A few days ago, The Yucatan Times published its intention to interview each one of the candidates running for Mayor of the city of Merida, Yucatan, Mexico and invited our readers to send their questions to the contenders. The answer was overwhelming obtaining almost 800 interrogations overall, which were gathered in 7 subjects.
- SURVEILLANCE AND SECURITY
- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
- GARBAGE COLLECTION.
- HISTORICAL CENTER
- GOVERNMENT AND ECONOMY
Here is Mauricio Vila’s background and some of the motives he has openly stated of why it is that he wants to become mayor of Merida.
Mauricio Vila Dosal was born in Merida Yucatán on March 30, 1980.
Lawyer, graduated from the Marist University of Merida (Universidad Marista de Mérida); he holds a Master in Business from the University of Phoenix, Arizona, and a Masters in Political Management and Strategic Governance from the George Washington University.
Mauricio Vila is married to Maria Eugenia Ortiz Abraham with whom he has two children: Alejandrina and Mauricio.
- Mexican businessman and politician for more than 10 years
- State councilor for the National Action Party PAN
- Local deputy of the National Action Party PAN.
- Secretary of State (PAN)
- Honorary Director of the Linking Committee
- Vila Dosal registered as candidate in the Municipal Committee of the PAN on January 7th, 2015
These are some of the main initiaives and proposals of Mauricio Vila as candidate for mayor of Merida:
- Intelligent Transport System
Mérida regional capital of sustainability
New culture of cycling in the city
Great Zoo of Merida
Cluster of sustainable energy companies
Cluster of entrepreneurs
Physical activation in parks and neighborhoods
Adequacy of public spaces
Hi-Tech agriculture systems
Rehabilitation of roads and new roads
More sports facilities for all Meridians
Technological platform for the competitiveness of SMEs
Two important highlights of candidate Mauricio Vila:
1. Mauricio Vila wants to improve the quality of life and opportunities for those who were born here and for those who chose to live in the “White City”, because we are all Meridians.
2. Vila says that the brand “Merida” should be synonymous with transparency, accountability, competitiveness, high quality public services, freedom of speech, respect for the law and trust in governmental institutions in order to attract new investments to ensure better paying jobs.
Don´t miss “One On One… Mauricio Vila Dosal Answers The Expats Questions Through The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
Mexican model Vanessa Ponce de Leon wins Miss World 2018 beauty contest
A Mexican model and volunteer was.
Battle between the US & Mexico over the US Dolphin Safe label comes to an end
More than a decade since Mexico.
Fentanyl lab busted in Mexico City
The Attorney General’s Office (PGR) has.
Man faces 30 years in prison for stabbing his wife in Merida
Erick. G.L was arrested for the.
Teotihuacán flower carpet sets new Guinness World Record
With an extension of 17,805.19 square.
2018: the year the migration crisis swept the Americas and reached the doorstep of the U.S
Mexico City (AFP) – From the.
Photographs of dogs waiting for homeless owner outside hospital go viral
The scene took place in a.
Natgas shortage in Yucatán to continue – business leaders
According to bnamericas.com, Mexico’s Yucatán peninsula.
OPINION: The future of real estate in the new sexennium
On the last day of his.
Become a Non-Resident of Canada for Tax Purposes
Canadians residing in Mexico full time.