Buyer’s Representative vs. Seller’s Representative? Many of our prospective clients do not understand the differences between these two agents. So here are some facts about them that will help you learn the difference. Whether you are planning to buy real estate in Mexico or anywhere else, knowing what each agents’ duties are can make a huge difference, saving you time and money.
What is a Seller’s Representative?
Traditionally in Mexico, the seller’s representative is the agent that is contacted by the property owner to sell the property. The seller’s representative counsels the seller, lists the property, deals with the prospective clients, and organizes the open house events and so on. The purpose of this, of course, is to obtain the highest price possible for the property.
Seller’s Representative duties:
- Identifying and delivering “Value-Added Service” to the
- Effectively pricing property in a highly competitive environment.
- Disclosing any defects that the property has.
- Result oriented marketing: websites, signs, real estate ads, hubs, amongst others.
- Organizing tours to the property with prospective clients.
- Organizing open house events.
- Contract provisions to protect the
- Negotiating in the best Interest of the seller.
See, the seller’s representative is hired and paid by the SELLER, so when you call one of these nice friendly realtors on the signs or websites, you are trusting someone that is hired to negotiate in the best Interest of the seller, not you; the prospective buyer.
What is a Buyer’s Representative?
If you are considering investing in Real Estate in Mexico, having a buyer’s representative will save you money, time and hassle. A buyer’s representative is a professional real estate agent committed to protect your interests and only have one mission: to help you find and purchase your dream home.
Buyer’s Representative duties:
- They will search for your ideal property based on your wish list.
- You don’t need to pay the agent service fees….no risk!
- Helping determine your budget and exploring financing options.
- Looking for a property on your behalf.
- Compiling a list of properties within your criteria and present these options to you in the comfort of your hometown or home country.
- When you are ready to visit the area you are interested in, the buyer’s rep will prepare a professional and fun real estate discovery trip.
- The buyer’s rep will pick you up at your hotel for a fun real estate tour, without pressure; showing you the properties that you selected.
- Verifying property taxes, utilities and the value of the property.
- Structuring an offer and present it to the Seller’s representative.
- The Buyer’s representative will do all the negotiating in your best interest.
- Contract provisions to protect you, the buyer.
- The buyer’s representative will be there for you during the entire process of purchasing your home in Mexico.
The buyer’s representative should put your interests ahead of the seller and ahead of his own. Here at Top Mexico Real Estate, we pride ourselves for being Buyers’ Representatives. Our real estate agents can help you find the best property while keeping your interests their top priority.
In Mexico, real estate agents do not need to be licensed in order to sell. That is why it is important to find a good agent who is licensed, schooled and knowledgeable about the real estate marketplace. Do not be afraid to ask your agent for their credentials and for testimonials from their past clients.
Now if you have any question about this or any of the TOP MEXICO REAL ESTATE properties we have listed in Playa Del Carmen, the Riviera Maya or anywhere throughout Mexico, please feel free to contact any of our TOP MEXICO EXPERT SALES TEAM and we will be glad to help you find your very own piece of paradise.
And remember, here at TOP MEXICO REAL ESTATE…
We make it happen!
By Thomas Lloyd
more recommended stories
San Miguel de Allende in the News
Recently San Miguel has been an.
Facebook takes down billions of fake accounts
Facebook took down 2.2 billion fake.
Trump orders intel agencies to assist with review of “Russia probe”
Looks like “investigating the investigators” has.
Frida Kahlo’s Garden Is Still Thriving—Six Decades after Her Death
In a portrait taken in 1940,.
Am I a bad person for committing mistakes?
Your “irrational” beliefs are those negative.
The ‘American Taliban’ is released from prison.
Can radicals re-enter society? TERRE HAUTE.
AMLO’s government flirts with economic suicide – Editorial
The architect of the Argentine debacle.
Coqui Coqui Perfumery: fragrances and scents from around the world
It all began when Argentina-born model Nicolas.
Real estate “Boom” would raise the population of Mérida to two million before 2030
“The city of Mérida would increase.
Google suspends business with Huawei after Trump blacklist
Alphabet Inc’s Google has suspended business.