The “Paseo de las Animas” (Procession of the Souls) is scheduled to start today at 6 pm 0n the corner of “El Diamante”, located on Calle 64 (between 73 and 75), to Merida’s General Cemetery, passing by the Ermita de Santa Isabel.
The procession of souls features young people and children dressed in the typical Yucatecan costume and characterized as dead. They are all part of the folklore groups from the State Department of Culture. This year, a regional altar from the state of Veracruz will be displayed.
During the itinerary there will be altars installed by neighbors, Citizen Participation Councils, civil associations, schools and offices, among others; along with artistic and cultural presentations.
This year, a total of 324 volunteers signed up to build the altars, 14 from civil associations, 16 from Integral Development Centers, one more by the Merida “comisarías”, 128 made from the Citizen Participation Council, 23 from other Yucatecan municipalities, 10 from private companies, 6 from schools and 80 are local residents.
All activities are free addmission.
– Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. The activity is basically to walk the path with “souls”. The exhibition includes several streets (some with cobblestones).
– Be aware that many of the surrounding streets will be closed.
– If you park your car in a parking lot, be ready for a relatively long walk .
– The altars will be ready for visitors at 6 pm.
– The procession (with characterized people) starts at 7 pm in the “Punta del Diamante”, Calle 64 between 73 and 75.
– At 7 pm there will be a “Vaquería of souls” in front of the Ermita de Santa Isabel.
– At 8:30 pm there will be a Mayan ceremony in the General Cemetery and 9 pm the “souls” go out in procession from the cemetery.
more recommended stories
K’u’uk: contemporary cuisine or pure alchemy?
Acknowledged at the Food and Travel.
Mérida, one of the best cities to live in Mexico (and the world)
Dan Prescher wrote an article for.
Hacienda Kancabchén: a call from a distant era just 15 miles away from Mérida
Hacienda Kancabchén maintains great part of.
Amazon launches new debit card in México
MEXICO CITY.- Banorte and Mastercard, together.
Over two thousand dogs and cats have been vaccinated in Valladolid
With the installation of seven locations.
Yucatecan pelicans and flamingos on the brink of becoming endangered species
“Pelicans and flamingos are some of.
Teacher Leaders Present an Innovative Blueprint for Relevant Learning in the Age of AI
What does the fourth industrial revolution.
New technology used in Yucatán to find people lost at sea
As part of a third aspect.
“Pet uh” Civil Association aims to promote Peto, Yucatán
PETO.- In the coming weeks the.
Mexico overtakes Brazil as the largest automobile producer in Latin America
Mexico registered a new record in.