The state authorities seek to promote safe behaviors and avoid risks for citizens during the Christmas season…
MERIDA – Before the arrival of the December festivities, the State Civil Protection Unit (Procivy) issued a series of recommendations to avoid accidents, in order to strengthen the culture of prevention and promote safe behaviors:
- When decorating the exterior or interior of houses or offices, care should be taken to place the Christmas tree at a minimum distance of one meter from any source of heat. It is necessary to turn off all decorative lights at night and when leaving the property, and not overload a contact with several connections.
- Remember checking the wires and electrical installations before using them, especially if they are old, since they may be damaged after spending a lot of time packed which increases the chances of short circuits and accidents.
- The purchase of gunpowder products can only be done in authorized places and the use of fireworks must be done with extreme caution and under the supervision of an adult. They are the main cause of burns and skin conditions.
- In case of a major injury, always it is recommended go to an emergency service and not use home remedies.
- Also, people must not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, as well as use seat belts and child seats for the minors, in addition to not using the cell phone. As for motorcyclists, it is also necessary to drive with a helmet.
- During this time, low temperatures will be present due to the presence of cold fronts, therefore, citizens are recommended to keep warm by using thermal clothes.
Finally, the agency recalled that for any emergency, the number 911 is available, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
more recommended stories
Japanese delegation comes to Mérida to strengthen bilateral relationship
The project of the Chicxulub crater.
First house entirely made of Sargassum built by Mexican inventor in Quintana Roo
PUERTO MORELOS, Q. Roo, September 20,.
Protests in Homun, Yucatan against the opening of mega pig farm
On Friday September 21, the conflict.
Day of the Dead Parade Mexico City, three years stunning the world
For the third year in a.
Viva Aerobus announces new direct flights between Cancun and the U.S.
Viva Aerobus, the ultra low cost.
Vessel control centers urgently needed in Quintana Roo
“A control center like the one.
Photographic festival coming to Mérida in November
For the first time, the Mérida.
Trump demands a border wall but many congressional Republicans just not into it
WASHINGTON DC – President Donald Trump.
Mexico analyzing U.S. proposal on deportation funding
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – Mexico’s government.
AMLO stuck for hours on commercial flight in Oaxaca
Mexico’s President-elect Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador,.