The average avocado is nutrient dense, delicious, and will clock in at about 140 calories. With this comes 14 grams of fat – roughly 70 percent of the calorie content. In these calories are an incredible balance of nearly twenty vitamins and minerals. Infused alongside these nutrients are many antioxidants – and the fat content of avocado is monounsaturated, meaning that it helps your body balance its intake of other fats.
Avocados can help your body with a wide range of ailments. Aside from being able to clear up vitamin and mineral deficiencies, which can cause a host of problems on their own, avocados can help prevent aging from oxidation (helping you live longer and be more active), improve immune function, manage your blood fat content, eliminate cholesterol, improve digestion, and more.
Avocados have been the subject of intense study and research. Their speculated benefits have helped people for centuries. Science has recently been able to find truth to the legacy behind the avocado’s medical usage in history. Mexico, Chile, and other Central and South American cultures have used the fruit in medicinal preparations and health remedies for many years.
Avocado is a very good source of lots of vitamins
Avocado is an excellent source of quite a few key nutrients that are important for your body’s function. Some of the nutrients in avocado, like vitamin K and copper, can be quite tricky to obtain since they are uncommon. Here’s a list of the vitamins and minerals in avocados, and a quick summary of why they’re good for you.
- Pantothenic acid, 42% of your D.R.I. (Daily recommended intake)Pantothenic acid is most commonly studied for its ability to create energy in the body. It’s metabolized into Coenzyme A, a powerful antioxidant that’s sometimes considered one of the most vital chemicals in the entire world for supporting life. Avocado is the second highest source of pantothenic acid in the world, second only to shiitake mushrooms.
- Folate, 40% of your D.R.IFolate has proved to be a hard vitamin to study. Folate actually describes a whole bunch of different types of folates – methylfolates, dihydrofolates, etc. The different varieties cover a number of different aspects of health, primarily that relating to the brain and nervous system.
- Vitamin K , 35% of your D.R.I.Vitamin K is an important mineral in regulating your blood’s ability to clot. Blood clotting is important for closing wounds properly – if your blood can’t clot, the wound will remain open and you’ll bleed out. Vitamin K also helps bones grow strong.
- Copper , 31% of your D.R.I.Copper helps the body form one of its natural endogenous antioxidants, superoxide dismutase (SOD.) Copper deficiency – and the subsequent SOD deficiency – can lead to terrible damages to the nervous system, the development of Lou Gehrig’s disease, and a host of other unpleasant symptoms. Fortunately, copper deficiency is rare.
- Vitamin B6, 23% of your D.R.I.Vitamin B6 is a nutrient that helps your body produce red blood cells, and aids in the proper metabolization of carbohydrates and sugars.
- Vitamin E, 21% of your D.R.I.
Avocado is the fifth highest source of vitamin E in the world, beaten by several nuts & seeds and leafy greens. Vitamin E is a very strong antioxidant that helps keep the skin healthy and fight against heart disease.
- Potassium, 21% of your D.R.I.Avocado makes the top-10 list again for sources high in potassium, coming in at number 8. Potassium helps the body maintain a proper blood pressure, assists the kidneys with proper functioning, and helps build strong bones.
- Vitamin C, 20% of your D.R.I.Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant and one of the most important nutrients the body can use. It helps the absorption of all other nutrients. Have you heard of scurvy? That’s another name for vitamin C deficiency, which can cause lots of unpleasant symptoms like bleeding gums and fatigue.
These nutrients are responsible for a much larger heap of health benefits than those mentioned above. Read on to see how they can work with each other to create positive changes in the body.
Conclusion: Avocado boasts a strong and varied nutritional profile.The high content of various minerals and vitamins allows avocados to be effective fighters against a large number of diseases.
more recommended stories
Holcim cement plant is already operating in Umán, Yucatán
Mérida, Yucatán, (June 24, 2021).- With.
Hawthorn (Espino Blanco) a medicinal plant that naturally fights hypertension
Hawthorn and hypertension YUCATÁN, (June 24,.
Raiders’ Carl Nassib becomes first active NFL player to come out as gay (VIDEO)
WORLD, June 24, 2021 (Reuters) .-.
Ranchers plant trees in a community in Izamal, Yucatán
Izamal, Yucatan; June 24, 2021 (ACOM) .-.
The ‘Champolas’ of Don Cheto, a tradition that continues in Maxcanú, Yucatán
Maxcanú, Yucatán, (June 24, 2021).- The.
DIF Yucatán instructs families on how to nourish with fruit trees that they have in their home
Peto, Yucatán, (June 23, 2021).- Mrs..
Banksy copyright is removed from his works to make greeting cards
Banksy lost the rights to several.
Yucatecans stand out in the Hispanic Grandeur International Awards
MEXICO CITY, (June 23, 2021).- The.
Maya Assembly Múuch ‘Xíinbal calls for cancellation of the Maya Train
Maya people in Yucatan say NO.
Electoral process left 102 politicians assassinated in Mexico: Etellekt
MÉXICO, (June 23, 2021).- The electoral.