The company QS has unveiled its ranking of the best universities in Latin America for 2016, and the results are a bit different with respect to the 2015 count.
In first place for 2016 is the University of Sao Paulo, followed by the University of Estadual de Campinas is located, the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, the National Autonomous University of Mexico, the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, the University of Chile, the TEC Monterrey, Universidad de los Andes of Colombia, the University of Brasilia and the National University of Colombia. These institutions make up the survey’s ”top 10.”
The count consists of 300 institutions of higher learning and is based on the reputation of the academy, teachers, quality of students, the research of each and international contributions that their members make to international knowledge .
These Mexican universities made the list:
10) Universidad de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP). 56 overall.
9) Autonomous University of the State of Mexico (UAEMex). 55 overall.
8) Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon (UANL). 53 overall.
7) University of Guadalajara (UdeG). 51 overall.
6) Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico (ITAM). 39 overall.
5) National Polytechnic Institute (IPN). 32 overall.
4) Autonomous Metropolitan University (UAM). 30 overall.
3) University Iberoamericana (UIA). 23 overall.
2) Institute of Technology and Higher Studies of Monterrey. 7 overall.
1) National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). 4 overall.
For the complete list, click here.
more recommended stories
Camazotz: the Maya Batman
In Maya mythology there is a.
Ochoa-Lopez murder: Baby boy cut from mother’s womb opens eyes for the first time
A baby boy, cut from his.
Yucatán beekeepers to receive more and better support from state government
The Yucatan state government and apicultural.
AMLO orders end to corporate tax breaks in Mexico
MEXICO CITY, May 20 (Reuters) –.
Climate change improves production of habanero pepper in Yucatán
“Facing the climate change that prevails.
Google suspends business with Huawei after Trump blacklist
Alphabet Inc’s Google has suspended business.
On World Bee Day, actions are needed to Save the Bees
The United Nations designated May 20.
Morehouse College grads are surprised by a billionaire’s promise
Atlanta, GA (CNN) – Morehouse College.
Father of slain pregnant teen blames ‘anti-immigrant laws’ for delay in investigation
The father of a pregnant teenager found.
Trump ‘engaged in impeachable conduct’… GOP Rep. Justin Amash.
Justin Amash is the first GOP.