The U.S. Consulate General in Merida issued the following advisory on Wednesday Jan. 18.
The U.S. Consulate General in Merida informs U.S. citizens that local authorities have lifted the January 17, 2017 “Code Red” shelter in place guidance. Local authorities report the situation is calm in downtown Cancun. In the aftermath of yesterday’s incidents, you may note an increased police presence in downtown Cancun and the Hotel Zone. No reports of shooting occurred in the Hotel Zone. The roads between Cancun’s international airport and the Cancun Hotel Zone and destinations on the Riviera Maya remain open and unobstructed. You may want to ask your hotel before arriving or departing to check road conditions.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Merida, located at Calle 60 #338K por 29 y 31 Colonia Alcalá Martín Mérida, Yucatán, open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You may also call 011-52-999-942-5700 during normal business hours and after-hours.
- Contact information for the U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website. · Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Source: U.S. Consulate General Merida
more recommended stories
Projection shows Cancun and other destinations underwater if sea level rises 10 meters
Cancun, Quintana Roo (July 3, 2020).-.
One dead after shooting in Kanasín, Yucatán
KANASÍN, YUCATÁN.- On the evening of.
Woman in Chicxulub claims that she owns the beach
A Yucatecan woman was caught on.
Hotel Villa Mercedes Mérida joins Hilton’s “Curio Collection” family.
Starting in August, the Villa Mercedes.
Heatwave will hit almost all the United States territory
A sweltering summer heat wave will.
Tragic incident in downtown Mérida: A 79-year-old man dies
MÉRIDA.- A 79-year-old man died when.
Mérida police apprehend the “cannibal” of Leandro Valle
Agents of the State Investigative Police.
Spain court approves Emilio Lozoya’s extradition to Mexico
Spain’s National Administrative Tribunal has agreed.
These travel destinations require proof of negative COVID-19 test
Travel is Back But Some Restrictions.
Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro tested positive.