The INAH should authorize a study on the columns, the presence of microorganisms, the state of the structures, the stains on the walls and the soil elements…
MERIDA – The Urban Development Director, Aref Karam Espósitos, stated that a specialized study must be done for the park, just as the one made for the Monumento a la Patria, to know what should be done. The study should be approved by the Anthropology and History National Institute (INAH).
A total inspection will be done of the Band Shell to detect any fissure, loss of color and the presence of strange materials that do not belong to the original construction works.
Karam Espósitos stressed the historic importance of Las Americas Park, as a monumental heritage for the city, and that by now the City Council is working on the refurbishment of the José Martí Library, due to its importance and use as a place to host events.
Other actions that Mayor Mauricio Vila Dosal has done for the city are:
- Installed Internet signal in 55 blocks of the Historic Center.
- Refurbished the Dragones, del Puente and San Juan arches.
- Restored the paintings of the artist Manuel Lizama Salazar.
- Done maintenance to the Monumento a la Patria.
- Restored 89 facades of houses between 60th and 62nd Streets, along 55th to 63rd Streets, and from the Santa Lucía Park to La Plaza Grande, as first stage of this process.
By now there is already announced the second stage of the restoration of facades on 58th street, 47th to 59th streets and between 60th and 62nd streets, on the 47th to 55th streets, which corresponds from Santa Ana to Santa Lucía Parks. The works will take 5 months and will cover a total of 228 facades with an investment of $10 million pesos.
Other projects in Downtown were the maintenance works to the Olimpo Cultural Center, the City Hall, the trellis of the Cathedral and the public street lights and Internet on Paseo de Montejo.
Leave a Comment