The company QS has unveiled its ranking of the best universities in Latin America for 2016, and the results are a bit different with respect to the 2015 count.
In first place for 2016 is the University of Sao Paulo, followed by the University of Estadual de Campinas is located, the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, the National Autonomous University of Mexico, the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, the University of Chile, the TEC Monterrey, Universidad de los Andes of Colombia, the University of Brasilia and the National University of Colombia. These institutions make up the survey’s ”top 10.”
The count consists of 300 institutions of higher learning and is based on the reputation of the academy, teachers, quality of students, the research of each and international contributions that their members make to international knowledge .
These Mexican universities made the list:
10) Universidad de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP). 56 overall.
9) Autonomous University of the State of Mexico (UAEMex). 55 overall.
8) Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon (UANL). 53 overall.
7) University of Guadalajara (UdeG). 51 overall.
6) Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico (ITAM). 39 overall.
5) National Polytechnic Institute (IPN). 32 overall.
4) Autonomous Metropolitan University (UAM). 30 overall.
3) University Iberoamericana (UIA). 23 overall.
2) Institute of Technology and Higher Studies of Monterrey. 7 overall.
1) National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). 4 overall.
For the complete list, click here.
more recommended stories
U.S and Mexico to launch plan against arms smuggling at border
The Mexican government said Monday it.
33 destinations along the coast of Quintana Roo register massive arrival of sargassum
The Sargasso Cancun Monitoring Network reported.
Another exhausted carriage horse collapses, this time in Izamal
The image of a carriage horse.
“Pet of the Year” contest to be held in Mérida
On Friday July 19, registrations to.
Yucatan cenotes to be sanitized with biotechnology
MERIDA, Yucatan (Times Media Mexico) –.
The Mexican Caribbean: 2,000 rooms emptier today than a year ago
CANCUN Quintana Roo (Agencies) – The.
International Monetary Fund cuts growth forecast for Mexico.
AMLO underestimates IMF forecast since, as.
Director Gus Van Sant received the Silver Cross in San Miguel de Allende
“It’s a real pleasure to be.
Tulum, Quintana Roo: Summer Destination Revolution
Just 90 minutes south of Cancun.
Two tourists executed in Petatlán, Guerrero
Two tourists, a man and a.