A statement to Mexico and its people from a group of foreign residents in Merida:
– We feel the need to voice our solidarity and intent to help our adopted country any way we can.
– We recognize the important role Mexico and its people play in the economy and social fabric of the United States.
– We have chosen to make our home here in Mexico and despite the current US politics, we stand with our Mexican neighbors.
– We have always felt welcomed by Mexican hospitality and embraced by the people.
– We are embarrassed by the treatment of Mexico and its people by our current government.
– We believe in open arms, not closed walls.
– If more walls are built, we have shovels.
Signed: Sus Vecinos y Amigos
Sus Vecinos y Amigos is a group of foreign residents of Merida, Yucatan.
The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are those of the writers and not necessarily those of The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
Magic and color at León FIG 2018!
With an attendance of five thousand.
Trova International Festival to be held in Yucatan Dec. 14-16
A couple of weeks after the.
Yucatecan Culture: a state asset that needs to be institutionalized
To strengthen the cultural offer of.
Yucatan String Quartet 2018-2019 Season kicks off Thursday Nov. 15
The non-profit organization, Yucatan String Quartet.
Stan Lee, creator of legendary Marvel comic book superheroes, dies at 95
Stan Lee, the godfather of Marvel.
“Up The Irons” Iron Maiden announces Mexico City concert in April 2019
The legendary British metal band Iron.
Yucatecan designer creation will be the image of commemorative beer can
In an interview with La Verdad,.
Many an American sees a potential home in Yucatan
The president of the American community.
Financial and psychological costs Ex-pats need to consider wen moving to Mexico
Bodie Kellogg describes himself as a.
San Andrés Mixquic: the ultimate Day of the Dead experience
As visitors travel southeast out of.