Home NewsCrime Iowa family found dead in Tulum Hotel

Iowa family found dead in Tulum Hotel

by Yucatan Times

The Creston Police Department told WHO-TV that four members of an Iowa family were missing in Mexico.  The family says in a Facebook post that they were supposed to return to the United States on a flight to St. Louis Missouri, on March 21, 2018.  They were supposed to go to a Southwest Community College basketball game in Danville, Illinois Thursday March 22, but they have not been heard from.

Ashli Peterson posted to Facebook  Thursday March 22 night.  She was asking for help to locate family members Kevin, Amy, Sterling, and Andrianna Sharp. She said the family left the US on March 15, bound for Tulum, Mexico. The family was last heard from that night, after they reported they had made it safely to their condo.

Ashli Peterson confirmed on her FB page that the Sharps were located dead in their Bahía Príncipe Condo, in Tulum, Quintana Roo (Facebook)

The four bodies of Kevin, Amy, Sterling, and Andrianna Sharp were found in advanced state of decomposition inside the PH1 condominium unit at Bahía Príncipe, Tulum, and local authorities declared that there was absolutely no foul play or signs of violence in the crime scene.

The two children were found in the living room and the adults inside one of the bedrooms. The hotel room was registered under the name of Kevin Sharp.

The Yucatan Times expresses its deepest condolences to family and friends.

TYT Newsroom

You may also like


Alex Coronel March 24, 2018 - 10:15 pm

If they have reservation for several days the hotel stuff they know when their customer they’re going to leave the hotel, if they notice their costumers they don’t check out,because something’s wrong,where was the housekeeping stuff definitely someone is not doing their job so where’s the alarm for the CO2 carbon monoxide someone is doing something about it? next time make sure when you’re on vacation check the place for a high quality standards of safety specially to Enjoy your vacation Because is unacceptable the case of this beautiful family feel very sorry for your lost. Our prayers for the rest of the family

John Norton March 26, 2018 - 9:37 am

They died to CO inhalation,Carbon Monoxide poisoning, same as setting in a vehicle with the windows open, the engine running, and the garage door closed. The reason of the CO is still being investagated. But the problem, there should have been CO testers in every room, to monitor the levels of the CO, and when the gas got to an unsafe level to alarm in the room and at the desk in the lobby.


Leave a Comment

Our Company

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect etur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis.


Laest News

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?
Update Required Flash plugin