The state authorities seek to promote safe behaviors and avoid risks for citizens during the Christmas season…
MERIDA – Before the arrival of the December festivities, the State Civil Protection Unit (Procivy) issued a series of recommendations to avoid accidents, in order to strengthen the culture of prevention and promote safe behaviors:
- When decorating the exterior or interior of houses or offices, care should be taken to place the Christmas tree at a minimum distance of one meter from any source of heat. It is necessary to turn off all decorative lights at night and when leaving the property, and not overload a contact with several connections.
- Remember checking the wires and electrical installations before using them, especially if they are old, since they may be damaged after spending a lot of time packed which increases the chances of short circuits and accidents.
- The purchase of gunpowder products can only be done in authorized places and the use of fireworks must be done with extreme caution and under the supervision of an adult. They are the main cause of burns and skin conditions.
- In case of a major injury, always it is recommended go to an emergency service and not use home remedies.
- Also, people must not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, as well as use seat belts and child seats for the minors, in addition to not using the cell phone. As for motorcyclists, it is also necessary to drive with a helmet.
- During this time, low temperatures will be present due to the presence of cold fronts, therefore, citizens are recommended to keep warm by using thermal clothes.
Finally, the agency recalled that for any emergency, the number 911 is available, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
more recommended stories
Mexican student accepted in NASA’s Space Program for the third time
Felipe Ávila Gómez is a Mexican.
Migrant Boy, 3, Swept Away With His Mom in the Rio Grande
U.S. Border Patrol agents are searching.
Progreso registers record figures during this summer holiday season
The Malecón of Progreso had a.
Dog killed in drive by shooting in Tekax
Just because “they didn’t like him”,.
Three more stations added to the Maya Train Route (FONATUR)
According to Rogelio Jiménez Pons, director.
Migraine in Mexico generates multimillion annual losses
Having a migraine causes disabilities in.
Mexican govenment fines Cancun airport $3.7 million USD for taxi monopoly
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s anti-monopoly.
“Renown Mexican entrepreneur behind St. Lucia Boycott” – Lopez Obrador accuses
“The injunctions against the new airport.
The G7 summit in France… Will Trump blow it up?
The G7, a group of rich.
Trump Administration Reaches Deal With Mexico on Tomato Tariffs
The United States and Mexico have.