The Yucatan Times presents a summary with the top ten most outstanding points of the Fifth Government Report of President Enrique Peña Nieto, delivered this past weekend in Mexico City…..
1) Neutralization (Arrest) of 107 of the 122 most dangerous criminals.
2) 512,000 troops and more than 8,000 commanding officers, from all the different police forces in the country, received training.
3) Two million people overcame extreme food poverty.
4) In 10 years extreme poverty can be completely eradicated.
5) 3.4 million more Mexicans have social security.
6) 6.2 million more Mexicans have access to health services.
7) The payroll of the teacher’s union (one of the largest unions in the world) was audited, detecting more than 40 thousand persons registered in the payroll, receiving a monthly salary while performing absolutely no teaching or administrative tasks at all.
8) The total coverage of upper secondary education (educación media superior o secundaria) rose from 66% to 82%, its highest level so far.
9) The bilateral relationship with the new US Government is now based on sovereignty, national interest, and the protection of nationals.
10) For the first time in 10 years, there will be a primary surplus (or residue) in public finances.
TYT Newsroom with information from Reforma
more recommended stories
“Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”: Expert
“Just a few years ago, Yucatan.
Members of the “Antorchista” Mexican political organization march the streets of Mérida
According to estimations of the state.
Mexico, Inditex fifth most important market in 2017
The expansion and growth of the.
Explosions rattle Austin, Texas
A deadly string of unsolved bombings in.
Quintana Roo will have Port Facilities Protection Code
“As part of the security adjustments.
Mexico celebrates Benito Juarez “The Lincoln of Mexico”
Benito Juarez’s birthday (March 21) is.
Presidential candidate José A. Meade warns about influence of organized crime in Mexican elections
One of the concerns for this.
K’u’uk: contemporary cuisine or pure alchemy?
Acknowledged at the Food and Travel.
Mérida, one of the best cities to live in Mexico (and the world)
Dan Prescher wrote an article for.
Hacienda Kancabchén: a call from a distant era just 15 miles away from Mérida
Hacienda Kancabchén maintains great part of.