A statement to Mexico and its people from a group of foreign residents in Merida:
– We feel the need to voice our solidarity and intent to help our adopted country any way we can.
– We recognize the important role Mexico and its people play in the economy and social fabric of the United States.
– We have chosen to make our home here in Mexico and despite the current US politics, we stand with our Mexican neighbors.
– We have always felt welcomed by Mexican hospitality and embraced by the people.
– We are embarrassed by the treatment of Mexico and its people by our current government.
– We believe in open arms, not closed walls.
– If more walls are built, we have shovels.
Signed: Sus Vecinos y Amigos
Sus Vecinos y Amigos is a group of foreign residents of Merida, Yucatan.
The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are those of the writers and not necessarily those of The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
Mexico’s Graphic Artistry
The dominance of Hollywood imagery in.
5 Mexico Beaches on International Living’s World’s Best List
Most people who dream about retiring.
Las Coloradas: The Unbelievable Pink Lakes of the Yucatan (VIDEO)
Hidden away on the tip of.
How Does Filtered Water Provide Balance to the Body?
A balance of fluids in the.
American actor Nicholas Cage to visit San Miguel de Allende as GIFF’s guest of honor
For the Guanajuato International Film Festival.
Whale skeleton one of the new attractions of the International Malecon de Progreso
The restored skeleton of a grey.
San Miguel de Allende: Travel+Leisure’s best destination in Mexico for 4th consecutive year
It was No. 1 in the.
Maya language will be taught via Whatsapp
Through the electronic messaging cell phone.
How Long Does Vape Juice Last and How Should You Store It?
How long does vape juice last?.
American children are moving to Mexico in record numbers
While most of the current news.