A statement to Mexico and its people from a group of foreign residents in Merida:
– We feel the need to voice our solidarity and intent to help our adopted country any way we can.
– We recognize the important role Mexico and its people play in the economy and social fabric of the United States.
– We have chosen to make our home here in Mexico and despite the current US politics, we stand with our Mexican neighbors.
– We have always felt welcomed by Mexican hospitality and embraced by the people.
– We are embarrassed by the treatment of Mexico and its people by our current government.
– We believe in open arms, not closed walls.
– If more walls are built, we have shovels.
Signed: Sus Vecinos y Amigos
Sus Vecinos y Amigos is a group of foreign residents of Merida, Yucatan.
The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are those of the writers and not necessarily those of The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
Mauricio Vila promotes Yucatan during the meeting of governors with the United States Ambassador
Villahermosa, Tabasco, (October 21, 2021) .-.
Agustín Gusto, the first wine produced in Valladolid, Yucatán
Valladolid, Yucatán.- The Agustín Gusto restaurant,.
More than 18 thousand tons of octopus have been caught this season on the Yucatecan coast
Mérida, Yucatán, (October 21, 2021).- The.
World Osteoporosis Day call to prioritize post-fracture care
A post-fracture care coordination programme is.
There are 1,252 confirmed buyers for the Tianguis Turístico 2021 in Mérida
After the pause due to the.
Disney launches Minnie Catrina, a ‘declaration of love’ to Mexico
The company explained that like its.
5 Things to Know About the Cancun Underwater Museum the MUSA
October 20, 2021.- Known locally as.
US Congressmen ‘explode’ against AMLO’s electric reform
The congressmen warned that it represents.
Compost can reduce trash going to landfills
50 percent of household garbage belongs.
Breast cancer cases double in Yucatán, these are the symptoms and risk factors
Mérida, Yucatán, (October 20, 2021).- In Yucatán,.