Price of square meter of houses for sale in Merida is cheaper than in Mexico City.
At least six out of 10 people in Mérida believe that it is safe to live in the capital of Yucatan.
Merida tops the list of the 10 safest cities to live in, and houses are 84% cheaper than in Mexico City.
This is revealed by data from the National Survey of Urban Public Security (Encuesta Nacional de Seguridad Pública, ENSU, in Spanish) of the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía, INEGI, in Spanish) and the real estate portal properties.com
In the ENSU reports of the last two quarters of 2016, Mérida remained one of the cities with the highest ratings on safety perception.
From July to September, 66.8% of the residents said they felt safe in Merida, while from October to December, 66.2% perceived this, meaning the decline is than 1 percentage point.
In the last quarter of 2016, the second most secure city was Puerto Vallarta, with 59.5%, followed by Durango with 57.7%, Tepic, Nayarit, with 56%, and Piedras Negras, Coahuila, with 52.7%.
The remaining five are two from Coahuila, Saltillo (50.4%), and the metropolitan area of La Laguna (49.9%), Tampico, Tamaulipas (46.5%), Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua (44.6%) and Campeche (42.3%).
The most expensive city to live in
Mexico City is the most expensive to live in, given that on average the price per square meter of houses for sale is 16 thousand 71 pesos.
However, only between 12% and 15.2% of the inhabitants consider it a safe city to live, according to ENSU results at the end of last year.
Of the 10 safest cities, Mérida has a cost per square meter of eight thousand 733 pesos, some 7,333 pesos less than Mexico City.
In this way, a house of 200 square meters in Merida would have a sale price of 1.7 million pesos; against the 3.2 million that would be paid in the country’s capital.
Those wishing to live in Puerto Vallarta will face prices per square meter from 12,571 pesos, according to the averages referred to by the real estate portal.
That is to say that a house of 200 square meters would sell for approximately 2.5 million pesos.
Top 10 safe cities and home prices
When crossing the data of perception of security against the price of the square meter of constructed land, the survey produced this list of the most suitable cities to live in the country.
- Merida Yucatan
- Perception of security: 66.2%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: eight thousand 733 pesos.
- Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
- Perception of security: 59.5%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: 12 thousand 571 pesos.
- Durango, Durango
- Perception of security: 57.7%.
- Average price of the m2 of construction: six mmil 417 pesos.
- Tepic, Nayarit
- Perception of security: 56%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: seven thousand 915 pesos.
- Piedras Negras, Coahuila
- Perception of security: 52.7%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: five thousand 417 pesos.
- Saltillo, Coahuila
- Perception of security: 50.4%.
- Average price of the m2 of construction: seven thousand 663 pesos.
- La Laguna metropolitan area
- Perception of security: 49.9%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: from 5 thousand 616 pesos.
- Tampico, Tamaulipas
- Security perception: 46.5%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: nine thousand 128 pesos.
- Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua
- Perception of security: 44.6%.
- Average price of the m2 of construction: six thousand 19 pesos.
- Campeche, Campeche
- Perception of security: 42.3%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: eight thousand 874 pesos.
more recommended stories
Willa is rapidly intensifying on its direct path to Mexico’s Pacific coast as an ‘extremely threatening’ Category 5 hurricane
Hurricane Willa is expected to produce.
The Importance of Renovation or Construction Contracts in Mexico
Building a new home or renovating.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says the U.S. will not allow illegal immigrants to enter its territory
The United States is closely following.
Man arrested in Mexico City for sexually abusing of more than 30 children
When we read about these type.
Ixi’im Restaurant: a physical and visual integration that allows transit between epochs
This place went from an abandoned.
More police presence in Playa del Carmen
The municipality of Playa del Carmen.
Atlanta GA restaurant offers Yucatan-inspired rooftop
Estrella, a Yucatan-inspired rooftop restaurant and.
Gigantic bombastic creatures take over Mexico City
On Saturday, October 20, the 12th.
Chablé Maroma: a unique Riviera Mayan retreat with a dash of Mayan mysticism
Yamuna is reading my aura—whether I.
23 technology projects presented at Yucatán’s “Binational Node of Innovation”
The report of 23 scientific teams.