The Yucatan Times presents a summary with the top ten most outstanding points of the Fifth Government Report of President Enrique Peña Nieto, delivered this past weekend in Mexico City…..
1) Neutralization (Arrest) of 107 of the 122 most dangerous criminals.
2) 512,000 troops and more than 8,000 commanding officers, from all the different police forces in the country, received training.
3) Two million people overcame extreme food poverty.
4) In 10 years extreme poverty can be completely eradicated.
5) 3.4 million more Mexicans have social security.
6) 6.2 million more Mexicans have access to health services.
7) The payroll of the teacher’s union (one of the largest unions in the world) was audited, detecting more than 40 thousand persons registered in the payroll, receiving a monthly salary while performing absolutely no teaching or administrative tasks at all.
8) The total coverage of upper secondary education (educación media superior o secundaria) rose from 66% to 82%, its highest level so far.
9) The bilateral relationship with the new US Government is now based on sovereignty, national interest, and the protection of nationals.
10) For the first time in 10 years, there will be a primary surplus (or residue) in public finances.
TYT Newsroom with information from Reforma
Leave a Comment