Virtuoso has revealed the properties and hoteliers running for “Best of the Best” awards. The Virtuoso network and the editors of Virtuoso Life magazine selected this year’s 55 contenders in 11 categories; the selections were picked from the network’s 1,246 hotels, resorts, lodges, spas, camps and villas.
Andaz Mayakoba Resort in Playa del Carmen and Chablé Resort in Yucatan were among this year’s nominees.
Virtuoso’s travel advisors will vote for their favorites over the next few weeks. Their winning selections will be revealed during Virtuoso Travel Week’s Hotels & Resorts Dinner taking place August 16 at Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
Best Achievement in Design
1. Baoase Luxury Resort, Willemstad, Curaçao
2. Park Hyatt Mallorca, Majorca, Spain
3. Six Senses Douro Valley, Lamego, Portugal
4. The Strand Yangon, Yangon, Myanmar
5. The William Vale, Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
Best Dining Experience
1. Le Louis XV – Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo, Monte Carlo, Monaco
2. La Terrazza – Hotel Eden, Rome, Rome, Italy
3. Meo Modo – Relais Borgo Santo Pietro, Siena, Italy
4. Manta – The Cape, A Thompson Hotel, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5. Majorelle – The Lowell, New York, New York, U.S.
1. The Blue Bar – The Berkeley, London, UK
2. Aquarium Bar – Castelbrac Hotel, Dinard, France
3. Saxony – Faena Hotel Miami Beach, Miami Beach, Florida, U.S.
4. Bar Hemingway – Ritz Paris, Paris, France
5. The Long Bar – Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund, Shanghai, China
Best Family Program
1. Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Oxford, UK
2. Hotel Castello at Forte Village Resort, Santa Margherita di Pula, Italy
3. Hotel Sacher Wien, Vienna, Austria
4. The Reef Atlantis, Nassau, Bahamas
5. The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, Naples, Florida, U.S.
Best Wellness Program
1. Canyon Ranch, Tucson, Arizona, U.S.
2. Golden Door Luxury Resort & Spa, San Marcos, California, U.S.
3. Kempinski Hotel Berchtesgaden, Berchtesgaden, Germany
4. Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5. SHA Wellness Clinic, Alicante, Spain
Best Virtuoso Experience
1. Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort, Tangalle, Sri Lanka
2. Hotel Solar de las Animas, Tequila, Mexico
3. The Mark, New York, New York, U.S.
4. São Lourenço do Barrocal, Monsaraz, Portugal
5. Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Sustainable Tourism Leadership
1. Cavallo Point – the Lodge at Golden Gate, Sausalito, California, U.S.
2. CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa, Rendezvous Bay, Anguilla
3. Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley, Wolgan Valley, Australia
4. Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel, Machu Picchu Pueblo, Peru
5. UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa, Trancoso, Brazil
Best Virtuoso Newcomer
1. Amanemu, Shima, Japan
2. Chablé Resort and Spa, Chocholá, Mexico
3. Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown, New York, New York, U.S.
4. Park Hotel Vitznau, Vitznau, Switzerland
5. The St. Regis Langkawi, Langkawi, Malaysia
Best Virtuoso Ambassador
1. Kees Hogetoorn – AccorHotels
2. Leslie Dodson – AccorHotels
3. Tets Kato – Banyan Tree Mayakoba
4. Gillian Greenwood – InterContinental Hotel Group
5. Janet Kato White – Montage Hotels
Hotelier of the Year
1. Taparahi Tibble – Aman Sveti Stefan, Sveti Stefan, Montenegro
2. Eric Boonstoppel – Cheval Blanc Courchevel, Courchevel, France
3. Timothy Ananiadis – Hotel Grand Bretagne, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens, Athens, Greece
4. Frank Marrenbach – Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa, Oetker Collection, Baden-Baden, Germany
5. Susanne Hatje – Mandarin Oriental, New York, New York, New York, U.S.
Hotel of the Year
1. Four Seasons Resort Lana’i, Lanai City, Hawaii, U.S.
2. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
3. Palazzo Seneca, Norcia, Italy
4. The Peninsula Beijing, Beijing, China
5. The Lanesborough, Oetker Collection, London, UK
For more information on these properties, or to book a stay at them, visit www.virtuoso.com/hotels.
more recommended stories
Police arrested two subjects in possession of large quantities of different drugs in Tulum, Quintana Roo
Security forces of the three levels.
Campeche Ministry of Health welcomes Cuban doctors brought by the AMLO administration
Campeche would be benefited from the.
Mauricio Vila signs an agreement with the Confederation of Cataluña
The Governor of Yucatan, Mauricio Vila.
Fire in Baca consumes more than two hectares of undergrowth
In the former tire shop named.
Under investigation 21 cases of acute childhood hepatitis in Mexico: López-Gatell
Hugo López-Gatell, Undersecretary of Federal Health,.
A farewell to Esther, a victim of femicide in Huhí, Yucatan
A very sad day was lived.
First electric carriages arrive in Mérida
On May 17th, a ship from.
AMLO says he will announce a list of vacancies for Mexican doctors on May 24
After the controversy generated by the.
Micro-entrepreneurs celebrate the elimination of the use of face masks
The president of the Merida Small.
Traditional Mayan medicine is being revalued at the
If you are interested in traditional.