Price of square meter of houses for sale in Merida is cheaper than in Mexico City.
At least six out of 10 people in Mérida believe that it is safe to live in the capital of Yucatan.
Merida tops the list of the 10 safest cities to live in, and houses are 84% cheaper than in Mexico City.
This is revealed by data from the National Survey of Urban Public Security (Encuesta Nacional de Seguridad Pública, ENSU, in Spanish) of the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía, INEGI, in Spanish) and the real estate portal properties.com
In the ENSU reports of the last two quarters of 2016, Mérida remained one of the cities with the highest ratings on safety perception.
From July to September, 66.8% of the residents said they felt safe in Merida, while from October to December, 66.2% perceived this, meaning the decline is than 1 percentage point.
In the last quarter of 2016, the second most secure city was Puerto Vallarta, with 59.5%, followed by Durango with 57.7%, Tepic, Nayarit, with 56%, and Piedras Negras, Coahuila, with 52.7%.
The remaining five are two from Coahuila, Saltillo (50.4%), and the metropolitan area of La Laguna (49.9%), Tampico, Tamaulipas (46.5%), Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua (44.6%) and Campeche (42.3%).
The most expensive city to live in
Mexico City is the most expensive to live in, given that on average the price per square meter of houses for sale is 16 thousand 71 pesos.
However, only between 12% and 15.2% of the inhabitants consider it a safe city to live, according to ENSU results at the end of last year.
Of the 10 safest cities, Mérida has a cost per square meter of eight thousand 733 pesos, some 7,333 pesos less than Mexico City.
In this way, a house of 200 square meters in Merida would have a sale price of 1.7 million pesos; against the 3.2 million that would be paid in the country’s capital.
Those wishing to live in Puerto Vallarta will face prices per square meter from 12,571 pesos, according to the averages referred to by the real estate portal.
That is to say that a house of 200 square meters would sell for approximately 2.5 million pesos.
Top 10 safe cities and home prices
When crossing the data of perception of security against the price of the square meter of constructed land, the survey produced this list of the most suitable cities to live in the country.
- Merida Yucatan
- Perception of security: 66.2%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: eight thousand 733 pesos.
- Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
- Perception of security: 59.5%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: 12 thousand 571 pesos.
- Durango, Durango
- Perception of security: 57.7%.
- Average price of the m2 of construction: six mmil 417 pesos.
- Tepic, Nayarit
- Perception of security: 56%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: seven thousand 915 pesos.
- Piedras Negras, Coahuila
- Perception of security: 52.7%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: five thousand 417 pesos.
- Saltillo, Coahuila
- Perception of security: 50.4%.
- Average price of the m2 of construction: seven thousand 663 pesos.
- La Laguna metropolitan area
- Perception of security: 49.9%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: from 5 thousand 616 pesos.
- Tampico, Tamaulipas
- Security perception: 46.5%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: nine thousand 128 pesos.
- Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua
- Perception of security: 44.6%.
- Average price of the m2 of construction: six thousand 19 pesos.
- Campeche, Campeche
- Perception of security: 42.3%.
- Average price of m2 of construction: eight thousand 874 pesos.
more recommended stories
Catalog highlights relevance of the flower in Mexican Culture
The flower, addressed as a substantive.
19th edition of the International Jazz Festival of Campeche features world-class artists
Campeche will present its International Jazz.
PEMEX pipeline on the Mérida-Progreso highway explodes as fuel was being illegaly extracted
According to unofficial reports, the explosion.
Measures against Influenza reinforced by Isstey authorities
Mérida, Yucatán, July 18, 2018.- In.
Oscar winning Guillermo Del Toro grants scholarships to three Mexican talents in animation
Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, with the.
Mexican congress asks Health Secretariat to evaluate if there is an Influenza epidemic in Yucatan
The Mexican Congress directed an appeal.
AMLO’s government would consider legalization of drugs
Mexico’s new government is set to explore the.
Yucatan’s state government and private initiative join to fight Influenza
Merida, Yucatan, July 18, 2018.- Breaking.
The U.S. may pursue separate trade deal with Mexico
According to REUTERS, President Donald Trump.
Summer homes rentals on the rise in Yucatan
The coastline from Chuburna to Telchac.