- That your return is by air or sea.
- That you have the fiscal receipts of your purchases.
- That the purchased merchandise leaves the country.
- That your minimum purchase is of 1,200.00 MXN (approximatelly 100 USD) per establishment with electronic payment.
- That purchases have been made in establishments that participate in the “Program of tax refund for foreign tourists”
- That you paid with electronic means (credit card, debit or of services emitted abroad by foreign financial institutions) or up to 3,000.00 MXN if paid in cash per tourist.
The refund is made by authorized concessionares who have implemented diverse service sites for such effect.
In order to receive a refund, the tourist must:
- Request in the establishment the fiscal receipt of the purchase which containing the data of the tourist and the application form to request the tax refund (also available at our service sites).
- Go to one of our service sites located in ports and airports for such effect.
- Present the merchandise for which the refund of tax is requested to verify that it is leaving the country
- After the documentary verification, there will be a physical validation of any merchandise that exceeds 5,000.00 MXN (including tax); for merchandise that is less than the aforementioned amount the revision may or may not take place per the discretion of those enacting said revisions.
- Once the merchandise has been validated and documentation has been reviewed, the refund payment will be issued.
The amount of the refund is paid in Mexican pesos and the reimbursement is made electronically to the same means of payment used for the original purchase or 50% of the amount of your refund may be reimbursed in cash not to exceed 10,000.00 MXN. In this case, the remainder will be deposited electronically.
At the moment, this service is offered in cities with greater affluence of foreign tourists, eg: City of Mexico, Guadalajara, Cancun, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Majahual, Progreso and Ensenada.
more recommended stories
Cozumel returns to lead the cruise industry in Mexico and South America
The general director of the Port.
According to Mexican businessmen, the Maya Train project will only be profitable for Quintana Roo and Yucatán
In spite of the planning of.
2018 Merida’s International Festival of the Maya Culture has been cancelled
The State Government reported that it.
Organic products are becoming more popular in Mérida
Everyday, more and more companies offer.
Local transport companies will invest 250 million pesos in new Cancun-Tulum Metrobus
In order to cover the growing.
While Venezuelans suffer and die of hunger, Maduro eats at one of the most expensive restaurants in the world (VIDEO)
A viral video showing Venezuelan president Nicolás.
Tulum’s “La Calma” Ecoresort master plan rejected by Semarnat
On September 12th, the environmental organization.
Organ donation culture increases in Yucatan
September 17, 2018 (ACOM) .- The.
New air route Merida-Villahermosa
Viva Aerobus, Mexico’s ultra-low-cost airline, with.
Criminology expert warns about possible increase of organized crime activity in Yucatán
“Poverty levels in the state of.