakers.
For more information, go to meridaenglishlibrary.com
more recommended stories
Catholic Church admits cases of sexual abuse against minors in Campeche
There are three pending cases in.
Amanhá Residential Resort takes a step into the future at the Yucatán Country Club
Mérida, Yucatán, (October 18, 2021).- Inmobilia.
UADY Rector confirms COVID-19 cases in students and teachers
Mérida, Yucatán, (October 18, 2021).- The.
Mauricio Vila visits Seville, Spain, one of the best cities in the world for cyclists and pedestrians
Mérida, Yucatán, (October 18, 2021).- In.
When will the land borders with Mexico and Canada be re-opening?
New travel rules will take effect for.
INE says 2.85 million signatures needed to open presidential recall referendum
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – Mexico’s national.
What travelers need to know before the new US travel system on Nov. 8
The United States is about to.
Thousands of people in El Salvador join protests against the Bukele government
Thousands of people in El Salvador.
AMLO tells WHO to act without “ideology” on certifying COVID-19 vaccines
Mexico’s President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.
Autonomous University of Yucatán stands out among the best institutions in México
Rankings highlight the Autonomous University of.