Follow Chuck Bolotin, from Best Places in the World to Retire, as he, his wife, and two dogs drive through Mexico in a large, white van. This is the most recent story and describes the beaches around La Paz, Baja California Sur.
Within the creation of any great work of art, you can usually see certain elements of that great work in several previous works, but none of those previous works have all the elements at one time. It is the same with great beaches. You probably have your own list of the elements that make up a great beach. Here’s the list for my wife, Jet Metier:
- Warm weather.
- A cove or a bay, perhaps with a view of an island.
- Warm, clear water (preferably different shades of blue).
- White, powdery sand.
- Gentle access (no hard slopes), and easy to walk on.
- Clear skies.
- Few people.
- Safe conditions.
- Clean, with a place to put trash.
- Unthreatening marine flora and fauna
- A place where the dogs can play safely (not be attacked by other dogs, get swept out to sea, etc.)…
Click here for the full article.
Leave a Comment