A statement to Mexico and its people from a group of foreign residents in Merida:
– We feel the need to voice our solidarity and intent to help our adopted country any way we can.
– We recognize the important role Mexico and its people play in the economy and social fabric of the United States.
– We have chosen to make our home here in Mexico and despite the current US politics, we stand with our Mexican neighbors.
– We have always felt welcomed by Mexican hospitality and embraced by the people.
– We are embarrassed by the treatment of Mexico and its people by our current government.
– We believe in open arms, not closed walls.
– If more walls are built, we have shovels.
Signed: Sus Vecinos y Amigos
Sus Vecinos y Amigos is a group of foreign residents of Merida, Yucatan.
The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are those of the writers and not necessarily those of The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
The New Master Distiller of Patrón Tequila is David Rodriguez
Rodriguez was previously Patrón’s director general.
INM authorities retain foreigners at immigration filters in Cancun
The National Migration Institute (INM) restarted.
Watching foreign television from your home in Mexico
A great way to improve your.
Where can Americans travel today?
The European Union has barred U.S. travelers,.
Mérida therapist provides renewed sense of health and wellbeing
A new health platform named “aisa.
5 Benefits of Early Retirement in Mexico
Achieving an early retirement means having.
Merida English Library offers new “Book Drop Slot”
Warm greetings from your Merida English.
Tulum Jungle Gym has eco-friendly equipment and is right on the beach
Tulum Jungle Gym is often referred to.
F1 Mexican pilot Sergio Perez tests positive for COVID-19
Racing Point Formula One team driver Sergio Perez will miss.
Cervantino International Festival will hold its first-ever online edition
The 48th edition of the Cervantino.