Vatican released the full schedule of Pope Francis’ trip to Mexico:
Friday 12 February 2016
- 12:30 Departure from Rome’s Fiumicino Airport for Mexico City
- 19:30 Arrival at “Benito Juárez” International Airport in Mexico City
- Official Reception
Saturday 13 February 2016
- 09:30 Welcoming ceremony at the National Palace (Zócalo, Mexico City)
- Courtesy Visit to the President of the Republic
- 10:15 Meeting with Civil Authorities and Diplomatic Corps (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 11:30 Meeting with the Bishops of Mexico in the Cathedral (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 17:00 Holy Mass in the Basilica of Guadalupe (Homily by the Holy Father)
Sunday 14 February 2016
- 09:20 Transfer by helicopter to Ecatepec
- 10:30 Holy Mass in the area of the Study Centre of Ecatepec (Homily/Angelus by the Holy Father)
- 12:50 Transfer by helicopter to Mexico City
- 13:10 Arrival in Mexico City
- 16:30 Visit to the Pediatric Hospital “Federico Gómez” (Greetings by the Holy Father)
- 18:00 Meeting with the World of Culture in the National Auditorium (Discourse by the Holy Father)
Monday 15 February 2016
- 07:30 Departure by plane for Tuxtla Gutiérrez
- 09:15 Transfer by helicopter to San Cristóbal de Las Casas
- 10:15 Holy Mass with the indigenous community of Chiapas Municipal Sports (Homily by the Holy Father)
- 13:00 Lunch with indigenous representatives and the Papal entourage
- 15:00 Visit to the Cathedral of San Cristòbal de las Casas
- 15:35 Transfer by helicopter to Tuxtla Gutiérrez
- 16:15 Meeting with Families in “Víctor Manuel Reyna” Stadium at Tuxtla Gutiérrez (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 18:10 Departure by plane for Mexico City
- 20:00 Arrival at the airport in Mexico City
Tuesday 16 February 2016
- 07:50 Departure by airplane for Morelia
- 10:00 Holy Mass with priests, religious, consecrated persons, and seminarians (Homily by the Holy Father)
- 15:15 Visit to the Cathedral
- 16:30 Meeting with Young People at “José María Morelos y Pavón” Stadium (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 18:55 Departure by plane for Mexico City
- 20:00 Arrival in Mexico City
Wednesday 17 February 2016
- 08:35 Departure by plane for Ciudad Juárez
- 10:00 Arrival at “Abraham González” International Airport in Ciudad Juárez
- 10:30 Visit to Ciudad Juárez prison (CeReSo n.3) (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 12:00 Meeting with the World of Work at the Colegio de Bachilleres dello Stato of Chihuahua (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 16:00 Holy Mass at the fairgrounds of Ciudad Juárez (Homily + greeting by the Holy Father)
- 19:00 Departure Ceremony at Ciudad Juárez International Airport
- 19:15 Departure by plane for Rome (Ciampino Airport)
more recommended stories
Make Your Play in Yucatán
Yucatán Peninsula casinos and hotels are.
Will the Maya Train project put the jaguar population in risk?
Businessman José María Riobóo name was.
Take the new guided tour of Mérida’s Paseo de Montejo!
On December 10, The City of.
Photo of child playing and bathing in a river with jaguars goes viral
The image of a child swimming.
Activists and municipal authorities clean up the “Ek Bis” cenote in Hoctún, Yucatán
Around 70 people, including volunteers and.
Tonantzin, the deity behind the Virgen of Guadalupe cult.
The virgin of Guadalupe has been,.
López Obrador acknowledges effectiveness of the Yucatan Police
Mexican president Andrés Manuel López Obrador.
Number of foreign tourists in Mexico grows by 6.5%
The tourism industry in Mexico continues.
What is an “Aguinaldo” and how is it calculated?
The Aguinaldo or “Christmas bonus” is.
American Senator Chuck Schumer calls Trump wall threat ‘temper tantrum’
A closed-door meeting between President Donald.