Community Marketing & Insights has provided LGBT research, market insights, strategies and training to corporate leaders around the world since 1992. They are constantly highlighting the importance of the LGBT travel market. Here are some of the results presented at the Community Marketing & Insight marketing conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, that took place from December 9-11, 2015.
The 9th Annual LGBT Community Survey® Report focuses on data of over 15,000 self-identified gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender United States residents.
– Most LGBT travelers in the U.S. are between 25-45 years old, make more than US$100,000 a year, are college educated, travel 3-4 times a year and are active health-conscious entertainment seekers.
– LGBT travelers spend 33% more than their heterosexual counterpart. They are 13 times likely to take more than 9 trips per year. Gays and lesbians take 4-6 leisure trips per year, compared to 1- 2 trips for the average U.S. traveler.
– American air carriers and travel operators are focusing on LGBT outbound market from major U.S. cities such as New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Cleveland, Seattle, Los Angeles or San Diego to key destinations including Palm Springs, Hawaii, Puerto Vallarta and Playa del Carmen, among others. LGBT travelers are a natural fit to support these key destinations.
– 6.2% of all travelers from San Francisco are LGBT, 4.8% from Seattle, 4.6% from Los Angeles.
– Online advertising campaigns targeting this market segment are appealing to creative ads and commercials using catchy “double meaning” phrases and hashtags:
- #Flywithpride and get a 10% discount.
- “The LGBT community has come so far. Let us fly you the rest of the way.”
- We’d like to be your domestic partner. International, too.”
– More and more companies are trying to attract LGBT travelers, using Content Marketing strategies, such as editorial partnerships, event/ community engagement and social media outreach.
– Some Airlines engaged potential clients in real time. Ads such as “equality for every seat” and the “pride discount” were a big success.
– More Gay Travel webpages are being introduced, with exclusive content and always avoiding the use of stereotypes and clichés that alienate or re-enforce negative images of LGBT individuals.
by TYT Newsroom with information from Community Marketing & Insights
more recommended stories
11 year-old girl will represent Yucatan at World Mathematics Olympiad in Bulgaria
To get to Molas you have.
Mérida attracts Chinese business sector attention
A delegation of the municipal government.
Yucatán national leader in avant garde technological solutions
Scientific staff will learn to market.
Your Best Guide to Vape Pens
We’re sure you’ve heard about the.
Fake photo brings out real issues
Social media users began circulating a.
As he continues leading the polls, AMLO has surrounded himself with mainstream economists
Mexican front runner presidential candidate Andrés.
Rate President Donald Trump’s Job Performance
Newsmax.com, America’s leading independent news service,.
Mérida, among the 10 best cities for doing business: “Entrepeneur”
During the present municipal administration Mérida.
Trump told Shinzo: “I can hand you over ’25 million Mexicans’ to give you a taste of the migration problem”
President Donald Trump reportedly made some.
Mérida breaks ground for the new “Litoteca Nacional de Yucatán”
MÉRIDA, Yuc.- The inauguration ceremony of.