- That your return is by air or sea.
- That you have the fiscal receipts of your purchases.
- That the purchased merchandise leaves the country.
- That your minimum purchase is of 1,200.00 MXN (approximatelly 100 USD) per establishment with electronic payment.
- That purchases have been made in establishments that participate in the “Program of tax refund for foreign tourists”
- That you paid with electronic means (credit card, debit or of services emitted abroad by foreign financial institutions) or up to 3,000.00 MXN if paid in cash per tourist.
The refund is made by authorized concessionares who have implemented diverse service sites for such effect.
In order to receive a refund, the tourist must:
- Request in the establishment the fiscal receipt of the purchase which containing the data of the tourist and the application form to request the tax refund (also available at our service sites).
- Go to one of our service sites located in ports and airports for such effect.
- Present the merchandise for which the refund of tax is requested to verify that it is leaving the country
- After the documentary verification, there will be a physical validation of any merchandise that exceeds 5,000.00 MXN (including tax); for merchandise that is less than the aforementioned amount the revision may or may not take place per the discretion of those enacting said revisions.
- Once the merchandise has been validated and documentation has been reviewed, the refund payment will be issued.
The amount of the refund is paid in Mexican pesos and the reimbursement is made electronically to the same means of payment used for the original purchase or 50% of the amount of your refund may be reimbursed in cash not to exceed 10,000.00 MXN. In this case, the remainder will be deposited electronically.
At the moment, this service is offered in cities with greater affluence of foreign tourists, eg: City of Mexico, Guadalajara, Cancun, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Majahual, Progreso and Ensenada.
more recommended stories
US State Department removes restrictions for Playa del Carmen
The US State Department through their.
Canadian WestJet launches new Mexico City direct flights
Canadian carrier WestJet is now offering.
Poll suggests Mexico’s Presidential Race is getting tighter
According to Bloomberg, Mexico’s presidential candidate Andres.
Russian expert says: the Maya “will surprise the world”
“The investigation of the Maya codex.
Flamenco Night at El Dzalbay
As every month, Flamenco is here!.
Man threatens a woman with a knife in front of “La Ermita”
According to locals, on Thursday March.
Tourism in Mérida keeps booming prior to Semana Santa
“Yucatan stands out as spearhead in.
Mérida and Athens, Greece about to work together in urban mobility program
Urban Mobility and Citizen Participation in.
Germany returns Mexico two Olmec busts stolen in the 80s
After at least 10 years of.
Oxkintok, stone of three suns
“Whoever lives sees, but whoever travels.