A statement to Mexico and its people from a group of foreign residents in Merida:
– We feel the need to voice our solidarity and intent to help our adopted country any way we can.
– We recognize the important role Mexico and its people play in the economy and social fabric of the United States.
– We have chosen to make our home here in Mexico and despite the current US politics, we stand with our Mexican neighbors.
– We have always felt welcomed by Mexican hospitality and embraced by the people.
– We are embarrassed by the treatment of Mexico and its people by our current government.
– We believe in open arms, not closed walls.
– If more walls are built, we have shovels.
Signed: Sus Vecinos y Amigos
Sus Vecinos y Amigos is a group of foreign residents of Merida, Yucatan.
The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are those of the writers and not necessarily those of The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
New luxury and PR strategy for Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen
Luxury strategy and public relations agency.
Tulum’s “Art With Me” Festival instantly becomes a world class event (FORBES.com)
Sunbathing on the beach in Tulum,.
Three time NBA Champion Klay Thompson charters plane to Mexico full of IG models
Three-time champion Klay Thompson is in.
The current ESAY premises will be turned into the new University of the Arts
“The transformation of the Higher School.
Your Best Guide to Vape Pens
We’re sure you’ve heard about the.
Canada, US & Mexico joint bid will host World Cup 2026
The United States, Mexico and Canada.
Yucatecan writer receives Medal of Cultural Journalism “Oswaldo Baqueiro López”
The contributions of Antonio Novelo Medina.
Most beautiful restaurant in the world is in Yucatán
The flagship restaurant of Chablé Resort.
Tablao Flamenco: Saturdays @ El Dzalbay Cantina
Because you asked for it, they.
A tribute to The Beatles / June 8 / @ El Dzalbay Cantina
We have prepared a well-deserved super.