The U.S. Consulate General in Merida issued the following advisory on Wednesday Jan. 18.
The U.S. Consulate General in Merida informs U.S. citizens that local authorities have lifted the January 17, 2017 “Code Red” shelter in place guidance. Local authorities report the situation is calm in downtown Cancun. In the aftermath of yesterday’s incidents, you may note an increased police presence in downtown Cancun and the Hotel Zone. No reports of shooting occurred in the Hotel Zone. The roads between Cancun’s international airport and the Cancun Hotel Zone and destinations on the Riviera Maya remain open and unobstructed. You may want to ask your hotel before arriving or departing to check road conditions.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Merida, located at Calle 60 #338K por 29 y 31 Colonia Alcalá Martín Mérida, Yucatán, open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You may also call 011-52-999-942-5700 during normal business hours and after-hours.
- Contact information for the U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website. · Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Source: U.S. Consulate General Merida
more recommended stories
In the middle of the night, a man drowned at the Chelem Ría in Progreso, Yucatan
Progreso, Yucatán, (October 16, 2021).- Due.
“Asociación de Cantineros” emerges strong in Merida
As a response to what they.
8-year-old girl suffers burns in Uayma, Yucatán and is urgently taken to a Texas hospital
Michou and Mau Foundation helps with.
Spectacular Blood Moon will be visible in Yucatan on October 20th
MÉRIDA, Yucatán, (October 16, 2021).- The.
Inclusive Entrepreneurship Fair will be held in December at Mérida´s ADO CAME former bus station
MÉRIDA, Yucatán, (October 16, 2021).- Work for.
Shooting at the Mexico City International Airport, 1 dead and 2 injured
Eduardo Beaven was preparing to make.
La Palma volcano unleashes ‘lava tsunami’
6,800 people evacuated as eruption becomes.
World Food Day: The Huge Global Waste
Mexico City, (October 16, 2021).- Food.
An elevated viaduct will be built to connect with the Progreso High Port
Progreso, Yucatán, (October 16, 2021).- In.
Different factors are fueling Mexico’s inflation
MEXICO CITY, Oct 14 (Reuters) –.