IOWA FAMILY DIED OF “ASPHYXIATION FROM INHALATION OF TOXIC GAS” QUINTANA ROO PROSECUTOR.
The Quintana Roo government issued a press release on Saturday March 24, after coming under heavy criticism for not releasing the autopsy results on the four American tourists found dead in Tulum, stating the following:
– The family died from asphyxiation caused by inhaling toxic gases.
– There were no signs of violence or robbery.
– Studies are still being conducted to determine what substance killed the Sharps. Various samples have been sent to a lab in Mexico City, results are expected in the next ten days.
– The family had been dead for 36 to 48 hours when they were found at 3 am on Friday March 23.
– Suicide has been ruled out.
– The four bodies remain in the Playa del Carmen morgue – pending the arrival of family members.
– The prosecutor general also released photos (Below) of what appears to be an inspection of the unit in the Tao condominium development where the family was staying – (TAO is part of the Bahia Principe property near Tulum).
Source: Quintana Roo State Government press release