MEL is a not-for-profit organization offering a variety of cultural, educational, informational and social programs, services and events to the English-speaking community in the Yucatán.
The Merida English Library has a host of ongoing programs for their members and non-members alike. Find out more about them by going to the website (meridaenglishlibrary.com) and clicking on each program.
Calle 53 #524 (x 66 y 68) Centro
Mérida, Yucatán, 97000
- Conversaciones con Amigos – Monday night conversations for practicing new languages.
- Lecture Series – Weekly lectures on subjects of interest
- MEL Nights – Monthly social event to meet other members and Merida residents
- Wine Tasting – Monthly wine tasting evenings and house tours
- House and Garden Tours – Weekly tours of Merida’s homes and gardens (November – March)
- Artist Studio Tours – Annual self-guided tour of the studios of local artists
- One World/Two Languages – Partnership with UADY that pairs college students with English speaking host families for a semester of cultural and language exchange.
- Saturday Storytime – Weekly stories and activities for kids of all ages and their families
- Reading Tuesdays – Monthly gathering for local writers to meet, share their work, sell their books, and hear featured guest speakers.
For more information, go to meridaenglishlibrary.com
more recommended stories
Islas Marías… from prison to tourism – AMLO –
While some applaud the decision, others.
Progreso´s tragedy… The sad aftermath
PROGRESO YUCATAN.- Pedro Alfonso López Cabrera,.
Tycoons tell AMLO that unions are ‘extorting’ businesses
(Reuters) – A group representing some.
Merida to host the World Peace Nobel Prize Summit
Mexico City and Querétaro requested the.
AMLO says he will not ‘confront’ Catholic church over sexual abuse claims
(Reuters) – Mexican President Andres Manuel.
Water treatment plant shut down in Cielo Alto, Southern Mérida
“After causing damage to the environment,.
“Villaventura” Parque Vivo: Interactive farm to bring children closer to nature
The importance of the direct contact.
Yucatan seeks to reduce the number of suicides with prevention program
Yucatan doubles the national rate of.
Maya train features mixed investment: 10% government and 90% private initiative
The Maya Train project will be.
Progreso Beach and the mafia behind the Palapas
In an extensive investigation conducted by.