The “Paseo de las Animas” (Procession of the Souls) is scheduled to start today at 6 pm 0n the corner of “El Diamante”, located on Calle 64 (between 73 and 75), to Merida’s General Cemetery, passing by the Ermita de Santa Isabel.
The procession of souls features young people and children dressed in the typical Yucatecan costume and characterized as dead. They are all part of the folklore groups from the State Department of Culture. This year, a regional altar from the state of Veracruz will be displayed.
During the itinerary there will be altars installed by neighbors, Citizen Participation Councils, civil associations, schools and offices, among others; along with artistic and cultural presentations.
This year, a total of 324 volunteers signed up to build the altars, 14 from civil associations, 16 from Integral Development Centers, one more by the Merida “comisarías”, 128 made from the Citizen Participation Council, 23 from other Yucatecan municipalities, 10 from private companies, 6 from schools and 80 are local residents.
All activities are free addmission.
– Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. The activity is basically to walk the path with “souls”. The exhibition includes several streets (some with cobblestones).
– Be aware that many of the surrounding streets will be closed.
– If you park your car in a parking lot, be ready for a relatively long walk .
– The altars will be ready for visitors at 6 pm.
– The procession (with characterized people) starts at 7 pm in the “Punta del Diamante”, Calle 64 between 73 and 75.
– At 7 pm there will be a “Vaquería of souls” in front of the Ermita de Santa Isabel.
– At 8:30 pm there will be a Mayan ceremony in the General Cemetery and 9 pm the “souls” go out in procession from the cemetery.
more recommended stories
Natgas shortage in Yucatán to continue – business leaders
According to bnamericas.com, Mexico’s Yucatán peninsula.
OPINION: The future of real estate in the new sexennium
On the last day of his.
Become a Non-Resident of Canada for Tax Purposes
Canadians residing in Mexico full time.
Austrian Symphony Orchestra will arrive in Yucatan in 2019
The University of Graz-Austria Symphony Orchestra.
Patient from Mérida’s Psychiatric Hospital steals delivery truck and smashes it into a wall
On Tuesday December 12th, a patient.
Mayor walks the streets of Progreso to meet citizen requests
Progreso Mayor Julián Zacarías Curi, accompanied.
The ‘hidden jewel’ of Yucatan that you must visit
Valladolid was named one of the.
New Arrivals on Netflix Mexico in December
December looks great on Netflix. The.
UNAM promotes creation of hummingbird gardens in order to improve ecology
Hummingbirds have a great ecological importance.
Mérida’s soccer team was bought years ago with money from the Sinaloa Cartel
Tirso ‘El Futbolista‘ Martinez Sanchez, a.