The U.S. Consulate General in Merida issued the following advisory on Wednesday Jan. 18.
The U.S. Consulate General in Merida informs U.S. citizens that local authorities have lifted the January 17, 2017 “Code Red” shelter in place guidance. Local authorities report the situation is calm in downtown Cancun. In the aftermath of yesterday’s incidents, you may note an increased police presence in downtown Cancun and the Hotel Zone. No reports of shooting occurred in the Hotel Zone. The roads between Cancun’s international airport and the Cancun Hotel Zone and destinations on the Riviera Maya remain open and unobstructed. You may want to ask your hotel before arriving or departing to check road conditions.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Merida, located at Calle 60 #338K por 29 y 31 Colonia Alcalá Martín Mérida, Yucatán, open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You may also call 011-52-999-942-5700 during normal business hours and after-hours.
- Contact information for the U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website. · Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Source: U.S. Consulate General Merida
more recommended stories
It is urgent that hosting platforms in Yucatan pay Taxes
They point out that they do.
Cancun Is Getting a New All-Inclusive From Royal Resorts
A new hotel is coming to.
Mérida mayor participates in global climate change summit in Madrid, Spain
The municipal president of Mérida, Renán.
Fishermen overwhelm Mexico’s Gulf of California to capture endangered totoaba fish (VIDEO)
A conservation group trying to protect.
Alcohol sale hours on Sundays will not be extended this holiday season in Yucatan
The measure is taken in order.
Hacienda denies resources for 800 projects in Yucatan State Municipalities
Resources to finance 800 infrastructure works.
Red bench will make violence against women visible in Yucatán
The installation and unveiling of the.
Reopening of “El Corchito” ecotourism reserve
“The ecotourism reserve of “El Corchito”.
A new secret passage is discoved in the Maya city of Uxmal
MÉRIDA, Yucatan (Times Media Mexico) –.
Dems unveil charges against Trump
Articles of impeachment are officially on.