The state authorities seek to promote safe behaviors and avoid risks for citizens during the Christmas season…
MERIDA – Before the arrival of the December festivities, the State Civil Protection Unit (Procivy) issued a series of recommendations to avoid accidents, in order to strengthen the culture of prevention and promote safe behaviors:
- When decorating the exterior or interior of houses or offices, care should be taken to place the Christmas tree at a minimum distance of one meter from any source of heat. It is necessary to turn off all decorative lights at night and when leaving the property, and not overload a contact with several connections.
- Remember checking the wires and electrical installations before using them, especially if they are old, since they may be damaged after spending a lot of time packed which increases the chances of short circuits and accidents.
- The purchase of gunpowder products can only be done in authorized places and the use of fireworks must be done with extreme caution and under the supervision of an adult. They are the main cause of burns and skin conditions.
- In case of a major injury, always it is recommended go to an emergency service and not use home remedies.
- Also, people must not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, as well as use seat belts and child seats for the minors, in addition to not using the cell phone. As for motorcyclists, it is also necessary to drive with a helmet.
- During this time, low temperatures will be present due to the presence of cold fronts, therefore, citizens are recommended to keep warm by using thermal clothes.
Finally, the agency recalled that for any emergency, the number 911 is available, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
more recommended stories
Mexican state of Jalisco will ban straws, plastic bags & styrofoam in 2019
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico – According to Banderas.
Mexico hosts Pacific Alliance meeting
Mexico will host the fifth edition.
Canadian medicinal cannabis company hires former president Fox
According to Mexico News Network, Canadian.
U.S. Department of State deems all major tourism destinations safe
On July 16, 2018, the United.
Maya Train would tirigger tourism activity in Quintana Roo, Campeche, Tabasco and Chiapas
Campeche has started to reactivate its.
22 year-old American tourist commits suicide in Cancun
A 22-year-old American tourist, allegedly took.
Eight Mexican Wolf pups were born in captivity, and they already have a name
The eight Mexican wolf pups born.
Municipal Police “shields” Valladolid during the summer holidays
The downtown area of Valladolid is.
Logos Hope: world’s largest floating bookstore conquers Progreso, Yucatán
A large number of people have.
North American companies see investment opportunities in Yucatan
As of June 25, Courtney Beale.