MEL is a not-for-profit organization offering a variety of cultural, educational, informational and social programs, services and events to the English-speaking community in the Yucatán.
The Merida English Library has a host of ongoing programs for their members and non-members alike. Find out more about them by going to the website (meridaenglishlibrary.com) and clicking on each program.
Calle 53 #524 (x 66 y 68) Centro
Mérida, Yucatán, 97000
- Conversaciones con Amigos – Monday night conversations for practicing new languages.
- Lecture Series – Weekly lectures on subjects of interest
- MEL Nights – Monthly social event to meet other members and Merida residents
- Wine Tasting – Monthly wine tasting evenings and house tours
- House and Garden Tours – Weekly tours of Merida’s homes and gardens (November – March)
- Artist Studio Tours – Annual self-guided tour of the studios of local artists
- One World/Two Languages – Partnership with UADY that pairs college students with English speaking host families for a semester of cultural and language exchange.
- Saturday Storytime – Weekly stories and activities for kids of all ages and their families
- Reading Tuesdays – Monthly gathering for local writers to meet, share their work, sell their books, and hear featured guest speakers.
For more information, go to meridaenglishlibrary.com
more recommended stories
Mérida City Council will take “vulnerable social groups” representatives to visit Logos Hope
MÉRIDA, Yuc.- The City Council of.
Mexico opposes U.S. plan to make it take asylum seekers -document, source
MEXICO CITY, July 12 (Reuters) –.
Mexican scientists develop fetal monitoring device
Specialists from the Center for Industrial.
800,000 tourists are expected to visit Yucatan this summer
“During this summer holiday season it.
Yucatecan guayabera will be present at the Central American and Caribbean Games of Barranquilla 2018
The president of the National Chamber.
One&Only Palmilla a state-of-the-art beach resort by the Sea of Cortez
The One&Only Palmilla sits by the.
“Chayote” the Mexican super-food that could cure cancerous tumors
After a decade of research and.
Hoteliers of Cancún seek promotion in new international markets
Despite the situation faced by hoteliers.
Procter & Gamble moves Mexico headquarters & staff to new offices
Mexico City – Procter & Gamble Co..
Shopping center collapses in Mexico City (watch video)
A portion of a multilevel luxury.