Superstar footballer Rafael Márquez denied links to criminal organizations, as alleged by the United States Department of the Treasury Wednesday August 9….
GUADALAJARA — Márquez read a brief statement at the facilities of the Atlas club in Guadalajara to defend himself and inform that he will help the authorities to clarify the facts.
“I categorically deny any kind of relationship with this organization (Raúl Flores Hernández), and the facts referred to in the various journalistic notes. I understand the legal situation in which I am and I will immediately seek clarification of the facts with the support of my team of lawyers,” Marquez said.
“I clarify that I have not and have never participated in any of these organizations in which I have been mentioned. I want to be very punctual and I reiterate my commitment to support the different authorities and corresponding governments … and keep the media informed,” said the player, visibly tense.
Marquez also called for respect for his family who, along with him, are going through this situation “which is not normal, it is a difficult situation,” and thanked the support of the people. “I know a lot of people are with me and I’m not going to let them down. As well as I have faced my professional career, nowadays my most difficult play match is to clarify all this and to be the Rafa Márquez that you know,” he added. Then the player got up from the table and did not accept questions from the media.
On Wednesday, the U.S. Treasury Department announced the application of sanctions to the Mexican national team’s captain for being related to the Sinaloa Cartel and the Cartel Jalisco Nueva Generación (CJNG).
The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the United States Treasury Department says that Marquez — and the singer of northern music Julión Álvarez — are part of a network of money laundering from the sale of drugs, a criminal organization headed by Raúl Flores Hernández and several members of his family.
The sanction applied by the Treasury Department is based on the crime of “supporting Flores’ drug trafficking activities, and / or being owned or controlled by it, its members and trusted partners,” OFAC said in a press release.
The real estate properties and bank accounts owned by the accused — Rafael Márquez and 21 other people — inside the demarcations under the American jurisdiction, are confiscated and remain frozen. Citizens, entrepreneurs and any person in the United States are prohibited from any relationship or contact with those involved.
more recommended stories
Yucatecan food caused a big sensation at Tianguis Turístico 2018
Cochinita pibil, one of the most.
Peña Nieto signed the declaration of Special Economic Zone of Campeche and Tabasco
On April 17, President Enrique Peña.
The Mulsay Zoo, long forgotten by the people and authorities of Mérida
Residents of western Mérida are sad.
Animal cruelty in the state of Puebla goes unpunished
In the last month, 15 stray.
Priest shot dead marks 2nd clerical murder this week in Mexico
Roman Catholic authorities in Mexico say.
Mexican presidential candidates face off in first debate with clear lead in polls for leftist AMLO
On Sunday April 22, the first debate.
Yucatán hosts regional technology node for greater innovation
Composed by 10 scientific-academic institutions from.
Leaders of the Americas adopt commitment to fight corruption
The 8th Summit of the Americas.
Spanish oil company Repsol enters the Mexican market
Seven gas stations in Baja California.
Balché: Sacred Maya drink
The balché is a Maya ceremonial.