Mexico’s president has responded to Donald Trump’s decision to build a border wall, repeating that his country would not pay for it.
President Enrique Peña Nieto did not address reports that he was “considering” cancelling next week’s visit to Washington following Mr Trump’s order to begin construction of the wall between the two countries.
In a recorded address televised nationally, Peña Nieto said: “I regret and reject the decision of the US to build the wall.”
Earlier on Wednesday January 25, an official told The Associated Press the Peña Nieto administration “is considering” scrapping the January 31 visit.
Trump launched broad but divisive plans to reshape US immigration and national security policy on Wednesday.
In addition to ordering the construction of the wall, he also demanded punishment for cities shielding illegal immigrants and said he was mulling restoring a CIA secret detention programme.
Click here for full article on The Guardian.
Leave a Comment