Published On: Fri, May 19th, 2017

Hollywood escapes to Valle de Guadalupe, Tulum, and San Miguel de Allende

Rihanna was the biggest thing to happen to Valle de Guadalupe, a village, about a five-hour drive from L.A., when she visited the formerly sleepy ranchero-filled wine-producing valley, according to Hollywood Reporter.

It’s been steadily gaining a reputation as a south-of-the-border mecca for adventurous foodies and wine lovers, but since the singer took over the luxe-minimalist Encuentro Guadalupe “anti-resort” (rooms from $380) in 2014, the area has seen industry visitors including Diego Luna, Drew Barrymore and Emily Ratajkowski.

“The new Baja food scene blended with extraordinary wines is a combination that is hard to find in other regions,” says Fernando Castro Perez, owner/winemaker of La Lomita winery and TrasLomita restaurant, of the appeal. He’s also seen Gael Garcia Bernal, Ricky Martin and Karla Souza around. “It’s very reclusive. We cannot forget it is a rural Mexican village with people who are working in the field or minding their own business, so out here Hollywood celebrities are treated like anybody else.”

Rihanna’s favored property boasts a private wine cellar where guests can request a secluded farm-to-table, wine-paired dinner for two. Revered El Cielo Winery (which boasts pristine valley views) just opened the first couple of luxury villas (from $430) — secluded among grape vines — for its future boutique hotel, open fully by the end of the year. And by popular demand, the intimate, sustainable, Alejandro D’Acosta-designed Clos de Tres Cantos winery debuts two guest rooms in May (from $250), which come with a bottle of vino and private behind-the-scenes wine tour. Bruma Valle de Guadalupe winery, too, launches its first restaurant this summer, and for accommodations, two private pool suites at Casa Ocho (from $285).

Vineyard in Valle de Guadalupe. (PHOTO: Getty Images)

Vineyard in Valle de Guadalupe. (PHOTO: Getty Images)

The cuisine scene is headed up by chef Diego Hernandez of the hyperlocal gastronomical gem Corazon de Tierra, who this March opened Verlaine in West Hollywood. His ever-changing menus are informed by the season and improvisation, and the kitchen is sympathetic to nitpicky diets or even vegans. “We have a lot of people coming from L.A. to the valley, from both the entertainment and restaurant industries,” says Hernandez. “Most drive, but some also arrive by helicopter.”

Tourists visit archeological site at the beach in Tulum National Park, Quintana Roo state, Mexico on March 22, 2017. (Photo DANIEL SLIM/AFP/Getty Images)

A further local attraction: a wave of food trucks that feel fresh and modern, like the torta-serving Airstream at favorite eatery Finca Altozano, and Telefonica Gastropark, a culinary commune from Tijuana that just opened a weekend-only location in the Valle. Adds Perez, “One of the main attractions is that it doesn’t feel like a tourist destination. You don’t feel forced to follow a pattern; you are on your own. I guess that is one of the most valuable things to have when you are a celebrity.”

To read complete article click here.

Source: hollywoodreporter.com

Comments

comments

1. Jamel says:

Thank you, I have just been searching for information about this subject for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure about the source?

2. garageband free says:

It was actually wonderful reading this and I think you are completely correct. Tell me if you are thinking of garageband for iphone, that is my principal competency. I hope to see you in the near future, cheers!

3. Tijuana says:

Good write-up, I’m normal visitor of one’s site, maintain up the excellent operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.

4. ig marketing says:

I always read your articles attentively. I am furthermore looking into free instagram followers app, maybe you might write about this at times. I’ll be back soon.

5. inspirational quotes says:

You’re absolutely right! I enjoyed reading through this article and I will get back for more immediately. My internet site is dealing with funny quotes, you could have a look if you’re interested in this.

6. Tristan says:

Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for beginner blog writers? I’d definitely appreciate it.

7. my site says:

Hello there. I just found your site and I certainly like it. I also like to talk about router address at times. Good to be around, thanks!

8. boost mobile customer service number says:

Hello! This is my first reply here so I simply wanted to give a fast shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend other blogs that cover customer call? I am also really intrigued by that thing! Thanks!

9. Cassandra says:

certainly like your website but you have to check the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to tell the truth nevertheless I’ll definitely come back again.