Hurricane Linda Current Status and Forecast:
- Hurricane Linda has strengthened rapidly several hundred miles south of the southern tip of Baja California.
- Linda was a 45 mph tropical storm late Sunday morning, but had intensified into a Category 2 hurricane with 100 mph winds 24 hours later on Monday morning.
- Linda is expected to continue to strengthen and could reach major hurricane status early this week while tracking northwest, remaining well off Mexico’s southwest Pacific coast and the Baja peninsula.
- Linda will trigger a surge of moisture into the U.S. Desert Southwest, leading to enhanced coverage of thunderstorms, there, Wednesday into Thursday. This includes parts of southern Arizona and southeast California.
- Some swells generated by Linda will eventually propagate toward the southern Baja peninsula this week.
more recommended stories
As usually for the last 30 years, Cancun will draw thousands of college students for “Spring Break 2019”
College students all over the US and.
AAA Adds Five Hotels in Mexico to Five Diamond List (two of them in the Yucatan Peninsula)
AAA has released its annual list of.
Yucatan Symphony Orchestra celebrates 15 years
The Yucatan Symphony Orchestra (OSY) will.
Municipal government began installing cultural-sites signage along Mérida’s downtown
With an investment of 170,000 pesos,.
19-year-old girl missing in Mérida finally found safe and sound
A 19-year-old girl left her home.
Several Reasons to Use Quotes in Your Presentation
A well-chosen quote can set a.
Whomever accuses the Church is related to the devil: Pope Francis
ROME (EFE).- Pope Francis criticized on.
Canadian company in Yucatan leaves hundreds of employees “hanging”
Workers ask for the intervention of.
Mérida’s Colonia Industrial residents concerned about lack of water
MERIDA .- “We have absolutely no.
Hate and extremism spikes across the US in anti-Latino hate crimes
“Why do you hate us?… Because.