The Yucatan Times presents a summary with the top ten most outstanding points of the Fifth Government Report of President Enrique Peña Nieto, delivered this past weekend in Mexico City…..
1) Neutralization (Arrest) of 107 of the 122 most dangerous criminals.
2) 512,000 troops and more than 8,000 commanding officers, from all the different police forces in the country, received training.
3) Two million people overcame extreme food poverty.
4) In 10 years extreme poverty can be completely eradicated.
5) 3.4 million more Mexicans have social security.
6) 6.2 million more Mexicans have access to health services.
7) The payroll of the teacher’s union (one of the largest unions in the world) was audited, detecting more than 40 thousand persons registered in the payroll, receiving a monthly salary while performing absolutely no teaching or administrative tasks at all.
8) The total coverage of upper secondary education (educación media superior o secundaria) rose from 66% to 82%, its highest level so far.
9) The bilateral relationship with the new US Government is now based on sovereignty, national interest, and the protection of nationals.
10) For the first time in 10 years, there will be a primary surplus (or residue) in public finances.
TYT Newsroom with information from Reforma
more recommended stories
Teen jogger who accidentally crossed U.S. border from Canada is detained for two weeks
A teenager out for a beachside.
Grand Finale of the 2018 Merida Initiative National Mock Trial Competition for Mexican Law Students
Mexico City, 21 June, 2018 –.
Three time NBA Champion Klay Thompson charters plane to Mexico full of IG models
Three-time champion Klay Thompson is in.
Mexico’s soccer national team mental coach is transforming mindsets nationwide
Though the spotlight is always on.
Maya sacred book “Chilam Balam Tekax” astrological predictions analyzed by INAH experts
The first specialized integral study of.
Prisma Hotel Group announces investment of 357 million for remodeling hotels nationwide
With the objective of always providing.
Trump’s ‘Tent Cities’: where unaccompanied minors are kept in South Texas
According to Esquire: Beyond the moral and.
“Mayas y Piratas” Festival in Chetumal
The Bay of Chetumal will host.
The current ESAY premises will be turned into the new University of the Arts
“The transformation of the Higher School.
Growth in tourism is expected in Valladolid during the summer holiday season
After carrying out various promotional activities,.