Mexico will delay until June 19 the announcement of winners for the next phase of its oil and gas sector opening to allow more companies to take part and to incorporate modifications suggested by industry, the Finance Ministry said on Thursday.
“The adjustments meet Mexico’s interest to guarantee greater involvement of companies in this auction,” the ministry said in a statement. “The adjustments also include the recommendations of industry aimed at increasing competition and investment.”
Mexico had planned to announce the winners of the first phase of the so-called Round Two tender, which includes 15 shallow water areas in the Gulf of Mexico, on March 22.
Earlier this month, Mexico auctioned off various deep water oil fields to investors from around the world, part of its drive to bring private sector capital into the industry. (Writing by Dave Graham; Editing by Bill Trott for REUTERS)
more recommended stories
Izamal’s Chaltun Ha pyramid becomes the new tourist attraction in the area
With the inauguration of the Chaltún.
Two men assault Situr bus driver in Mérida and wounded him with a knife
In an incident that never happened.
Survey says perception of security for Mérida residents is one of the best in the country
Mérida is one of the five.
New Marina projected for the Celestún harbor
A gasoline distribution company promotes the.
April 23rd… World Book Day
April 23rd… World Book Day also.
Fires in Yucatan with unrelenting force
OXKUTZCAB Yucatan (TYT). – Agents of.
Tourists leave more garbage than economic benefits in El Cuyo, Yucatán
The garbage left by visitors in.
Suspect of Canadian citizen’s murder arrested
MOTUL Yucatan (SSP). – Agents of.
Earth Day 2019: humans are killing the planet
Climate change is real and increasingly a.
AMLO reinforces security in Veracruz after massacre
Mexico President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.