Government of Quintana Roo issues official statement on Tulum case

IOWA FAMILY DIED OF “ASPHYXIATION FROM INHALATION OF TOXIC GAS” QUINTANA ROO PROSECUTOR.

The Quintana Roo government issued a press release on Saturday March 24, after coming under heavy criticism for not releasing the autopsy results on the four American tourists found dead in Tulum, stating the following:

– The family died from asphyxiation caused by inhaling toxic gases.

– There were no signs of violence or robbery.

– Studies are still being conducted to determine what substance killed the Sharps. Various samples have been sent to a lab in Mexico City, results are expected in the next ten days.

– The family had been dead for 36 to 48 hours when they were found at 3 am on Friday March 23.

– Suicide has been ruled out.

– The four bodies remain in the Playa del Carmen morgue – pending the arrival of family members.

– The prosecutor general also released photos (Below) of what appears to be an inspection of the unit in the Tao condominium development where the family was staying – (TAO is part of the Bahia Principe property near Tulum).

Photo: Facebook.com/The Merida Yucatan Bulletin.

Source: Quintana Roo State Government press release





Comments

comments





CLOSE
CLOSE