A statement to Mexico and its people from a group of foreign residents in Merida:
– We feel the need to voice our solidarity and intent to help our adopted country any way we can.
– We recognize the important role Mexico and its people play in the economy and social fabric of the United States.
– We have chosen to make our home here in Mexico and despite the current US politics, we stand with our Mexican neighbors.
– We have always felt welcomed by Mexican hospitality and embraced by the people.
– We are embarrassed by the treatment of Mexico and its people by our current government.
– We believe in open arms, not closed walls.
– If more walls are built, we have shovels.
Signed: Sus Vecinos y Amigos
Sus Vecinos y Amigos is a group of foreign residents of Merida, Yucatan.
The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are those of the writers and not necessarily those of The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
Puerto Vallarta is recognized as the world’s second most important beach destination for the LGBT community
Puerto Vallarta is internationally recognized as.
“The Big Bang Theory” is over
CBS aired the sitcom’s last two.
Noche Blanca at La Cupula features the work of Pablo Tut
This Friday, May 17 – At.
Top African Soccer Rivalries
Matches between two rival teams from.
Mérida Expat blogger dies unexpectedly
Rachel Jones, aka the “Hippie In.
Loss of OHIP Out-of-Country Coverage hits Snowbirds
The Ontario government confirmed on May.
“Tenth Annual Wind Festival” features Kitesurfers from all over the world
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico – Kitesurfers from.
¡Feliz Día de la Madre!
For Mexicans, May 10th is the.
The Port is looking for “The New Voice of Progreso”
Progreso, Yucatán. May 9, 2019. -”.
Lila Downs sings to immigrants in her latest album “Al Chile”
“People feel uncomfortable when it comes.