Three factors stand out in a study and analysis of Internet use in Mexico: young people are the most active users, the device of choice is mobile and the most popular destinations are social networks.
The study by the analytics firm comScore found that one of every four Internet pages was viewed in Mexico on a smartphone or tablet, and that this country has the second largest Internet audience in Latin America. Brazil is first.
Digital Future Mexico 2014 also found that Mexico has the highest mobile penetration in the region, and that the most common mobile operating system is Android.
Social media is the most popular destination for surfers, and Facebook is at the top of the list.
Here are some highlights from the comScore study:
• Mexicans spend far less time online — 14.8 hours per month — than the global average of 22.8.
• But they spend a bit more time on each page, 0.84 minutes, compared to 0.67 worldwide.
• Young people aged 15-24 represent 36.5% of the Internet audience. About 61% are under 34, the highest level in the world.
• Mexico has 25.4 million Internet users, second only to Brazil in Latin America, which has 70.9 million.
• Social media has the highest reach in Mexico than any other country, at 98.3%. The global average is 85.4%.
• The top five social media sites for Mexicans are Facebook, YouTube,Taringa, Slideshare and Twitter.
• Mobile penetration in Latin America is highest in Mexico and Chile. For Mexico, 23% of pages visited are viewed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
• And the number of pages that were viewed on any device other than a PC shot up by 81% over 2013.
• Android has 75% of the mobile market, followed by iOS and Windows.
more recommended stories
Expert warns of large tourist drop for Cancun in 2019
“The number of foreign tourists arriving.
Mexican journalist gunned down in Chiapas (VIDEO)
The public prosecutor’s office of Chiapas.
Mérida, recognized as one of the most important tourist spots in Southeast Mexico
The Municipal Tourism Directorate is currently.
Mérida Restaurant Week kicks off today!
From September 24 to 30, Mérida.
Mérida seeks to provide broader public space Internet connection
The technology management of the City.
The Cancun Declaration: 190 countries committed to preserve the environment
Among the commitments of 190 countries.
Immediate response by Yucatán’s law enforcement authorities as they capture Chicxulub murderers
The immediate and effective response by.
Tulum to become Mexico’s first sustainable tourism zone
The municipality of Tulum will become.
Yucatan the ultimate bird-watching destination
If you are into birdwatching, Yucatán.
Man drowns in Chuburná Puerto
A construction worker from the town.