The state authorities seek to promote safe behaviors and avoid risks for citizens during the Christmas season…
MERIDA – Before the arrival of the December festivities, the State Civil Protection Unit (Procivy) issued a series of recommendations to avoid accidents, in order to strengthen the culture of prevention and promote safe behaviors:
- When decorating the exterior or interior of houses or offices, care should be taken to place the Christmas tree at a minimum distance of one meter from any source of heat. It is necessary to turn off all decorative lights at night and when leaving the property, and not overload a contact with several connections.
- Remember checking the wires and electrical installations before using them, especially if they are old, since they may be damaged after spending a lot of time packed which increases the chances of short circuits and accidents.
- The purchase of gunpowder products can only be done in authorized places and the use of fireworks must be done with extreme caution and under the supervision of an adult. They are the main cause of burns and skin conditions.
- In case of a major injury, always it is recommended go to an emergency service and not use home remedies.
- Also, people must not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, as well as use seat belts and child seats for the minors, in addition to not using the cell phone. As for motorcyclists, it is also necessary to drive with a helmet.
- During this time, low temperatures will be present due to the presence of cold fronts, therefore, citizens are recommended to keep warm by using thermal clothes.
Finally, the agency recalled that for any emergency, the number 911 is available, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
more recommended stories
Waterfalls in Yucatán?
The rains from the remnants of.
Trump considering to invoke “Insurrection Act”
Trump threatens to deploy the military.
“Amanda” resurges as tropical depression # 3, remaining stationary in front of Campeche
MÉRIDA.- The National Hurricane Center reported.
Volkswagen Mexico to restart operations on June 15
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – The Mexican.
Cancun reopens to tourism next week
President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador held.
In Washington DC, fires burn near the White House
WASHINGTON (AFP): Police fired teargas outside.
“Mexico is far from controlling the first wave of COVID-19” – NECSI
U.S. experts warned that deaths could.
Torrential rain for the Yucatan Peninsula
MERIDA Yucatan (CONAGUA) – The wide.
As the “new normality” begins, the country reports almost 10,000 deaths by Covid-19.
The entire country is on red.
The US heats up and Trump blames the media
Just a week ago, the United.