This is the sixth annual Artist Studio tour and is the largest one yet. This year there are 36 artists in 29 studios. Sculptors, painters, printmakers, photographers and more are represented on the tour.
The artists are a mix of local, national and international artists living and working in Merida. Many of our artists are represented in galleries and museums around the world, but the MEL Artist Studio Tour is the only time their studios are open to the public. The Artist Studio Tour allows you to spend quality time discussing the creative process with each artist and, if the mood strikes, pick up a piece for your home. You’ll find sculptors, painters, printmakers, photographers and more in this talented group.
Most of the studios are in Centro and are easily accessible on foot. The hours are longer this year to help you get the most out of your tour. But with so many artists, you won’t get to see them so it is recommended that you plan your day. Buy your tickets early and go to meridaenglishlibrary.com to see which artists most strike your fancy. Plan your day around a neighborhood or a style of art—it’s up to you. Make the most of your time and leave the driving/parking to someone else—why not hire a cab or an UBER car to take you for the day?
Due to the small space of some of the studios, only a limited number of tickets will be sold. Attendees will receive a map with their ticket showing where all the studios are. Advance purchase tickets are 200 pesos and on the day of the event, tickets will be 250 pesos.
- What: Artist Studio Tour
- When: Saturday, February 17
10:00am – 5:00pm
- Where: Over 29 Studios throughout Merida Centro
Tickets: 200 pesos ahead of tour, 250 pesos day of tour
- Sponsor: Merida English Library
- Contact: Silvia Zapiain (999 292 49 75)
Tickets are on sale:
- Soho Gallery, Calle 60 #400A x 43 y 41;
- Galería Eskalera, Calle 70 #474-b x 57 y 59;
- Centro Cultural La Cúpula, Calle 54 #407 x 41 y 43;
- Hennessy’s, Paseo Montejo x 41 y 43;
- Merida English Library, Calle 53 #524 x 66 y 68 from 9:00 to 1:00 Monday through Saturday.
- Luz Perpetua Art Centre, Calle 20 #87E y 15 Itzimna.
And at the beach, tickets are available at El Bull Pen, Calle 19 x 128, Chelem from Monday through Friday.
For more information on the tour and the artists, please visit the Merida English Library.
Leave a Comment