MEL is a not-for-profit organization offering a variety of cultural, educational, informational and social programs, services and events to the English-speaking community in the Yucatán.
The Merida English Library has a host of ongoing programs for their members and non-members alike. Find out more about them by going to the website (meridaenglishlibrary.com) and clicking on each program.
Calle 53 #524 (x 66 y 68) Centro
Mérida, Yucatán, 97000
- Conversaciones con Amigos – Monday night conversations for practicing new languages.
- Lecture Series – Weekly lectures on subjects of interest
- MEL Nights – Monthly social event to meet other members and Merida residents
- Wine Tasting – Monthly wine tasting evenings and house tours
- House and Garden Tours – Weekly tours of Merida’s homes and gardens (November – March)
- Artist Studio Tours – Annual self-guided tour of the studios of local artists
- One World/Two Languages – Partnership with UADY that pairs college students with English speaking host families for a semester of cultural and language exchange.
- Saturday Storytime – Weekly stories and activities for kids of all ages and their families
- Reading Tuesdays – Monthly gathering for local writers to meet, share their work, sell their books, and hear featured guest speakers.
For more information, go to meridaenglishlibrary.com
more recommended stories
“Chief Saidén is not going anywhere” (Mauricio Vila Dosal)
In relation to the rumors and.
Museo de la Luz (Museum of Light) breaks ground in Mérida’s La Plancha
On Tuesday May 21st, the National.
Coqui Coqui Perfumery: fragrances and scents from around the world
It all began when Argentina-born model Nicolas.
Tips on how to get a girl hooked
These days, the issue of loneliness.
Cuba still welcomes American tourists despite Trump restrictions
VARADERO, Cuba (AP) — The battle.
Guatemalan teen dies at Border Patrol station, 5th minor to die in US custody in 6 months
PHOENIX – A 16-year-old boy diagnosed.
Cruise the ocean with gourmet food, craft cocktails and the best of the digital world
PORT OF SAN FRANCISCO — We’re.
Come to the Yucatan…
Standing barefoot on a wooden jetty.
Is the State Secretary of Public Security on his way out?
According to an unofficial source close.
Real estate “Boom” would raise the population of Mérida to two million before 2030
“The city of Mérida would increase.