The first edition of the Mérida and Yucatán International Film Festival was inaugurated on Saturday , January 17th with the film “Olvidados”, directed by Carlos Bolado.
This is the first time that an International Film Festival is being held in the State of Yucatán.
Mexican and foreign artists and celebrities such as Michael Nyman, Angélica Aragón, Claudia Lizaldi, Bruno Bichir and Patricia Reyes Espíndola attended the inauguration of the festival, that seeks to support the film industry in the Yucatan Peninsula and Southeast Mexico.
The Mexican movies that will be exhibited during the festival are:
- “Los Ausentes” (“Absentees“)
- “Asteroide” (“Asteroid“)
- “Yo soy la felicidad de este mundo” (“I am the happiness of this world“)
- “Nosotros Lucifer” (“We Lucifer“)
- “Cuatro Lunas” (“Four Moons“)
- “Café cantos de humo” (“Songs of smoke Cafe“)
- “La hora de la siesta” (“Nap Time“)
- “El hogar al revés” (“The home upside down“)
- “Muerte en Arizona” (“Death in Arizona“)
- “Navajazo” (“Stab“)
- “La danza del hipocampo” (“Dance of the hippocampus“)
- “Llévate mis amores” (“Take away my love“)
The festival, directed by Karla Paola Medina, ends on January 24.
more recommended stories
With Mexico Tourism Board closing, private sector seeks promotion options
After months of speculations, the Mexico.
Municipalities of Quintana Roo committed to save the Melipona Bee
Stephane Palmieri, president of the Maya.
Public Security agents arrest 9 Colombian armed suspects in the north of Mérida
MÉRIDA, YUC.- After intense police operations.
“Get the f— out of my country.” -Video-
Once again, racism in the United.
Mexican national dies in U.S. Border Patrol custody
(Reuters) – A 45-year-old man from.
Islas Marías… from prison to tourism – AMLO –
While some applaud the decision, others.
Progreso´s tragedy… The sad aftermath
PROGRESO YUCATAN.- Pedro Alfonso López Cabrera,.
Tycoons tell AMLO that unions are ‘extorting’ businesses
(Reuters) – A group representing some.
Merida to host the World Peace Nobel Prize Summit
Mexico City and Querétaro requested the.
AMLO says he will not ‘confront’ Catholic church over sexual abuse claims
(Reuters) – Mexican President Andres Manuel.