- That your return is by air or sea.
- That you have the fiscal receipts of your purchases.
- That the purchased merchandise leaves the country.
- That your minimum purchase is of 1,200.00 MXN (approximatelly 100 USD) per establishment with electronic payment.
- That purchases have been made in establishments that participate in the “Program of tax refund for foreign tourists”
- That you paid with electronic means (credit card, debit or of services emitted abroad by foreign financial institutions) or up to 3,000.00 MXN if paid in cash per tourist.
The refund is made by authorized concessionares who have implemented diverse service sites for such effect.
In order to receive a refund, the tourist must:
- Request in the establishment the fiscal receipt of the purchase which containing the data of the tourist and the application form to request the tax refund (also available at our service sites).
- Go to one of our service sites located in ports and airports for such effect.
- Present the merchandise for which the refund of tax is requested to verify that it is leaving the country
- After the documentary verification, there will be a physical validation of any merchandise that exceeds 5,000.00 MXN (including tax); for merchandise that is less than the aforementioned amount the revision may or may not take place per the discretion of those enacting said revisions.
- Once the merchandise has been validated and documentation has been reviewed, the refund payment will be issued.
The amount of the refund is paid in Mexican pesos and the reimbursement is made electronically to the same means of payment used for the original purchase or 50% of the amount of your refund may be reimbursed in cash not to exceed 10,000.00 MXN. In this case, the remainder will be deposited electronically.
At the moment, this service is offered in cities with greater affluence of foreign tourists, eg: City of Mexico, Guadalajara, Cancun, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Majahual, Progreso and Ensenada.
more recommended stories
PROFEPA seizes wild animals in Motul, Yucatán
During an inspection visit in response.
In press release, CONAGUA discards versions of “water privatization” in Mexico
The ten Water Reserve Decrees published.
Campeche shows the highest growth in FDI at national level
Campeche was the entity that grew.
FIFA opened investigation against Mexico for “homophobic” behavior during World Cup
FIFA decided to open a disciplinary.
11 year-old girl will represent Yucatan at World Mathematics Olympiad in Bulgaria
To get to Molas you have.
Mérida attracts Chinese business sector attention
A delegation of the municipal government.
Yucatán national leader in avant garde technological solutions
Scientific staff will learn to market.
Your Best Guide to Vape Pens
We’re sure you’ve heard about the.
Fake photo brings out real issues
Social media users began circulating a.
As he continues leading the polls, AMLO has surrounded himself with mainstream economists
Mexican front runner presidential candidate Andrés.