The state authorities seek to promote safe behaviors and avoid risks for citizens during the Christmas season…
MERIDA – Before the arrival of the December festivities, the State Civil Protection Unit (Procivy) issued a series of recommendations to avoid accidents, in order to strengthen the culture of prevention and promote safe behaviors:
- When decorating the exterior or interior of houses or offices, care should be taken to place the Christmas tree at a minimum distance of one meter from any source of heat. It is necessary to turn off all decorative lights at night and when leaving the property, and not overload a contact with several connections.
- Remember checking the wires and electrical installations before using them, especially if they are old, since they may be damaged after spending a lot of time packed which increases the chances of short circuits and accidents.
- The purchase of gunpowder products can only be done in authorized places and the use of fireworks must be done with extreme caution and under the supervision of an adult. They are the main cause of burns and skin conditions.
- In case of a major injury, always it is recommended go to an emergency service and not use home remedies.
- Also, people must not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, as well as use seat belts and child seats for the minors, in addition to not using the cell phone. As for motorcyclists, it is also necessary to drive with a helmet.
- During this time, low temperatures will be present due to the presence of cold fronts, therefore, citizens are recommended to keep warm by using thermal clothes.
Finally, the agency recalled that for any emergency, the number 911 is available, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
more recommended stories
Two Canadian tourists dead after shooting inside Xcaret theme park in the Riviera Maya
A man shot three guests of.
The tourism sector is a key engine of economic recovery for Yucatan
Through these projects and actions in.
Mexico’s Pemex takes ownership of Deer Park refinery
Mexican state-owned oil company Pemex took.
Tourist dies after falling from a sixth floor in a residential complex in Cancun
Tragedy in an exclusive residential area.
European Union condemns murders of journalists in Mexico
The delegation of the European Union in.
What are the penalties for spreading intimate photographic material online in Yucatan?
So far, the Prosecutor’s Office has.
Ever heard of “Dry January”?
Nearly two years into a pandemic,.
Imminent ecocide on Holbox Island… What are the authorities doing about it?
The revelation of the expert opinion.
Red grouper at risk due to overexploitation on the Yucatecan coasts
The lack of adequate inspection and.
76% of Mérida businesses register cases of COVID-19 among employees
CCE Yucatan President Fernando Ponce Díaz.