The Yucatan Times presents a summary with the top ten most outstanding points of the Fifth Government Report of President Enrique Peña Nieto, delivered this past weekend in Mexico City…..
1) Neutralization (Arrest) of 107 of the 122 most dangerous criminals.
2) 512,000 troops and more than 8,000 commanding officers, from all the different police forces in the country, received training.
3) Two million people overcame extreme food poverty.
4) In 10 years extreme poverty can be completely eradicated.
5) 3.4 million more Mexicans have social security.
6) 6.2 million more Mexicans have access to health services.
7) The payroll of the teacher’s union (one of the largest unions in the world) was audited, detecting more than 40 thousand persons registered in the payroll, receiving a monthly salary while performing absolutely no teaching or administrative tasks at all.
8) The total coverage of upper secondary education (educación media superior o secundaria) rose from 66% to 82%, its highest level so far.
9) The bilateral relationship with the new US Government is now based on sovereignty, national interest, and the protection of nationals.
10) For the first time in 10 years, there will be a primary surplus (or residue) in public finances.
TYT Newsroom with information from Reforma
more recommended stories
Meet the new Mexican Congress and its Sixty-Fourth Legislature
As we all know on July.
Activists clean up cenotes in Yucatan
The garbage accumulated in the Yucatan.
Yucatán, not initially included in the Maya Train project is now a key role player
During the second meeting of the.
Mérida is ready for “La Feria del Pib” on Sunday October 28
The time of one of the.
“Michael” caused another massive arrival of sargassum to the coasts of Quintana Roo
Hurricane “Michael” generated rains, strong winds.
Quintana Roo’s Yum Balam Reserve bans plastic
The Official Gazette of the Federation.
SEDECULTA’s museums and theaters will be part of La Noche Blanca in its tenth edition
The tenth edition of La Noche.
Yucatán is ready for “Festival de las Ánimas”
The government of Yucatan announced that.
Mexico has 10 new Magic Towns
The following locations are added to.
Canada to become the largest country in the world to fully legalize recreational marijuana
This week, Canada becomes the second.