A list of the typical food of the Yucatan was presented by Gastronomía: Atlas Cultural de México, 1988, an extensive work by various authors published by the National Institute of Anthropology and History in Mexico City.
Here we share some of the most representative Yucatecan dishes tht made the list:
TRADITIONAL DISHES YOU CAN’T MISS
- Panucho — corn tortillas stuffed with bean paste and fried, then garnished in various ways, particularly with chicken breast and marinated onion strips
- Pollo Ticul — chicken prepared much in the same way as the above, with annatto paste, orange and banana leaves, but also bell pepper, garlic and onions
- Pescado Tikin-Xic — grouper fish prepared with annatto paste and baked in banana leaves.
- Papadzules — small “egg tacos” on a tortilla smothered in tomato sauce and sprinkled generously with toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Pipián — a kind of custard
- Atropellado de coco — coconut, sweet potato, sugar and cinnamon whipped into a paste
- Horchata — made with rice, cinnamon, ground almonds and sugar, served with ice
- Tanchucuá — made of sweetcorn, chocolate, allspice and sugar
- Xtabentún — Anís liquor from fermented honey
To read all the recommendations of Yucatan and other Mexican Mercados, visit the website backyardnature.net
more recommended stories
Mérida seeks to provide broader public space Internet connection
The technology management of the City.
The Cancun Declaration: 190 countries committed to preserve the environment
Among the commitments of 190 countries.
Immediate response by Yucatán’s law enforcement authorities as they capture Chicxulub murderers
The immediate and effective response by.
Tulum to become Mexico’s first sustainable tourism zone
The municipality of Tulum will become.
Yucatan the ultimate bird-watching destination
If you are into birdwatching, Yucatán.
Man drowns in Chuburná Puerto
A construction worker from the town.
Mexico strengthens leadership as an exporter of alcoholic beverages
Mexico Sep. 21 (Notimex).- Mexico strengthened.
Cancun, an example of tourism promotion for Japan
A Quintana Roo delegation of FONATUR.
Homicides in Mexico increase 17% so far in 2018
Intentional homicides in Mexico has increased.
Expats Feel at Home in Mexico; InterNations Survey
InterNations.org recently released the results of.