The U.S. Consulate General in Merida issued the following advisory on Wednesday Jan. 18.
The U.S. Consulate General in Merida informs U.S. citizens that local authorities have lifted the January 17, 2017 “Code Red” shelter in place guidance. Local authorities report the situation is calm in downtown Cancun. In the aftermath of yesterday’s incidents, you may note an increased police presence in downtown Cancun and the Hotel Zone. No reports of shooting occurred in the Hotel Zone. The roads between Cancun’s international airport and the Cancun Hotel Zone and destinations on the Riviera Maya remain open and unobstructed. You may want to ask your hotel before arriving or departing to check road conditions.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Merida, located at Calle 60 #338K por 29 y 31 Colonia Alcalá Martín Mérida, Yucatán, open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You may also call 011-52-999-942-5700 during normal business hours and after-hours.
- Contact information for the U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website. · Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Source: U.S. Consulate General Merida
more recommended stories
US military to set up tents for migrants on southern border
Washington (AFP) – The American military.
Mexico to auction expensive sports cars seized from criminals
Mexico City (AFP) – Mexico announced.
Boys and girls sing the Mexican National Anthem in Maya language (VIDEO)
Lyrics that give us identity to.
Andrea kicks off the 2019 Atlantic hurricane season early
On Monday May 20th, a low.
“Chief Saidén is not going anywhere” (Mauricio Vila Dosal)
In relation to the rumors and.
Museo de la Luz (Museum of Light) breaks ground in Mérida’s La Plancha
On Tuesday May 21st, the National.
Cuba still welcomes American tourists despite Trump restrictions
VARADERO, Cuba (AP) — The battle.
Guatemalan teen dies at Border Patrol station, 5th minor to die in US custody in 6 months
PHOENIX – A 16-year-old boy diagnosed.
Cruise the ocean with gourmet food, craft cocktails and the best of the digital world
PORT OF SAN FRANCISCO — We’re.
Come to the Yucatan…
Standing barefoot on a wooden jetty.