Virtuoso has revealed the properties and hoteliers running for “Best of the Best” awards. The Virtuoso network and the editors of Virtuoso Life magazine selected this year’s 55 contenders in 11 categories; the selections were picked from the network’s 1,246 hotels, resorts, lodges, spas, camps and villas.
Andaz Mayakoba Resort in Playa del Carmen and Chablé Resort in Yucatan were among this year’s nominees.
Virtuoso’s travel advisors will vote for their favorites over the next few weeks. Their winning selections will be revealed during Virtuoso Travel Week’s Hotels & Resorts Dinner taking place August 16 at Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
Best Achievement in Design
1. Baoase Luxury Resort, Willemstad, Curaçao
2. Park Hyatt Mallorca, Majorca, Spain
3. Six Senses Douro Valley, Lamego, Portugal
4. The Strand Yangon, Yangon, Myanmar
5. The William Vale, Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
Best Dining Experience
1. Le Louis XV – Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo, Monte Carlo, Monaco
2. La Terrazza – Hotel Eden, Rome, Rome, Italy
3. Meo Modo – Relais Borgo Santo Pietro, Siena, Italy
4. Manta – The Cape, A Thompson Hotel, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5. Majorelle – The Lowell, New York, New York, U.S.
1. The Blue Bar – The Berkeley, London, UK
2. Aquarium Bar – Castelbrac Hotel, Dinard, France
3. Saxony – Faena Hotel Miami Beach, Miami Beach, Florida, U.S.
4. Bar Hemingway – Ritz Paris, Paris, France
5. The Long Bar – Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund, Shanghai, China
Best Family Program
1. Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Oxford, UK
2. Hotel Castello at Forte Village Resort, Santa Margherita di Pula, Italy
3. Hotel Sacher Wien, Vienna, Austria
4. The Reef Atlantis, Nassau, Bahamas
5. The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, Naples, Florida, U.S.
Best Wellness Program
1. Canyon Ranch, Tucson, Arizona, U.S.
2. Golden Door Luxury Resort & Spa, San Marcos, California, U.S.
3. Kempinski Hotel Berchtesgaden, Berchtesgaden, Germany
4. Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5. SHA Wellness Clinic, Alicante, Spain
Best Virtuoso Experience
1. Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort, Tangalle, Sri Lanka
2. Hotel Solar de las Animas, Tequila, Mexico
3. The Mark, New York, New York, U.S.
4. São Lourenço do Barrocal, Monsaraz, Portugal
5. Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Sustainable Tourism Leadership
1. Cavallo Point – the Lodge at Golden Gate, Sausalito, California, U.S.
2. CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa, Rendezvous Bay, Anguilla
3. Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley, Wolgan Valley, Australia
4. Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel, Machu Picchu Pueblo, Peru
5. UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa, Trancoso, Brazil
Best Virtuoso Newcomer
1. Amanemu, Shima, Japan
2. Chablé Resort and Spa, Chocholá, Mexico
3. Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown, New York, New York, U.S.
4. Park Hotel Vitznau, Vitznau, Switzerland
5. The St. Regis Langkawi, Langkawi, Malaysia
Best Virtuoso Ambassador
1. Kees Hogetoorn – AccorHotels
2. Leslie Dodson – AccorHotels
3. Tets Kato – Banyan Tree Mayakoba
4. Gillian Greenwood – InterContinental Hotel Group
5. Janet Kato White – Montage Hotels
Hotelier of the Year
1. Taparahi Tibble – Aman Sveti Stefan, Sveti Stefan, Montenegro
2. Eric Boonstoppel – Cheval Blanc Courchevel, Courchevel, France
3. Timothy Ananiadis – Hotel Grand Bretagne, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens, Athens, Greece
4. Frank Marrenbach – Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa, Oetker Collection, Baden-Baden, Germany
5. Susanne Hatje – Mandarin Oriental, New York, New York, New York, U.S.
Hotel of the Year
1. Four Seasons Resort Lana’i, Lanai City, Hawaii, U.S.
2. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
3. Palazzo Seneca, Norcia, Italy
4. The Peninsula Beijing, Beijing, China
5. The Lanesborough, Oetker Collection, London, UK
For more information on these properties, or to book a stay at them, visit www.virtuoso.com/hotels.
more recommended stories
4-year-old bear had to be euthanized in Idaho
A 4-year-old grizzly was euthanized after.
Two thousand migrants continue marching north despite authorities efforts to stop them
HUEHUETAN, Mexico (AP) — A group.
Rick will hit the Mexican Pacific Coast on Monday as a category 1
Hurricane Rick headed for Mexico’s southern.
Dairo Antonio Usuga, alias “Otoniel,” caught in Necocli, Colombia, Saturday, Oct. 23, 2021
BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) — Colombian security.
Altars exhibition will return to the tourist corridor of Calle 59, in Campeche
CAMPECHE, (October 23, 2021) .- After canceling.
Guides will participate in “alternative tourist tianguis” in the park of Santa Ana in Mérida
They will offer new attractions to.
Ticul Hospital will be ready in 2023, says Mauricio Vila
Merida, Yucatan, (October 23, 2021).- The.
KFC restaurant in eastern Mérida catches fire
Mérida, Yucatán, (October 23, 2021).- This.
Migrants change their course, leave Chiapas bound to Mexico City
Around three thousand migrants left Tapachula,.
Germany issues travel alert to Mexico after killings of foreigners in Tulum
The alert is in addition to.