The first edition of the Mérida and Yucatán International Film Festival was inaugurated on Saturday , January 17th with the film “Olvidados”, directed by Carlos Bolado.
This is the first time that an International Film Festival is being held in the State of Yucatán.
Mexican and foreign artists and celebrities such as Michael Nyman, Angélica Aragón, Claudia Lizaldi, Bruno Bichir and Patricia Reyes Espíndola attended the inauguration of the festival, that seeks to support the film industry in the Yucatan Peninsula and Southeast Mexico.
The Mexican movies that will be exhibited during the festival are:
- “Los Ausentes” (“Absentees“)
- “Asteroide” (“Asteroid“)
- “Yo soy la felicidad de este mundo” (“I am the happiness of this world“)
- “Nosotros Lucifer” (“We Lucifer“)
- “Cuatro Lunas” (“Four Moons“)
- “Café cantos de humo” (“Songs of smoke Cafe“)
- “La hora de la siesta” (“Nap Time“)
- “El hogar al revés” (“The home upside down“)
- “Muerte en Arizona” (“Death in Arizona“)
- “Navajazo” (“Stab“)
- “La danza del hipocampo” (“Dance of the hippocampus“)
- “Llévate mis amores” (“Take away my love“)
The festival, directed by Karla Paola Medina, ends on January 24.
more recommended stories
Trump told Shinzo: “I can hand you over ’25 million Mexicans’ to give you a taste of the migration problem”
President Donald Trump reportedly made some.
Mérida breaks ground for the new “Litoteca Nacional de Yucatán”
MÉRIDA, Yuc.- The inauguration ceremony of.
New Companions And Fun Time In Video Chat
If you are willing to find.
The Hermitage of San Dieguito in Tekax
Built 373 years ago, according to.
Mobile App Development: Step-by-Step Guide
What does it take to bring.
Profepa closed down four properties for affecting the ecosystem
The Federal Office of Environmental Protection.
InDriver, ready to rumble in Mérida!
inDriver, an online transportation service, is.
Canada, US & Mexico joint bid will host World Cup 2026
The United States, Mexico and Canada.
The Washington Post says that Mexican presidential candidates squared off in debate
According to the Washington Post, Mexico’s.
Red Carpet style entrance to Gran Museo del Mundo Maya for the presidential debate
The eyes of a nation are.