A statement to Mexico and its people from a group of foreign residents in Merida:
– We feel the need to voice our solidarity and intent to help our adopted country any way we can.
– We recognize the important role Mexico and its people play in the economy and social fabric of the United States.
– We have chosen to make our home here in Mexico and despite the current US politics, we stand with our Mexican neighbors.
– We have always felt welcomed by Mexican hospitality and embraced by the people.
– We are embarrassed by the treatment of Mexico and its people by our current government.
– We believe in open arms, not closed walls.
– If more walls are built, we have shovels.
Signed: Sus Vecinos y Amigos
Sus Vecinos y Amigos is a group of foreign residents of Merida, Yucatan.
The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are those of the writers and not necessarily those of The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
Mexican model Vanessa Ponce de Leon wins Miss World 2018 beauty contest
A Mexican model and volunteer was.
Christmastime in Mexico is full of traditions
To say that Mexico is a.
Puerto Vallarta Wins 2018 Gay Cities ‘Fun in the Sun’ Award
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – The warmth Puerto.
Teotihuacán flower carpet sets new Guinness World Record
With an extension of 17,805.19 square.
Austrian Symphony Orchestra will arrive in Yucatan in 2019
The University of Graz-Austria Symphony Orchestra.
New Arrivals on Netflix Mexico in December
December looks great on Netflix. The.
Yucatan’s International Trova Festival begins Friday 14
The first edition of the Yucatan’s International.
Five Haciendas, five different worlds in Yucatán and Campeche
The taste, history and culture of.
Make Your Play in Yucatán
Yucatán Peninsula casinos and hotels are.
Tonantzin, the deity behind the Virgen of Guadalupe cult.
The virgin of Guadalupe has been,.