A statement to Mexico and its people from a group of foreign residents in Merida:
– We feel the need to voice our solidarity and intent to help our adopted country any way we can.
– We recognize the important role Mexico and its people play in the economy and social fabric of the United States.
– We have chosen to make our home here in Mexico and despite the current US politics, we stand with our Mexican neighbors.
– We have always felt welcomed by Mexican hospitality and embraced by the people.
– We are embarrassed by the treatment of Mexico and its people by our current government.
– We believe in open arms, not closed walls.
– If more walls are built, we have shovels.
Signed: Sus Vecinos y Amigos
Sus Vecinos y Amigos is a group of foreign residents of Merida, Yucatan.
The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are those of the writers and not necessarily those of The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
A new modern way for responsible adoption of Animals: CEMCA launches the “Esperando Por Ti” App
The Municipal Animal Control Center was.
The Jurassic Trail aims to be an economic trigger for the port of Progreso
The Jurassic Trail continue with the.
Xcaret postpones the 14th edition of the Sacred Maya Journey
The return of the traditional Sacred.
Face-to-face courses return to La Ibérica de Mérida; they will celebrate a big event on Sunday
On Sunday, May 22, the Centro.
Noche Blanca will be back after two years due to the pandemic
After two years of the pandemic,.
Greek composer and electronic music pioneer Vangelis dies at 79
The music world just lost one.
Mexican singer Gloria Trevi will delight her Yucatecan fans with her “Isla Divina Tour”
It was in March 2019 when.
Ice Cream Festival to take place in Mérida
Delicious ice creams of many flavors,.
President Joe Biden’s statement on the International Day Against Homophobia
Read the statement by President Joe Biden.
Progreso, Yucatan will have a floating water park in front of the International Malecón
Very soon Progreso will have a.