A statement to Mexico and its people from a group of foreign residents in Merida:
– We feel the need to voice our solidarity and intent to help our adopted country any way we can.
– We recognize the important role Mexico and its people play in the economy and social fabric of the United States.
– We have chosen to make our home here in Mexico and despite the current US politics, we stand with our Mexican neighbors.
– We have always felt welcomed by Mexican hospitality and embraced by the people.
– We are embarrassed by the treatment of Mexico and its people by our current government.
– We believe in open arms, not closed walls.
– If more walls are built, we have shovels.
Signed: Sus Vecinos y Amigos
Sus Vecinos y Amigos is a group of foreign residents of Merida, Yucatan.
The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are those of the writers and not necessarily those of The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
Airlines to give customers ‘nonbinary’ choice under gender
Major U.S. airlines say they will.
“Relleno Negro” Cine Janal`s third short film on the beautiful gastronomy of Yucatan
This is not the first time.
Mexico wins 3 of the 10 spots for “America´s Best Fishing Destinations”
FishingBooker, the world’s largest website for.
Why Artist Frida Kahlo’s Work Is More Relevant Now Than Ever
Today’s favorite buzzword is “brand.” It’s.
Ahau Hotel Tulum: One of the most trendy eco-chic properties in the world
An eco-chic property with just 26.
Mexico #3 on 2019 World’s Best Places to Retire List
With spiraling costs compelling more and.
Haven Riviera Cancun: the magic is in the details
At Cancun’s newest resort, the Haven.
Valladolid’s Newest Attraction: Choco-Story Museum Learn about Chocolate’s Enchanting Journey through History
Last weekend, my mother, aunt and.
Cancun is the Top International Destination for Valentine’s Day American Travelers
According to Allianz Global Assistance, New York.
“Love is in the Air” with the Yucatan String Quartet
Do not miss the Yucatan String.