The U.S. Consulate General in Merida issued the following advisory on Wednesday Jan. 18.
The U.S. Consulate General in Merida informs U.S. citizens that local authorities have lifted the January 17, 2017 “Code Red” shelter in place guidance. Local authorities report the situation is calm in downtown Cancun. In the aftermath of yesterday’s incidents, you may note an increased police presence in downtown Cancun and the Hotel Zone. No reports of shooting occurred in the Hotel Zone. The roads between Cancun’s international airport and the Cancun Hotel Zone and destinations on the Riviera Maya remain open and unobstructed. You may want to ask your hotel before arriving or departing to check road conditions.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Merida, located at Calle 60 #338K por 29 y 31 Colonia Alcalá Martín Mérida, Yucatán, open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You may also call 011-52-999-942-5700 during normal business hours and after-hours.
- Contact information for the U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website. · Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Source: U.S. Consulate General Merida
more recommended stories
Cold front No 29 will affect Quintana Roo
Fresh winds and a partially cloudy.
White House economic adviser recognices: “Shutdown damage is worse than initially estimated”
WASHINGTON D.C.-The U.S. economy is taking.
Fake editions of The Washington Post handed out in D.C. -Video-
Activists distributed hundreds of fake “special.
AMLO´s Government Debuts in Global Markets With Debt Issuance Of 2,000 Million Dollars
MEXICO (Bloomberg).- Lopez Obrador´s new government.
Hondurans form a new US-bound caravan
Another caravan of Central American migrants.
According to trial witness, “El Chapo” wanted to direct film about his own life
According to Yahoo News, Joaquin “El.
Fonatur (Fondo Nacional de Promoción Turística) in bankruptcy
The National Fund for Tourism Promotion.
Pentagon extends mission to Mexico border through September
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. military.
‘El Chapo’ paid former Mexican president Peña Nieto $100 million bribe: trial witness
Jan 15 (Reuters) – Accused Mexican.
3 Tips That Will Make Your Stay in Yucatán More Enjoyable
Yucatán has always been one of.