A statement to Mexico and its people from a group of foreign residents in Merida:
– We feel the need to voice our solidarity and intent to help our adopted country any way we can.
– We recognize the important role Mexico and its people play in the economy and social fabric of the United States.
– We have chosen to make our home here in Mexico and despite the current US politics, we stand with our Mexican neighbors.
– We have always felt welcomed by Mexican hospitality and embraced by the people.
– We are embarrassed by the treatment of Mexico and its people by our current government.
– We believe in open arms, not closed walls.
– If more walls are built, we have shovels.
Signed: Sus Vecinos y Amigos
Sus Vecinos y Amigos is a group of foreign residents of Merida, Yucatan.
The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are those of the writers and not necessarily those of The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
Mexican Superstars Los Tigres Del Norte join Latin celebration at Super Bowl LIV Feb. 2.
The legendary Regional Mexican band will.
Happy Chinese New Year 2020! Year of the Rat
The Rat is the first of.
How to dress a toddler
It seems that all the difficulties.
Want to learn Spanish fast? Here are eight tips for the intensive lessons
There are several quick ways to.
A new museum in the Yucatán celebrates the traditional clothing of Mexico
The colonial town of Valladolid, located.
Stuck in Cancun: Dream vacation becomes nightmare after Canadian airline cancels flight
LONDON, ONT. — A London family.
Start the new year with a nourishing RESTORATIVE+NIDRA YOGA session
Now that the holiday decorations have.
QuinTango, one of Washington’s finest instrumental ensembles to perform at MEL, Jan. 15th
You can’t miss MEL’s Grand Re-opening.
Canadian families are adopting Yucatan ‘stray dogs’
Canadian families are adopting Yucatan ‘street.
These are Mexico’s New Official Immigration Fees for 2020
Mexico’s Ministry of the Interior (Secretaria.