CANCUN — A day after the US State Department updated its travel warning to include four municipalities in northern Quintana Roo (Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum and Cozumel), Cancun’s Tourism chief, Francisco López Reyes, resigned his position.
Frank Lopez was named Director of Tourism in the administration of Paul Carrillo de Cáceres and repeated in the same position when Remberto Estrada Barba arrived in the mayor’s office, in 2016.
With little experience in public service, he had previously served as
Legislative liaison and director of investment projects of the State Secretariat of Tourism, positions he received thanks to the
Influence of his father, Francisco López Mena, current Secretary of Government of Quintana Roo.
At a press conference, Frank López justified his irrevocable resignation, to participate in the elections as Candidate for the municipal presidency of Benito Juárez, although he left open the possibility for a federal office
He was replaced by Jane Garcia, Mayor Estrada Barba reported in his Twitter account.
A Panista by affiliation for 19 years, he served as director of tourism in priísta administration and green ecologist party.
So far, neither the PAN nor the PRD have offered opinions on a possible endorsement of the political aspirations of the entrepreneur, a restaurant and bar owner.
Questioned as to whether he was ahead of time or leaving office after the United States alert to Quintana Roo, he said that it was “mere coincidence,” and that he did not do it because he had to give up early
“… you have to prepare, there is much to do, with a platform and be 100% focused on work, that the Directorate of Tourism has a person focused 100% on the agency,” he said.
A couple of hours after Lopez Reyes presented his resignation, the new head of municipal tourism, Jane Alexandra García, was presented by Roberto Estrada Barba.
She is former consul and president of Skal International in Cancún, the only international organization that encompasses all sectors of the travel industry.
more recommended stories
Government of Quintana Roo issues official statement on Tulum case
IOWA FAMILY DIED OF “ASPHYXIATION FROM.
Yucatecan Francisco Cantón as the subject of a historical novel
“To know our history is to.
American family who died in Mexico ‘went to sleep and never woke up,’ cousin says
The four members of an Iowa family who.
Criminals break into schools in Acapulco, steal and cut victims’ hair
On Tuesday March 20, four men broke.
Infrastructure, the big challenge for the next state administration in Yucatán
“The next state government of Yucatan.
Iowa family found dead in Tulum Hotel
The Creston Police Department told WHO-TV that four.
Undocumented Single Mother Faces Deportation in Four Days: Montrealers Outraged at Failure of Sanctuary City
Montreal, March 23 2018 — Montrealers.
Campeche and Yucatán present at Expo ANTAD 2018
Exhibitors that participated in Expo ANTAD.
Mexican women mobilize against sexist violence
In hat and police suit, with.
Hubikú Ecopark: nature, gastronomy and Maya tradition in one place
Located in the municipality of Temozón,.