Three factors stand out in a study and analysis of Internet use in Mexico: young people are the most active users, the device of choice is mobile and the most popular destinations are social networks.
The study by the analytics firm comScore found that one of every four Internet pages was viewed in Mexico on a smartphone or tablet, and that this country has the second largest Internet audience in Latin America. Brazil is first.
Digital Future Mexico 2014 also found that Mexico has the highest mobile penetration in the region, and that the most common mobile operating system is Android.
Social media is the most popular destination for surfers, and Facebook is at the top of the list.
Here are some highlights from the comScore study:
• Mexicans spend far less time online — 14.8 hours per month — than the global average of 22.8.
• But they spend a bit more time on each page, 0.84 minutes, compared to 0.67 worldwide.
• Young people aged 15-24 represent 36.5% of the Internet audience. About 61% are under 34, the highest level in the world.
• Mexico has 25.4 million Internet users, second only to Brazil in Latin America, which has 70.9 million.
• Social media has the highest reach in Mexico than any other country, at 98.3%. The global average is 85.4%.
• The top five social media sites for Mexicans are Facebook, YouTube,Taringa, Slideshare and Twitter.
• Mobile penetration in Latin America is highest in Mexico and Chile. For Mexico, 23% of pages visited are viewed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
• And the number of pages that were viewed on any device other than a PC shot up by 81% over 2013.
• Android has 75% of the mobile market, followed by iOS and Windows.
more recommended stories
Poll suggests Mexico’s Presidential Race is getting tighter
According to Bloomberg, Mexico’s presidential candidate Andres.
Russian expert says: the Maya “will surprise the world”
“The investigation of the Maya codex.
Man threatens a woman with a knife in front of “La Ermita”
According to locals, on Thursday March.
Tourism in Mérida keeps booming prior to Semana Santa
“Yucatan stands out as spearhead in.
Mérida and Athens, Greece about to work together in urban mobility program
Urban Mobility and Citizen Participation in.
Germany returns Mexico two Olmec busts stolen in the 80s
After at least 10 years of.
Oxkintok, stone of three suns
“Whoever lives sees, but whoever travels.
Mérida number five municipality in home sales nationwide during 2017
CANCUN, Quintana Roo.- Benito Juárez was.
March 20: Day of the Guayabera in Merida
On March 20, the Guayabera Day.
Conversaciones con Amigos at Merida English Library
“Monday evenings from 7 to 9.