Vatican released the full schedule of Pope Francis’ trip to Mexico:
Friday 12 February 2016
- 12:30 Departure from Rome’s Fiumicino Airport for Mexico City
- 19:30 Arrival at “Benito Juárez” International Airport in Mexico City
- Official Reception
Saturday 13 February 2016
- 09:30 Welcoming ceremony at the National Palace (Zócalo, Mexico City)
- Courtesy Visit to the President of the Republic
- 10:15 Meeting with Civil Authorities and Diplomatic Corps (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 11:30 Meeting with the Bishops of Mexico in the Cathedral (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 17:00 Holy Mass in the Basilica of Guadalupe (Homily by the Holy Father)
Sunday 14 February 2016
- 09:20 Transfer by helicopter to Ecatepec
- 10:30 Holy Mass in the area of the Study Centre of Ecatepec (Homily/Angelus by the Holy Father)
- 12:50 Transfer by helicopter to Mexico City
- 13:10 Arrival in Mexico City
- 16:30 Visit to the Pediatric Hospital “Federico Gómez” (Greetings by the Holy Father)
- 18:00 Meeting with the World of Culture in the National Auditorium (Discourse by the Holy Father)
Monday 15 February 2016
- 07:30 Departure by plane for Tuxtla Gutiérrez
- 09:15 Transfer by helicopter to San Cristóbal de Las Casas
- 10:15 Holy Mass with the indigenous community of Chiapas Municipal Sports (Homily by the Holy Father)
- 13:00 Lunch with indigenous representatives and the Papal entourage
- 15:00 Visit to the Cathedral of San Cristòbal de las Casas
- 15:35 Transfer by helicopter to Tuxtla Gutiérrez
- 16:15 Meeting with Families in “Víctor Manuel Reyna” Stadium at Tuxtla Gutiérrez (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 18:10 Departure by plane for Mexico City
- 20:00 Arrival at the airport in Mexico City
Tuesday 16 February 2016
- 07:50 Departure by airplane for Morelia
- 10:00 Holy Mass with priests, religious, consecrated persons, and seminarians (Homily by the Holy Father)
- 15:15 Visit to the Cathedral
- 16:30 Meeting with Young People at “José María Morelos y Pavón” Stadium (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 18:55 Departure by plane for Mexico City
- 20:00 Arrival in Mexico City
Wednesday 17 February 2016
- 08:35 Departure by plane for Ciudad Juárez
- 10:00 Arrival at “Abraham González” International Airport in Ciudad Juárez
- 10:30 Visit to Ciudad Juárez prison (CeReSo n.3) (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 12:00 Meeting with the World of Work at the Colegio de Bachilleres dello Stato of Chihuahua (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 16:00 Holy Mass at the fairgrounds of Ciudad Juárez (Homily + greeting by the Holy Father)
- 19:00 Departure Ceremony at Ciudad Juárez International Airport
- 19:15 Departure by plane for Rome (Ciampino Airport)
more recommended stories
Conversaciones con Amigos at Merida English Library
“Monday evenings from 7 to 9.
Spider monkey found inside a cage in a Mérida restaurant
Mérida, Yucatán.- The Federal Procurator for.
Strong earthquake below the coast of Guerrero, Mexico – March 20, 2018
Two earthquakes shook Mexico near Pinotepa.
Mérida among the Best Travel International Destinations
Time’s MONEY magazine announced its annual.
At least 50 million Facebook profiles harvested for Cambridge Analytica
Cambridge Analytica, the company at the.
Fitch confirms Mexico’s good rating, but warns of AMLO risks
The rating agency Fitch Ratings confirmed the credit rating of.
“Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”: Expert
“Just a few years ago, Yucatan.
Members of the “Antorchista” Mexican political organization march the streets of Mérida
According to estimations of the state.
Mexico, Inditex fifth most important market in 2017
The expansion and growth of the.
Explosions rattle Austin, Texas
A deadly string of unsolved bombings in.