The state authorities seek to promote safe behaviors and avoid risks for citizens during the Christmas season…
MERIDA – Before the arrival of the December festivities, the State Civil Protection Unit (Procivy) issued a series of recommendations to avoid accidents, in order to strengthen the culture of prevention and promote safe behaviors:
- When decorating the exterior or interior of houses or offices, care should be taken to place the Christmas tree at a minimum distance of one meter from any source of heat. It is necessary to turn off all decorative lights at night and when leaving the property, and not overload a contact with several connections.
- Remember checking the wires and electrical installations before using them, especially if they are old, since they may be damaged after spending a lot of time packed which increases the chances of short circuits and accidents.
- The purchase of gunpowder products can only be done in authorized places and the use of fireworks must be done with extreme caution and under the supervision of an adult. They are the main cause of burns and skin conditions.
- In case of a major injury, always it is recommended go to an emergency service and not use home remedies.
- Also, people must not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, as well as use seat belts and child seats for the minors, in addition to not using the cell phone. As for motorcyclists, it is also necessary to drive with a helmet.
- During this time, low temperatures will be present due to the presence of cold fronts, therefore, citizens are recommended to keep warm by using thermal clothes.
Finally, the agency recalled that for any emergency, the number 911 is available, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
more recommended stories
Merida Airport averages 8,300 daily passengers
Prior to the start of the.
More than 20 Mérida subdivisions are located in areas of high risk of flooding
Many of these subdivisions are very.
90 million pesos to be invested in the Cozumel Airport
The Manager of the Cozumel airport,.
One dead after another hunting accident in Yucatan
On Sunday, June 26th, a 67-year-old.
Democrats who could run for president in 2024
Joe Biden’s universal name ID helped.
Three systems in the Atlantic forming around the Yucatan Peninsula
Forecasters are watching a disturbance in.
Kanasín police officers prevent a man from committing suicide on a Periférico bridge
A man climbed the bridge located.
Alvaro Leyva, a negotiator between the Marxist FARC rebels and the Colombian government announced as new cabinet member
Colombia’s leftist president-elect Gustavo Petro named.
Rudy Giuliani is assaulted by a grocery store employee In Staten Island
Controversial former New York City Mayor.
Yucatan’s Ie-Tram transport system will be the only one of its kind in all of Latin America
Mexico’s Yucatán governor Mauricio Vila has.