A 15-year-old girl died after she received an electric shock from her cell phone AC adapter.
The young lady spent two weeks in a vegetative state in the intensive care unit of Mérida’s Agustín O’Horán hospital, until finally her heart stopped beating.
According to the Prosecutor’s Office, the incident took place in a house in the west side of Mérida. The teenager went to her grandparents’ house while her parents left to work.
The minor connected her cellular phone because it no longer had battery, and she lay down on a sofa where she was using the device while it was connected to the electricity outlet. The cable crossed over her neck, while her phone’s battery was charging.
At one point there was an electric shock that caused the body of the child to be projected, some say that this happened when she was answering a call, with the phone plugged in, and others that the AC adapter was in poor condition, although the official report states that it was an electric shock.
TYT Newsroom with information from yucatan.com.mx
more recommended stories
The U.S. and Mexico form new plan to take on drug cartels
According to PVDN, U.S. Drug Enforcement.
Gender violence in Merida, a problem that is being solved
The only Psycho-pedagogical and Re-education Center.
Hipil, a combination of photography and embroidery featuring the daily life of Maya women
The exhibition Yucatán en hilos, by.
Mérida,Yucatán: Best Destination at the Food and Travel Awards
In the fifth edition of the.
More than 4,000 Carey turtle nests have been registered in Campeche
“The Carey turtle nesting has increased.
Playa del Carmen: From Heaven to Hell
11 year old girl murdered and.
Mexico offers $1.6 million USD for information leading to drug lord’s arrest
MEXICO CITY (REUTERS) – Mexico is offering.
State of Emergency in Florida due to Red Tide
Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) declared a.
Semarnat acquires machinery to remove sargassum from Quintana Roo beaches
According to mexiconewsnetwork.com, the Ministry of.
Mexican students turn blackwater into clean fuel
Two female students from the Industrial.