The company QS has unveiled its ranking of the best universities in Latin America for 2016, and the results are a bit different with respect to the 2015 count.
In first place for 2016 is the University of Sao Paulo, followed by the University of Estadual de Campinas is located, the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, the National Autonomous University of Mexico, the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, the University of Chile, the TEC Monterrey, Universidad de los Andes of Colombia, the University of Brasilia and the National University of Colombia. These institutions make up the survey’s ”top 10.”
The count consists of 300 institutions of higher learning and is based on the reputation of the academy, teachers, quality of students, the research of each and international contributions that their members make to international knowledge .
These Mexican universities made the list:
10) Universidad de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP). 56 overall.
9) Autonomous University of the State of Mexico (UAEMex). 55 overall.
8) Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon (UANL). 53 overall.
7) University of Guadalajara (UdeG). 51 overall.
6) Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico (ITAM). 39 overall.
5) National Polytechnic Institute (IPN). 32 overall.
4) Autonomous Metropolitan University (UAM). 30 overall.
3) University Iberoamericana (UIA). 23 overall.
2) Institute of Technology and Higher Studies of Monterrey. 7 overall.
1) National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). 4 overall.
For the complete list, click here.
more recommended stories
Meet the new Mexican Congress and its Sixty-Fourth Legislature
As we all know on July.
Activists clean up cenotes in Yucatan
The garbage accumulated in the Yucatan.
Yucatán, not initially included in the Maya Train project is now a key role player
During the second meeting of the.
Mérida is ready for “La Feria del Pib” on Sunday October 28
The time of one of the.
“Michael” caused another massive arrival of sargassum to the coasts of Quintana Roo
Hurricane “Michael” generated rains, strong winds.
Quintana Roo’s Yum Balam Reserve bans plastic
The Official Gazette of the Federation.
SEDECULTA’s museums and theaters will be part of La Noche Blanca in its tenth edition
The tenth edition of La Noche.
Yucatán is ready for “Festival de las Ánimas”
The government of Yucatan announced that.
Mexico has 10 new Magic Towns
The following locations are added to.
Canada to become the largest country in the world to fully legalize recreational marijuana
This week, Canada becomes the second.