A statement to Mexico and its people from a group of foreign residents in Merida:
– We feel the need to voice our solidarity and intent to help our adopted country any way we can.
– We recognize the important role Mexico and its people play in the economy and social fabric of the United States.
– We have chosen to make our home here in Mexico and despite the current US politics, we stand with our Mexican neighbors.
– We have always felt welcomed by Mexican hospitality and embraced by the people.
– We are embarrassed by the treatment of Mexico and its people by our current government.
– We believe in open arms, not closed walls.
– If more walls are built, we have shovels.
Signed: Sus Vecinos y Amigos
Sus Vecinos y Amigos is a group of foreign residents of Merida, Yucatan.
The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are those of the writers and not necessarily those of The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
Villa María: a beautiful Yucatecan house with a private clear-water cenote
In a large house in Mérida.
Learn about the healing properties of Chaya and Moringa
Mérida, Yucatán, (April 14, 2021).- During.
Ch’uy Aktún: The Jaguar Grotto in Ticul
Ticul, Yucatan (April 16, 2021) (Carlos Augusto.
The First Caribbean Journalism Festival will discuss feminism
The event will take place from.
“Unknown” is the name of the new boutique hotel inaugurated by the governor in Santiago
Governor Mauricio Vila Dosal inaugurated the.
San Felipe, the colorful town in Yucatán
San Felipe, Yucatán, (April 16, 2021).-.
Texas Governor asks Joe Biden to designate Mexican drug cartels as “terrorists”
TEXAS, UNITED STATES, (April 15, 2021).-.
Merida citizens pay tribute to Pedro Infante with virtual activities
Today is one more death anniversary.
Art of Oaxaca will shine in the ninth edition of the International Reading Fair of Yucatán
The event, organized by the Autonomous.
Belize to lift curfew on Thursday, April 15th
The land border with Mexico will.