The state authorities seek to promote safe behaviors and avoid risks for citizens during the Christmas season…
MERIDA – Before the arrival of the December festivities, the State Civil Protection Unit (Procivy) issued a series of recommendations to avoid accidents, in order to strengthen the culture of prevention and promote safe behaviors:
- When decorating the exterior or interior of houses or offices, care should be taken to place the Christmas tree at a minimum distance of one meter from any source of heat. It is necessary to turn off all decorative lights at night and when leaving the property, and not overload a contact with several connections.
- Remember checking the wires and electrical installations before using them, especially if they are old, since they may be damaged after spending a lot of time packed which increases the chances of short circuits and accidents.
- The purchase of gunpowder products can only be done in authorized places and the use of fireworks must be done with extreme caution and under the supervision of an adult. They are the main cause of burns and skin conditions.
- In case of a major injury, always it is recommended go to an emergency service and not use home remedies.
- Also, people must not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, as well as use seat belts and child seats for the minors, in addition to not using the cell phone. As for motorcyclists, it is also necessary to drive with a helmet.
- During this time, low temperatures will be present due to the presence of cold fronts, therefore, citizens are recommended to keep warm by using thermal clothes.
Finally, the agency recalled that for any emergency, the number 911 is available, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
more recommended stories
New findings might help tailor COVID-19 treatments
Scientists are beginning to untangle one.
Mexico’s school year to begin with instruction on television
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Distance learning.
El Marro ‘never slept two nights in the same place’
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – After receiving.
Mexico purges security agencies of those tied to ex-chief
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Top directors.
Emeritus Pope Benedict, 93, ‘extremely frail’ after visiting dying brother in Germany
Former Pope Benedict XVI became seriously.
Representative Luis Alegre Salazar participates bare-chested in Virtual Seminar
On Monday, August 3, the president.
Beirut blast: Explosion rocks city with many injured (VIDEO)
A large blast has hit the.
Four thousand businesses have closed in Yucatan due to the pandemic: Canacope
“In Yucatan, around four thousand small.
Tekax Yucatan and the rampant corruption of its former administration.
Among other irregularities, former Tekax mayor.
Uber reinforces sanitary measures in Yucatan
Aiming to help Merida reduce the.